The CW Fall Finale Dates Revealed: Arrow, Supernatural, Flash and More

The CW Fall Finale Dates

The holidays are fast approaching, and you know what that means: It’s almost hiatus-time for your favorite shows.

For The CW’s eight scripted dramas, fall-finale fever kicks off in early-ish December. Specific dates are below. (Plan your holiday shopping accordingly.)

THE 100 | Wednesday, Dec. 17 at 9/8c

ARROW | Wednesday, Dec. 10 at 8/7c

THE FLASH | Tuesday, Dec. 9 at 8/7c

JANE THE VIRGIN | Monday, Dec. 15 at 9/8c

THE ORIGINALS | Monday, Dec. 8 at 8/7c

REIGN | Thursday, Dec. 11 at 9/8c

SUPERNATURAL | Tuesday. Dec. 9 at 9/8c

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES | Thursday, Dec. 11 at 8/7c

1. Avinash says:

It feels like these shows either just came back or started their first seasons, and now it’s already time for a break.

• ScrubsGuy says:

Is it like a Christmas break and they’ll be back at the beginning of January? Also, what happened to November sweeps?

• Ray says:

Invest in a high capacity DVR so you can have plenty to watch when your regulars go on hiatus. I haven’t even begun my CW viewing on any show aside from Arrow, so I have Reign, The Originals, The Flash, The 100 and possibly Jane the Virgin all waiting for me. Besides, I enjoy watching multiple installations of a show over a period of days rather than one episode per week for months.

• aunni says:

don’t bother with the oroginals cz its getting cofusing episode by episode …!!!

• Flick says:

No, it really isn’t. It’s actually getting better and better as time has gone on.

• sammantha says:

yeah apart from the cami/klaus thing which ruins both characters and the fact that its mirroring Claroline and klaus, – and the body swapping (viewers get attached to old cast members) i hope it isnt permanent, well with rebekah anyway.. its a pretty good show so far, just a few things that shouldnt really be there. Miles better than the vampire diaries though

• herman1959 says:

The Flash is the best!

• ... says:

The CW intentionally starts their fall later so they can reduce their number of repeats and avoid being crunched by the premieres of ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC. So I’d much rather have chunks of episodes airing together than another network thinking the “one on, two repeats, three on, two repeats” type of scheduling works in 2014.

2. Tran says:

One question that worries me: is the upcoming fourth season of Hart of Dixie going to be its last in light of Rachel Bilson’s real life pregnancy?

3. DF12398 says:

looks like theyre testing two of their lower rated shows (100 and JtV) by having them air their fall finale without a new episode of their lead ins.

4. Velocisexual says:

I assume the fall finale for Flash/Arrow will be the big crossover?

• a says:

No. The crossover is December 2-3. Both of their 8th episodes. The fall finale is the 9th ep. Arrow will have a week break before the crossover since flash is having theirs this week.

• BBussey says:

Arrow takes Thanksgiving week off to avoid the lower viewer base due to holiday travel. Thus the need for Flash to take a break this week (on Election Night) to keep the two series in sync for the crossover.

• TNCKAKAA says:

The fall finale of the flash is December 9 and arrow the 10th and the crossover is 2nd and 3rd.

5. Kay says:

So when will they come back mid January or in Feb.?

6. Netty says:

I have never watched a single episode of Supernatural, I hear its amazing. Is it worth it to start from season 1, coz that’s really a lot of binge watching required

• ninergrl6 says:

IMO the first 4 seasons are the best (been watching since day 1) so yes I recommend starting from the beginning. It’s worth it :)

• I highly recommend buying, borrowing or renting Season one on DVD/blueray; any legit streamed services (Netflix, Amazon and iTunes., etc) have stripped most or all of the fantastic, original classic rock out). And yes, start from the very beginning because almost every episode, whether great or weak has little tidbits that carry forward into later episodes. The season one finale still shocks me if I haven’t watched in awhile.

• Raz says:

It is very much so. Yeah, you need to binge watch.

• Kathy A says:

Buy, borrow, rent, or stream the entire series. I promise you, you won’t be sorry. This show has it all — good story-telling, great chemistry between the leads and also with the secondary characters, and fantastic characterization.
      I didn’t watch from the beginning (that was an extremely stressful time for me — in the space of three weeks, I lost my father to a massive heart attack, nearly lost my husband to complications from a ruptured appendix, and my mother was seriously ill as well — so I wasn’t paying all that much attention to the shows that premiered that season), but we rented season 1 recently on disk from Netflix, and before we’d even finished it, I’d ordered the other 9 from Amazon, then binge-watched. Do it — just do it. (And if you’re a fan of classic rock, the music alone is a little piece of nirvana.)

7. Phillip says:

What about ABC, FOX, NBC and CBS?

8. Yanez says:

The seasons for these shows started in Octber so they’re taking a break just two months after their premieres? Something is just not right about that.

9. Michael Pope says:

SUPERNATURAL is THE best tv-show ever ! ! !

10. i think that the arrow the jane is virgin show supernatural vampire diaries and beauty and the beast should come back

11. Andy says:

They should cancel Supernatural, it’s been going on for how many seasons?

12. Raz says:

Bums me that the break is here so fast. Here they just ‘cured’ Dean on Supernatural and Cas has some grace back. Can’t wait for the 200th episode .

13. Natasha says:

I hope they don’t cancel any shows because they’re all good shows. And just because some of you don’t watches half of these shows doesn’t mean others not watching it so stop complaining about what should be off.

14. tisanavarro says:

That remarks ABOUT john being crappie father. He wasn’t protecting HIS family BEST HE can’t .demons killed HIS wife left raising two boys did the best he could. Sam and DEAN they TURN OUT okay SO John raise THE boys GOOD .

15. trish says:

Supernatural….that show is just awesome! When I first saw previews for it in 2005…I was like LAME…then I threw my back out so was stuck on couch for 2 weeks, someone told me to give it a try…Supernatural….let’s just say I watched 8 and half seasons in 2 weeks….Hey my back was jacked up so it’s totally justified, watching that much. If you haven’t’ given supernatural a try just do it, after the first season they really get rolling. Someone told me to give arrow a try…how many season’s in is that one?

16. Wright says:

The 100, SPN and TO are the best!!!!

17. sharon says:

I just hate it when I can’t see supernatural again till the next season. Love it so much hate to wait.

18. aim_up01 says:

I ♡♡LOVE♡♡ Supernatural TVD the OG’S Reign The Flash and the best new CW, show Jane The Virgin. Hate this break!

19. jeremy wire says:

w.t.h. I love these shows

20. katie says:

thanks but i wanted whe it will be back on after it

21. Tanya says: