Celebrity Apprentice Finally Gets Return Date; Cast Includes a Jonas, a Gosselin

Celebrity Apprentice Premiere Date 2015

He’s re-hired!

The Celebrity Apprentice, which has been missing from NBC’s schedule since its Spring 2013 cycle, is returning to the NBC lineup on Sunday, Jan. 4 at 9/8c — with Donald Trump at the helm — before settling into a regular Monday 8/7c timeslot, the network announced today.

NBC plans to air back-to-back one-hour installments each week — which will mean two boardroom showdowns and multiple firings (along with plenty of tears an screaming) per night.

The full cast (photos below) will include two-time World Series champion Johnny Damon; comedian Gilbert Gottfried; Sig Hansen, the star of Deadliest Catch; singer Kevin Jonas; actor Lorenzo Lamas; NFL star Terrell Owens; talk show host Geraldo Rivera; and television and Beverly Hills 90201/Sharknado’s Ian Ziering; Gold Medal Olympic snowboarder Jamie Anderson; actress Vivica A. Fox; TV host Leeza Gibbons; reality star Brandi Glanville; reality star Kate Gosselin; gold medal Olympian Shawn Johnson; Kenya Moore, former Miss USA and star of The Real Housewives of Atlanta; and The Cosby Show‘s Keshia Knight Pulliam.

Late comic legend Joan Rivers will be among the previous Celebrity Apprentice champs who are returning as advisers. (Rivers filmed her segments prior to her death in September.)

Trump’s children — Don Jr., Ivanka and Eric Trump — will serve as his advisers. The winner of the competition will score a $250,000 donation to his or her designated charity.

Excited about making a return to the Boardroom? Check out cast photos below, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Jake says:

Well I just read to main reasons not to watch this season 1. Kate Gosselin 2. Not as bad as number one but Gilbert Gottfried.

2. Shar says:

Keisha for the win1

3. “(Rivers filmed her segments prior to her death in September.)” I would certainly hope so o.O

4. Susan Chapman says:

Oh, Rudy! You don’t need this jerk in your life.

5. wrstlgirl says:

Wow, no one there I’m interested in seeing.

6. knd says:

They’re really taking the term ‘celebrity’ more loosely this season.

7. Dmac says:

Why won’t they just let Kate Gosslin go away. No one really cares.

8. kirads09 says:

There should be a rule that a person can only be on ONE “reality” show in their lifetime. Nothing here making me want to tune in .

• Moment says:

I think it depends on the person. Certainly The Amazing Race has done well with some of its Survivor/Big Brother contestants. I’m all for people being rotated between these shows if it works.

• KG says:

No it doesn’t…They need to do us all a favor and cancel these crap fest reality shows. These reality shows are the reason we have to deal with seeing bimbos like Kate Gosselin; The Kardashians and Elizabeth Hasselback in the media all the time. They are not real stars, they are wannabees. D-List individuals at best.

9. Kathy Ann Holbrook says:

My two reasons not to watch are Gosselin and Moore….I never dreamed Mr. Trump would have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for participants….I no longer watch RHOA because of Moore and now I won’t watch Celebrity Apprentice either.

• Kristen says:

You must be really scraping the barrel of TV entertainment if you would even consider watching RHOA to begin with. Not saying that I like Trump, but seriously the whole RHO series is insulting. These women want people to think they are high class and intelligent, except they are nothing but wealthy ignorant trailer trash.

• Jack says:

“never dreamed Mr. Trump would have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for participants”- I am assuming that you do not understand Donald Trump, then, and have not watched previous seasons of CA. Each and every one of them was scraping. Spolier alert- All future ones will be, too.

10. Stu says:

what has KG got in common with any of those other people mentioned. why she keeps popping up on TV just perplexes me. NO one wants to see her

• Steve F. says:

Hey, with her limited skill set (and broke ex), someone’s gotta feed those 8 kids! (It’s not as if she’ll be returning to nursing any time soon… KG’s too addicted to fame.)

11. David4 says:

(Rivers filmed her segments prior to her death in September.)

I would hope so!

12. This is the show that should remain on Sun nite 10pm slot so it can be pre-empted by football repeatedly…the dumbing down of America continues!

13. Sig Hansen would probably be the only reason for me to watch. Everyone else, not so much. Especially not Terrell Owens…

14. Broadwayfan says:

KATE GOSSELIN?!?!? Oh, brother!! She’ll whine and cry that everyone is against her, and nothing will ever be her fault!! Please, Donald, let her hear the first ‘You’re fired.’
    I’m glad the show’s finally coming back. I’ve been wondering about it.

15. erik says:

(Rivers filmed her segments prior to her death in September.)

As they have managed to bring this show back from the dead, maybe Joan will make a surprise appearance?

16. spotteddog says:

I am probably one of the few who don’t totally dislike Kate G., but people on this show usually have contacts from which to get donations. I doubt Kate has such contacts, so I don’t expect her to last long. At least we won’t have to watch the human train wreck that is Gary Busy, who just made me nervous every time he spoke.

17. Ray says:

This cycle was shot in 2013. It will be very dated by the time it airs in 2015.

18. Jeffrey says:

Rivers filmed her segments prior to her death in September.

You don’t say?

19. thisismenow says:

Too bad LeAnn Rimes wasn’t on the show. Having the talentless Brandi and her on the same team trying to bus each other would have made for popcorn worthy television. They may also learn to get over themselves.

20. Boiler says:

Trump must have some type of blackmail on a higher up at NBC

21. sanchopanza says:

Is there no way we can escape Kate Gosselin? A desert island maybe?

22. ... says:

Can we make a concerted effort to not watch, discuss, or cover The Apprentice this season? Donald Trump is horrendous in pretty much every aspect and the American public (and the TV media at large) needs to send a message that enough is enough.

23. CactusRose says:

Can get the pics to load!

24. The Noble One says:

I gotta say, once I read the names, I actually knew about 80% of the cast. It’s actually a really good cast for this kind of show. Can’t wait!

(And can Gary Busey have some sort of role in this season? I just love him on CA for some reason)

25. Babybop says:

This is the weirdest collection of people ever. I’m excited.

26. Fairy May says:

Donald Trump is a seriously terrible and horrible person. I’d call him what I really want to call him — it rhymes with fit — but I follow the rules here, so I won’t. That said, I refuse to continue to watch this show. Do i want to see Joan? Yes. Do I want to watch Kate Gosselin make more enemies? Sure. But I have drawn my line in the sand. This is a man who says stupid things that aren’t just erroneous, they’re not just lies, they’re dangerous. This is a man who has said in many tweets that we should basically leave Ebola patients to die off. Forget Americans that go to help with Ebola, because they made their choice, they knew what they were getting into, so let ’em crash (thank you “Airplane.”). He’s a despicable specimen of humanity, and so I’m out. Completely out. I hope you all are, too. Because if we watch, they’ll just continue supporting this man by giving him a show. I hope people will join me in taking this stand and saying no more to this horrible man.

27. I can’t wait to see what kind of rating that Celebrity Apprentice will get in 1/2015. Good luck to the newest apprentice because they will need it.

28. Jason says:

Just had a thought…maybe Kate Gosselin will win. Then she can join Trump, after all they are both slimy media hungry people…

29. suzyku says:

This show should be cancelled! Donald Trump should take his bad toupee and slink back under his rock! Why do people watch this stupidity?!!!!!!

30. queenbrat says:

I’ve watched all of these but to call many of the people “celebrities” is a big stretch. And reality tv stars, really?

31. Geo says:

Donald Trump, Kate Gosselin, and Gilbert Gottfried? Where did they film this, Abu Ghraib?

32. NP says:

Is the cast of this really news? They filmed this forever ago!

33. Morgan says:

Can’t decide which show has the least famous “celebrity” casting- this or DWTS…

34. JEF says:

Uh duh. :) (Rivers filmed her segments prior to her death in September.) This sounds like the trainiest of wrecks yet!

35. leprecaun says:

He really scraped the bottom of the barrel for some of these people….glad I don’t watch… the commercials alone will make me sick….

36. Eloise Minn says:

I’m only watching to hear him tell Kenya Moore that she is the worst/low life female he has EVER seen in his lifetime

37. SherryB says:

It was missing and I did NOT miss it. And I won’t watch it now. Does Trump own NBC? Is that why that stupid show is still on while others get cancelled. And Gosselin of all morons. Can’t she just go away and get a job somewhere? And Gottfried? Really, must be getting hard to find competitors. Just donate the money to charity and use it as a tax write off..

38. they filmed this show sometime in 2013 NBC has been holding on to it for a while

39. Caren says:

I won’t watch this “reality” show. Glory hounds all of them.

40. Rich says:

Wow what great celebs, The pick of the litter

41. wingsstef says:

Not sure I am going to watch, haven’t watched Apprentice in ages, but wouldn’t mind Johnny Damon winning.

42. Neil says:

Can’t stand this show. I want to see Birth Certificate. With this lineup is proof he’s hard up for stars to play this stupid show.

43. Krystle says:

I like the apprentice and I hope u bring more country singer like Tim McGraw or Tracy Atkins again or George straight thank u

44. virpal says:

aprentis karna hai

45. Tina says:

I’m interested in seeing how Shawn Johnson will come out in this. People only see her as quiet, shy and innocent. I hope she can compete against some of these people who are just born plain mean.

46. Sounds like a pretty boring season.

47. Char says:

Kate Gosselin, the mom we love to hate, could add some liveliness to the Apprentice, and I’m looking forward to seeing what Vivica Fox adds. I predict her to be one who will hang in for sometime.

48. Zelda says:

Kate Gosselin shade all day on Keisha.

• FrankI Apples says:

How True ! She’d Skated Again Twice Tonight ! Even The Other Females Don’t Like Her !. Jonas As Much As I Couldn’t Stand Him To ! Would’ve Won If He’d Brought Back That Zig / Fisher Guy Plus If He’d Put A Better Logo For That NEAT Co & A Cloud Symbol!/
      Kate Should Be Fired Next [Monday] Week I’m Hoping !. She Has 8 Kids & “Really” ‘No’ “Real” Skills Like Lezza & Shawna Said.!.

49. lyle says: