Hart of Dixie Season 4 Premiere Date (Finally) Revealed by The CW

Hart Of Dixie Season 4 Premiere

Pregnant or not, here she comes!

Dr. Zoe Hart, along with the rest of the BlueBell gang, will return for Hart of Dixie‘s 10-episode fourth season on Friday, Jan. 9, at 8/7c, The CW announced Tuesday.

RELATED The CW Fall Finale Dates Revealed: Arrow, Supernatural, Flash and More

As for whether or not Rachel Bilson’s titular character will have a bun in the oven this season, that remains a mystery… for now.

“[Dixie creator] Leila Gerstein is planning to have a pregnancy eventually happen to the character of Zoe Hart,” CW President Mark Pedowitz told reporters back in July. (Key word: “eventually.”)

Masters of Illusion, hosted by Dean Cain (Lois & Clark), also returns Jan. 9 at 9 pm, leading into reruns of Whose Line is it Anyway?

Dixie fans, what are your hopes for the show’s fourth season? Are you crossing your fingers for a Zoe-baby? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. kn1231 says:

About time! Now it’s just time for them to confirm if this season is the last. And where the season is only 10 episodes, hopefully they don’t try to split it.

• Sutton says:

They obviously aren’t confirming anything until the ratings for season 4 come out.

• kn1231 says:

Nothing obvious about it actually. Many of the cast of tweeted out messages which makes it seem like this will be the last season. It has been reported that Bilson wants to take a full maternity leave. Ratings are currently the least of their problems. But thanks for your input.

• Allie says:

They don’t confirm until the ratings are in because that will be all that matters at this point. They wrapped filming before Rachel Bilson gave birth so they obviously won’t begin filming again unless a hypothetical season 5 begins filming next summer. This will give her a long maternity leave in that case.
          Most television shows sign leads for 5 year contracts after the first season is picked up, meaning that unless the show is cancelled and they are let out of their contracts at the end of season 4, if the show is picked up for a fifth season (depending on ratings), they’ll likely all be back.

• Sutton says:

Exactly Ali. Eight months of maternity leave is more than enough and “full leave”. It absolutely can get renewed, and it’s very obvious to everyone that that depends on the ratings.

• js says:

In canada you get 1 year materinity leave and other european countries you get much more. US has the if not one of the shortest then the shortest maternity leave period.

• Tracy says:

The ratings last year were dismal so I’m surprised the show is back at all!

2. Sarah says:

My guess is Zoe will be pregnant in a flashforward at the end.

3. Yes, I am hoping for a Zade pregnancy. Who else would I want her to have a kid with? George Tucker?

4. (Seriously, I want her to be pregnant with Wade’s kid)

5. Sutton says:

Please everyone watch live and tell everyone you know! Us fans want a season 5!!

6. LE says:

Please CW don’t let this be the final season :(!!!!!!

7. RichieS says:

I think the baby daddy will be the Adam Brody character.

8. Jill says:

There is a lot of work to to undo the Season 3 damage. They should start with making Zoe and Wade happily in love with each other and then untangle the web of George, Lemon, Lavon, AB, and Tansy.

• ... says:

Shippers like you are ruining television.

• Bwhit says:

Respectfully disagree, a show like this is all about the couples and who fits with who. The ratings dropped so bad in my opinion because, Zoe and Wade stayed apart, clearly they are THE couple and I hope this season finds them together.

• b.A.d says:

I believe the ratings dropped because somehow along the way, the show lost it’s magic…I loved season 1-town events, music & the interactions with each other. Season 3 came along and as a fan I was just disappointed!

• alisha says:

I agree, season four needs to bring some happy couples together because all the drama is getting old. I would love to see zoe and wade together but honestly believe AB and Joel would be a cute couple. If you noticed they were dancing together at the wedding reception. Her character really is out of options at this point. It wouldn’t hurt my feelings at if neither George nor Lavon ended up with Lemon. Lemon is desperately clinging to her social status that she ruined herself by cheating ob George, sleeping with meatball, faking a relationship with Wade, and openly dating Carter and Enrique. She is NOT a high class southern belle anymore and needs to learn to date in her new league. It’s the only way she will find happiness. Personally though I foresee a one night stand between Zoe and George then Zoe and wWade get back together only to find out she is pregnant by george. leaving an opening for hopefully a season 5.

9. Rebecca says:

Cannot wait for HOD to start! Hoping for a Zade baby!

10. Emelie says:

I love love love Hart of Dixie. It is such a shame season 4 is only 10 episodes. I hope this isn’t the last season. The show is a joy to watch.

11. Aiman says:

she is definitely be shown pregnant! n my bet is on Wade!!!

12. Boiler says:

Such a fun show. My hopes are that there is a season 5 if actors want to continue

13. Katherine215 says:

Love this show soooo much. I’m really hoping this isn’t the last season but it seemed like some of the actors’ comments on twitter implied that it is. Still, I’m excited it’s coming back soon-ish!

14. Heidi says:

So glad to hear that Dixie will be back soon! Hoping for a babywade on my screen and keeping fingers crossed for Season 5

15. Kizi says:

I would love to see another heat wave so then she and Wade can get back together and then that would result in a Zade baby!

16. db says:

I love Hart of Dixie. CW please renew the show for a 5th season.

17. Kate says:

Weird night of TV for me…but glad to see it has a premiere date! Its really has to be Wade’s baby, just because she can be really determined.

18. crystal says:

When is Zoe going to get with George Tucker. I have been waitingeven just a hook up and the baby be his.

19. Mary Kate says:

AHHHH finally! So happy we don’t have to wait until March or something like I was expecting. If this is the last season, I hope we get a nice wrapped up ending.

20. Mina says:

why only 10 episodes

21. csr says:

Yay! Finally. Zoe and Wade. And all the others.

22. Joey Padron says:

So happy the show’s new season have a premiere date. Can’t wait to see it in January!

23. Jared says:

Love Hart of Dixie and its definitely one of my faves on The CW. A baby would honestly come out of nowhere but this show doesn’t really play in reality which in my opinion is part of it’s charm. Im all for a 5th season but honestly dont see that happening considering the cast is already booking other shows.

24. Jared says:

Off topic but im assuming BATB is being held for Summer?

25. Jacqueline says:

Yea she should have baby zoe hart with wade.. Can’t wait for this to come back..

26. Skaddadle says:

I want a Zoe/Wade baby! Yep. :)

27. Tracy says:

I loved Hart of Dixie when it first started and when there was hope of a Zoe/George relationship; the show never gave Zoe and George a chance and instead focused on the horrible Zoe/Wade relationship and killed the show. I won’t be watching this season because I no longer care about this wasted opportunity of a show!

• Jill says:

Thank you. The first season was so fun and fresh the second season was all about Zoe and Wade’s dysfunctional relationship. I was so happy when Zoe and Wade broke up. I was good with her and Joel, but you are right they never gave her and George a try. I can’t stand the thoughts of another season like horrible season 2.

28. Lore says:

Love this show. Hope that next season is good and that they keep filming.

29. Tracie says:

I’m glad that the show finally has a premiere date. This show is a great break each week from the rest of what’s on TV. If this is the last season, which is highly likely, it will be missed. At least there are 10 more episodes to enjoy.

From Pedowtiz’s comments, I think he basically said that Zoe will eventually be pregnant next season. Yes the keyword is eventually which means she won’t be when the season starts but probably becomes pregnant sometime during the season. I won’t be surprised if Zoe and Wade end up getting together in the premiere to write the pregnancy in.

30. SEASON5FTW says:

As I am currently in a HOD marathon, I have been doing some google investigating, and both Jamie King, Scott Porter and Wilson Bethel have spoken out on social Media/ In interviews to say it is NOT necessarily the last season, although the ending would be sufficent if it HAD to be a series finale. From the attitude of the cast, they would like to come back, fantastic show and I believe if they wanted to get close to syndication, you need 5 seasons or 100 episodes???

HERE IS HOPING FOR SEASON 5!!!!

And Im going against the tide, but still hoping that George and Zoe get together. And Lavon and Lemon. and that everyone stops yo-yoing on who they love etc. Its getting incestuous.

31. PK says:

The show will have great rating & we will see a season 5 if Zoe & Wade are back together & the baby is Wade. If that doesn’t happen kiss the show good bye – no season 5.

32. Tammy says:

Love Hart of Dixie. Please don’t let this be last season. Would be great for it to be Wades baby. Been looking forward to Hart of Dixie’s return. Not to happy about it being aired on Friday night was that so the ratings would drop. Most people are busy on Friday nights. Shows great, don’t mess with a good thing..

33. Tran says:

Don’t know if rumors are starting to wonder if the upcoming season of Hart of Dixie is going to be its last but I’ll be shocked if it gets renewed for a fifth and definite “final season”.

34. Heather says:

I so want a Zade baby!!!! I think they are perfect for each other! George is a good guy and all but i think hes too boring for Zoe! Getting excited to see what’s really in store though for Season 4! I just got my friend hooked!!!!

35. All I want from this show (apart from another season) is for Lemon and George to be together!!!!<33 I have LOVED them since the first season!!! If Zade, Lemorge and Lavon/AB are endgame I'll be a happy :)

36. melissa says:

Change the day of the show. Why can’t it be Mondays like it use to. Why does it have to be Friday? I love this show and on Fridays I always miss it :(

37. Jorja says:

OMG! I have been binge watching HOD for the past few weeks on Netflix & I luv it! I’m all caught up now & ready for season 4.

I’m absolutely Team Wade & I was so brokenhearted when he cheated. Please come back for season five – you have lots of fans & we PROMISE we’ll watch!!

Right guys?

38. LDHOUSTON says:

Would love Zoe to be pregnant on the show. I am so glad it is coming back. I can’t wait. Please, please don’t cancel. I love going to Blue Bell every week. Only series I have watched with dedication in years and I am not in my 20’s or 30’s. I really enjoy the whole cast.

39. Heat wave got to happen again but this time Zoe choose Jorge.. if she gets pregnant has to be Jorge baby ! That will be the perfect couple of Blue Bell and the one we have been waiting since the day they meet on the side of the road.

40. Mary Ann Dutcher says:

Yes and with George not Wade!

41. Louise Gallagher says:

I hope Zoe will get together with George, settle down and marry with a happy ending.

42. bobbi kinlaw says:

Only if Zoe and Wade have a baby!

43. Moranda says:

OMG I’m a huge fan I’ve been waiting for Zoe and Wade to be together again I love them. I don’t want Lemon with George though I definitely love AB & Lavon so my fingers are crossed can’t wait till January ! I don’t understand why it’s only 10 though I’m hurt! I pray it’s NOT the last ! This show is amazing I wish I was an actor just to be in the show! You guys are awesome

• Tracie says:

It is only 10 episodes because Rachel Bilson was pregnant. That is all they could film before she was due to have her daughter.

44. Geny says:

I think the show lost it’s touch when it just became about dating the wrong person, and going back and forth with old love, and then leaving again. It felt like it just kept going in circles. I do have to say the ending of season 3 was awesome. Great cliff hanger for season 4!! Good job writers. If the characters can finally stay with someone and evolve that would bring ratings up. The show started with George and Zoe and now after 3 seasons they don’t even date. What happen there? Can someone just please get married and live happily ever after. Can Levon and Lemon finally be a couple? And well Wade and AB? I don’t know, but can the characters please evolve!! AB still in love with Levon and Levon with Lemon is just a mess, but looking forward to seeing the outcome in season 4!!

45. Joyce says:

i love this show , and season 4 comes out on my birthday can’t wait. Hope Zoe and wade have baby they fit together not the other guy.

46. Lisa says:

Glad it is coming back. Season 3 ending was great. Bummed about George and Levon pursuing the sour Lemon. Levon needs to wake up and get with AB!

47. Cynthia Shepard says:

At 70 years old, very few things make me warm inside. Hart of Dixie is one of them. Please keep me warm!

48. Rose says:

if you all want a season 5 you all must watch season 4 if you want that people all hart of dixie fans .
    must watch season 4 for a new season 5 / my endgame is lavon and lemon X wade and zoe
    no more lavon and AB just friends feel sorry for AB fans .

49. Irene says:

Love the show can’t wait for season 4. Zoe and Wade are awesome together fingers crossed for them.

50. Magda says:

No baby! There hasn’t even been a wedding. If she got with Wade and had a baby the show wouldn’t be worth watching. It is fun wondering if it will be Wade, George, or what the heck, Jonah. I would like to see her with George for awhile. Happily ever after means the show ends. Friends got so boring when Chandler and Monica got married. Shortly after the show ended. Hopefully the writers keep it interesting for many more seasons.