History Sets Date for Sons of Liberty Miniseries — Watch the First Teaser

Sonf of Liberty Miniseries

The History channel has set a premiere date for Sons of Liberty, its three-night Revolutionary War-era miniseries.

Airing January 25, 26 and 27 at 9/8c, the mini follows a defiant and radical group of young men — Sam Adams, John Adams, Paul Revere, John Hancock and Dr. Joseph Warren — as they band together in secrecy to change the course of history and make America a nation.

VIDEO Watch the First Vikings Season 3 Trailer

The photo above features Ryan Eggold (The Blacklist) as Warren, Michael Raymond-James (Once Upon a Time) as Revere, Ben Barnes (The Chronicles of Narnia) as Sam Adams, Rafe Spall (Prometheus) as Hancock and Henry Thomas (E.T.) as John Adams.

Additionally, Marton Csokas (Rogue) plays General Thomas Gage, who is sent to handle the colonial unrest in Boston; Emily Berrington (24: Live Another Day) is Margaret Gage; Jason O’Mara (Terra Nova) portrays General George Washington and Dean Norris (Breaking Bad) plays the “brilliant yet mischievous” and oft naked Benjamin Franklin.

History released the slightest of teasers below. Will you be watching?

1. HeatherC says:

Yes, I’m anxious to see this miniseries! Wasn’t this supposed to air in December though? I swear I read something about that earlier this year. I guess it got pushed back for whatever reason. No matter to me….MRJ is in it along with Dean Morris and lots of other awesome actors which means I’ll be watching it for sure! =)

2. herman1959 says:

I wouldn’t mine seeing this if I can do so on hulu or Netflix.

3. Piers says:

This seemed promising until I read the cast list and saw MRJ as Paul Revere. The man can’t manage accents. He’ll bring it down.

4. kd83954 says:

I’m super stoked! The History Channel puts out quality stuff. Is it possible to enlarge the photo? Would love to zoom in on it!

5. stephanie says:

i am so excited about this!!!! i will definetly watch it!
    Love MRJ and Ben Barnes, this looks awesome!

6. The Beach says:

I wonder which Dean Norris will show up…the Breaking Bad one (fantastic) or the Dome one (overacting characature)?

7. Bunker Hill says:

Kevin Ryan Plays Major Pitcairn

8. John says:

Really looking forward to this. I would absolutely love of History Channel would so a series on Lafayette, the young flamboyant Frenchman who joined and at 19 years of age fought alongside Washington, Hamilton and others to help America in its fight for independence! A most amazing man who is known in many circles as the adopted son of Washimgton!

9. Karen bukowski says:

When will sons of liberty mini series play agsin

10. Nicole S. says:

Sooo my husband and I watched the first 3 episodes – AMAZING! we cant get enough!

However…..

When does it air again? I can’t find anything about the schedule for this show!

11. Rose Moore says:

I see this advertisement and am interested in watching it. When does it air again?

12. Tina says:

When will the The sons of liberty be rebroadcast ? My recording was deleated and can’t find if on demand .

13. Sandra Schleicher says:

When will season 2 air? My husband and I watched season 1 all episodes, and loved it, and do not want to miss any remaining episodes. Why can’t I find any information on season 2? Come on History channel, you’ve captured our attention, don’t leave us hanging, at least give out information on when season 2 will air so we can mark our calendars.

14. JohnB says:

I asked History channel whether and when a new season would start and they said just to keep looking for updates. So… No real answer