Once Upon a Time Recap: No Ordinary Family

ELIZABETH MITCHELL

This week on ABC’s Once Upon a Time, the Snow Queen’s “attachment” to Emma was revealed, while in flashback we discovered Belle’s connection to Anna’s disappearance.

IN THE FAIRYTALE LAND THAT WAS…. | We see that with the Ogre Wars heating up, during one attack Belle and her mother hid beneath a table, yet were quickly discovered. What happened next is a blur, since once Belle next wakes, her mother is dead and being memorialized. Belle’s father suggests her memory loss is for the best, but that’s not good enough for the plucky bookworm, who has read of creatures in Arendelle who can help her fill in the blanks. Meanwhile in Arendelle, Elsa welcomes Anna back from her trip to the Enchanted forest, but Anna keeps mum on what she learned about their parents’ journey. Anna is introduced to the aunt she never knew, Ingrid (aka the Snow Queen), and immediately senses something is fishy. Anna goes to seek out Pabbie, and along the way meets Belle at Oaken’s Trading Post & Sauna. Anna leads Belle to the rock trolls, and Pabbie turns Belle’s missing memories into a stone which she is to brew with tea and drink. Then in private with Anna, Pabbie shares that her mother Idun Gerta did have two sisters, Ingrid and Helga, but when they both tragically vanished, Pabbie erased the entire kingdom’s memories of them. Racing back to Arendelle to alert Elsa, Anna slips, and Belle is forced to choose between helping her or retrieving her dropped memory stone. Belle chooses the latter only to knock it over the cliff and see it shatter. And by the time she reaches for Anna, it’s too late — her new gal pal tumbles to the ground below, unconscious, where the Snow Queen finds her… and the sorcerer’s box she finagled from Rumple. Snow Queen vanishes with Anna, and all Belle can do is watch helplessly from high above.

Upon returning home, Belle’s father shares with her the truth about how her mother stood between her and the ogre, ultimately sacrificing her life as a hero. And with the Ogre War bearing down fast upon them, Belle aims to seek out the powerful wizard Anna told her about — Rumplestiltskin — regardless of what price is attached to his magic. Meanwhile, Anna is revealed to be held in a cage by Snow Queen, who plans to convince Elsa that her sister was to use the Sorcerer’s Hat on her. Snow Queen is mum on whatever happened to Helga, but says all she wants is a family that embraces her — and with Anna now “the odd woman out,” she’ll have to find someone to take her place!

IN STORYBROOKE…. | After Emma shows everyone the videotape of the Snow Queen as her foster mother, the gang spreads out across town to track down their adversary’s ice cream truck. (Along the way, Robin Hood confronts Regina about avoiding him. She admits that she has proven unable to find a fix for Marian — so his only hope may be to forget about Regina and fall back in love with his wife and do the True Love’s Kiss thing.) Once the truck is found, Emma discovers inside it files about her, dating back to when she first arrived in this realm as a newborn. Meanwhile at the library, Elsa frets that Anna doesn’t want to be found, that maybe the Snow Queen was right and Anna did trap her sis in the urn. Belle is obviously bothered by a secret she is keeping, so she goes to the pawn shop to compel Rumple to take her to the Snow Queen, using the fake dagger. Despite having just had a nasty,EMILIE DE RAVIN, ROBERT CARLYLE private run-in with the Snow Queen — during which she boasted of having “leverage” that he didn’t — Rumple plays along. Belle’s plan is to get the Sorcerer’s Hat from the Snow Queen (by, what, asking nicely?!) and then using it to force her to reveal Anna’s whereabouts.

Having “compelled” Rumple to stand guard, Belle enters the cave and uncovers the queen’s mirror, in the reflection of which she finds a feisty, taunting version of herself. Mean Belle reminds her kinder self of how she chose the memory stone over Anna and suggests that the Dark One only wed her because she’s easily manipulated. When Belle brings up the dagger, Mean Belle laughs and laughs: “You believe that’s real?” When Rumple runs inside to warn Belle of the Snow Queen nearing, Belle lashes out, nicking him with the dagger. Rumple whisks them to his shop, where Belle admits that she is the reason Anna is missing. She laments using the dagger on her true love, and questions her worthiness to be his wife. After Rumple soothes Belle, he confronts the Snow Queen, warning her not to act against anyone he cares about. Oh, and by the way, Dearie, he does have leverage — in the form of the Sorcerer’s Hat.

Back at the sheriff’s office, Elsa reveals her family heraldry, which shows the Snow Queen aka Inrgid to be her aunt — while the third “missing” sister is a ringer for Emma. What’s more, the Runic scrolls they found reveal a prophecy, that the Savior/Emma shall become Ingrid’s sister. Belle then runs in to ‘fess up about her role in the Snow Queen’s abduction of Anna, then relays critical intel on the ice cave mirror: how it will turn everyone in Storybrooke against each other, leaving only the Snow Queen and her new family — Elsa and Emma — standing!

NOTABLE QUOTABLES | “It’s bad enough I’m stuck with you and Captain Guyliner making eyes at each other”…. “Believe it or not, I was once a child.” “Yeah, like a million years ago.” “It was more like 200″…. “Spend a little more time in this town, love, and you’ll realize just about everyone is related.”

What did you think of the episode “Family Business”?

1. ab says:

This just got interesting.

• iMember says:

I’ve been enjoying this season, but it just got eye roll worthy with how it’s trying so hard to make people related even when they are not. At all.

• My mind is too boggled by how illogical things have gotten in this episode to be interested in anything in the next episode.

• Wow says:

Very well said. I love this show but I admit that it was lagging a bit. The previews for next episode has me on edge. I did love the beginning of this episode though. It seemed like a family affair. I wonder if Rumple cares about his entire family, Regina included. I think that I will start shipping for Outlaw Queen, though I wish that Robin Hood would be a more courageous man, no woman wants someone who is not truly in love with them. It’s beyond unfair. Loved Hooks comment about the relation. I want to see more with Emma and her parents.

• Daisy says:

I am team Rumbelle.!! :) <3
        I would have liked to see more of them. the last time I saw them two together happy was the First episode.
        But I like this episode.

2. Bianca says:

I love OUAT, but struggling with it this season. I guess I just am not invested in all this Frozen. I did enjoy them giving Belle a centric, it was about time for her to have more of a story now! Definitely didn’t like how little time Regina had, and hoping the “forget me” isn’t foreshadowing memory loss, because a much I believe Robin & Regina will be together again soon – I am so over the memory loss story, it’s way too repetitive.

• Cobra says:

I love the evolution of Regina. The Regina of Season 1, even of Season 3, would never have made such a selfless comment as telling Robin to forget about her to save Marian.

• Bianca says:

Oh I definitely agree. Major character development for sure.

I am just hoping they take a different route and don’t actually go through with memory potion or something, because it’s dipping in the use every freaking day category it seems hahaha.

• There has definitely been development but I saw that comment as more as frustration from her own power’s limits.

3. Nicole says:

Regina jealous of Hook making eyes at Emma because her and Emma have only been doing that for 3+ seasons. Captain guyliner… and this one of the many reasons Regina is 10 times better than Hook. Ha!

• Duke says:

I have never understood the desperation to find a romantic subtext there. Show runners are never so subtle — if it was a thing, the characters would have talked about it, and there would have been blatant acting on it by the second or third season.

• Michele says:

Numerous shows in the history of television have negated this when it comes to same sex subtext. The most famous of which being the final word that came down about Xena Warrior Princess. There is also a very interesting interview that some tv writers have done (Jane Espenson among them) about how show runners/writers are forced to write to subtext cause corporate American TV wants to play things like that safe ignored to gain the least amount of controversy

• Wow says:

Thank you. Plus aren’t Regina and Emma as closed to actual family as you could get? I wouldn’t be surprised if Regina and Snow White were actally related. What would Regina and Emma be if they pursued ? Step-grandmother and step-granddaughter/wives/ whatever? I don’t see any sexual tension, just rivalry. Swanqueens are nutso.

• Nicole says:

If you want to throw out Regina being “related” to Emma, than how about we talk about Bae’s stepfather trying to get in Emma’s pants? Everyone is almost related on this show if you squint sideways, so let’s not go there. And I don’t go around insulting Captain Swan so perhaps the personal insults being thrown at SwanQueen should be left at home. Just because we are capable of looking deeper than a surface relationship by seeing subtext and parallels between characters like last week’s Lily and Emma and Lily and Regina (and don’t tell me that you didn’t see something going on there because even a blind person could see it) doesn’t mean we are nuts. It just means we look a little deeper than the little superficial relationships that are currently canon.

• Wow says:

Um, calm down! My opinion and I’m sticking by it. Bae’s stepfather? They weren’t married, just simply shagging. We don’t see the same thing and that’s fine. Move on!

• Jessi says:

I’m straight and I definitely see the chemistry! My boyfriend calls them the “power lesbian couple.” Hehe. It’s funny how everyone who watches this show sees everything completely differently! It sounds like some people think Regina is always jealous of Emma’s boyfriends because she’s mad Emma has a guy and she doesn’t. But to me the way she says it never really comes out like that. It’s usually more like she’s annoyed with the actual men instead of Emma. Like tonight, “Captain Guyliner” how priceless! Regina hon, we know you don’t approve of him, you’ve made that abundantly clear. She probably still never forgave him for leaving her to be tortured by that creepy dude in season 2 or 3 or whenever that was. I don’t blame her, I can’t even watch that scene again, it was a little too much for me :(

But I guess seeing the chemistry between Emma and Regina is just one of those “in the eye of the beholder” things. I always thought it was way way obvious (especially after last week’s episode! like wow gaaay!!) and me and my bf joke about it all the time…but then I looked online and saw people actually getting offended over everyone noticing it…and it just seems strange! Like why would people even be offended? I guess if you really like Hook and Robin Hood then you might take it personally or something. But I love Robin Hood (not really Hook) but I still think it would be neat if Regina eventually ended up with Emma, since it doesn’t seem like Robin will work out :(

Oh and to the person saying Emma and Regina shouldn’t be together because of the family connection…the way I look at it is, if Emma is really the person who can make Regina the happiest…then it makes NO sense to deny Regina the right to be with someone who’s great for her simply because she was forced to marry a shady old king a long time ago, someone she NEVER would’ve ended up with if her fiance hadn’t been MURDERED in front of her eyes. Regina’s whole life has been one big manipulation after another, manipulated into that sham of a marriage by her mother and manipulated into the curse by Rumple…and of course Regina has done terrible, terrible things, she’s a villain, everyone knows that…but this story is about her redemption. That’s why I watch. That’s why a lot of us watch. So to just write her off and to say she CAN’T be with someone who’s a great match for her, simply because that person descended from a man she was forced to marry in yet another moment of cruel manipulation…well that just seems insane. This show is supposed to be about happy endings and hope and second chances. Snow accidentally helped take away Regina’s first love, so it would be pretty poetic if she ended up bringing Regina’s true love into the world. Wow, okay yes I see why people want them together! Haha I just realized how epic that would be! Hopefully the show isn’t too chicken to do something like this, they would be missing out on a really beautiful story :)

• Wow says:

I just don’t see it. I see potential best friends/ frenemies/rivals. Last week as well, I just didn’t see it. All I saw was a woman trying to do the right and continously getting the wrong end of the stick. She had the same attitude towards Snow and Charming, someone with their true love while she has nothing.

• abz says:

“It sounds like some people think Regina is always jealous of Emma’s boyfriends because she’s mad Emma has a guy and she doesn’t.”
            That’s pretty much a MAJOR part of Regina’s history (both past AND present). She’s almost always the one getting the short end of the stick. Her hatred for Snow started with Snow’s betrayal from when she was a child, however, I also saw it as fuelled by Snow’s finding love with Charming and being happy and married and having a baby. Snow/Charming disgusted and angered her because seeing them happy was a reminder of what she no longer had and she wanted vengeance. Her guyliner insult was basically her usual sassy self and she made similar remarks about Charming in the past. By your logic, it’d be saying she hated and insulted Charming because she wanted to be with Snow, but now she moved on to Emma. I don’t think that makes sense.
            I don’t think it has anything to do with orientation when preferring or dismissing the pairing. It has to do with what is presented on screen. There is no denying that there is chemistry between JMo and Lana and the characters, The two characters are connected, have many similarities and the actors play really well off each other, but I just personally don’t see it as sexual or romantic in nature. There’s never been any real indication of that in three seasons. It’s primarily been rivalry as well as working toward the possibility of a blooming friendship, mentor/mentee relationship (with the magic) and figuring out how to co-parent a young 14-year old boy.

• Nicole says:

Thank you for stating your opinion in a wel thought out manner while being respectful of other people’s views. I don’t mind a good debate, but people tend to disregard other’s views by calling them stupid or nuts. So thank you for that.

• Wow says:

I really don’t see it with Emma and Regina. I took it to meant that she wished Robin looked at her that way.

• abz says:

There is nothing romantic there. Her comment about him making eyes at Emma were clearly out of sadness and jealousy that Emma gets to have romance and be happy with someone while Regina is emotionally suffering because of Emma bringing Marian back which forced Robin to leave her. I agree with @Duke. It’s one thing to enjoy the fan fiction, but it makes no sense to keep trying to see something in the actual show that isn’t there.

• MS says:

Probably because Robin IS Hook. Or at least in part he is. I think they share the same heart. Not sure if Robin(Hook’s) love for Regina is genuine or just a part of a bigger plan. What I am sure of though is the Emma we are seeing on screen is NOT Emma. The real Emma is frozen and Regina has her heart.

• Pearl says:

There is nothing romantic or sexual between Regina and Emma, and there never will be.

4. Cobra says:

This season has been on fire. There’s a much larger complexity this season that’s leaving me really wondering what the Snow Queen’s plan is. Now that her goal seems to be revealed, her plan is going to start coming to the forefront, so I’m really anxious to see what road they take.

5. abz says:

I went into this episode ready to be disappointed since it was Belle-centric and she’s one of the most dull characters on the show most of the time and I have no interest in Rumbelle. Surprisingly though, I didn’t find it that bad. Downside though, she once again falls for Rumple’s lies.
    I was so happy for a minute that I thought someone finally had something against Rumple and the SnowQueen is a cold-blooded badass (one of my fave villains on the show), but once again Rumple always has the upper hand. It kind of gets tiring. I just wanna see him squirm once in a while.
    This might be a crazy theory, but what if the third sister Helga is Maleficent. We don’t know much about Helga other than that she maybe looks a bit like Emma (but Maleficent is also a blonde on this show) and she could have just vanished and changed her name and I think I recall A&E saying that there will be clues throughout the first half regarding what might happen with the second half and since Maleficent is returning in some form it could be possible. Although Maleficent doesn’t have ice magic so I’m probably wrong. Anyway can’t wait for more SnowQueen backstory.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Right, but Gerta fka Idun didn’t have ice magic either. And Ingrid was cool with Anna completing the trio, until she got all heroic.

• abz says:

That’s true. Forgot about that. I don’t know I just keep wondering how they plan on bringing back Maleficent and when I saw that there was a third sister, the possible connection instantly popped into my head. Just have to wait and see. :)

6. Dean says:

So Frosty the Snow Queen wants to whipe out Storybrookeinstorybrooke just so she can have a family consisting of her Elsa and Emma? Wow too bad they don’t have psych evaluations in Arendelle.

7. Emily says:

Ok, I saw the Snow Queen as Emma’s foster mom thing coming, I saw the evil mirror coming (from the original Snow Queen story), but I DEFINITELY didn’t see the sister thing coming

8. Robert says:

So are they now saying that Snow and Emma may be related to the Snow Queen and the sisters? I have no issue if they turn out to be related but I have a feeling the show is going to need to start releasing family bibles, that help people to trace family histories and relations before some of the fans heads start to explode,lol. When you basically look at things in the real world, we are all related genetically then people would care to.admit, so it is not impossible for me to see some sort of similarity being done on the show.

9. Robert says:

I do have to say I will be sad when the Snow Queen storyline is over because she has been the best villain they have had on the show since Regina. The Snow Queen is obviously coming from a place of pain and loneliness for love and. Family it is hard to hate someone who so damaged but unfortunately has gone about finding her answers to her problemse the wrong way. I wish there was some way they can keep Elizabeth on the show.

10. wrstlgirl says:

I think I’ll stick to reading the recaps for awhile. I’m not finding this season enjoyable at all.

11. Everyone on this show is a filthy liar lol, and that scene where Belle chooses between Anna and the stone was so groan worthy and contrived.

12. laurelnev says:

So now, Emma is not only the Savior, but she’s some prophesied reincarnation of one of The Snow Queen’s Norse relatives? And she somehow escaped SQ’s foster clutches earlier, so now SQ is going to wipe out everything Emma loves to get her back? Can’t WAIT until Emma regains her memories. How come I think it will involve a certain troll…

13. donnamama says:

And I thought the third sister might have been Belle’s mom.

• donnamama says:

A bit confusing. Sounds crazy and a bit farfetched

• Jmhinvt says:

There has to be more to Belle’s mom. Frances O’Connor is a pretty big get and I don’t know why they would have her for one scene in one episode. I don’t know if she’ll be the third sister, or if Belle’s father was lying about her dying, but there has to be a larger story there.

• gdv says:

I was thinking the same thing. I didn’t know Frances O’Connor was guest starring in this ep and was delighted when she was onscreen. She’s a superb actress. (Unfortunately, it made Emilie de Ravin’s acting skills look subpar.) I do hope we see more of her in future eps.

• oncers says:

The third sister is Sally Pressman

14. Rita says:

This season has been fantastic! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Love the Captain Guy liner quip. Hilarious! Poor Regina, her time with Robin is coming! Also thought this episode was awesome. I can hardly wait till Sunday!

15. Davey Elmer says:

I haven’t seen the episode yet, but it sounds to me like people have completely missed the point when it comes to this whole “The Savior will be Ingrid’s sister” thing. As Matt pointed out already, it’s not meant to make Emma LITERALLY Ingrid’s sister; it’s meant to indicate that someone prophesied that Emma would form one-third of Ingrid’s new ‘family’…. nothing more and nothing less.

16. Still agree with older comments that Snow Queen’s “evil master plan” is pretty yawn-worthy and snooze-inducing. Villains who are evil just because they’re batsh*t crazy are NOT that interesting.

17. DarkDefender says:

Still not a fan of all this Frozen stuff.. But I have enjoyed the pacing of the episodes so far. I feel like the Knave is just scenery.. I hope he ties into the story.. Or maybe on the back half with Malificent.

• Isobel says:

Agree I hope they write in the Knave better, maybe when Malificent and the fact he stole the mirror from her comes up, because I don’t think he and Robin Hood have talked about that yet.

18. ninergrl6 says:

Kind of a boring ep until the end with the reveal of the Emma-replacing-the-missing-sister angle. That’s an interesting twist. We’ve got to find out about the REAL missing sister at some point, right?

It’s totally out of character for Belle to withhold such VITAL information about Anna & the Snow Queen for so long. Why not tell the truth 4 episodes ago? For that matter, why didn’t Belle’s dad tell her the truth about her mom’s death in the first place & save her the trouble of her journey? It’s not like it was BAD; she died protecting her daughter. Maybe the moral of the ep is don’t keep secrets? I don’t know, it just seemed like a lot of lying for absolutely no reason.

I like evil mirror Belle MUCH more than real whiny Belle.

19. ninergrl6 says:

Forgot to put this in my previous post… Once again, Regina & Hook get the best lines (I loved his quip about blondes at the end in addition to the other zingers mentioned above). Honestly, their sassy one-liners were the highlight of this ep for me. What does that say when the snarky off-handed comments that have no bearing on the plot are more entertaining than the plot itself?

20. Pat says:

I have to say, that I have been a fan of this show from the very beginning but I am not to happy with this “Frozen” theme, whatsoever. I will continue to watch but I really hope that they wrap this up sooner rather then later.

21. crazymuch says:

Another boring episode.

22. Bella says:

I almost feel bad saying I didn’t like it because it was a Belle episode and Belle deserved one because she’s often neglected. But still. I didn’t like it. Like a few others who already commented on it I’m disasppointed with the Snow Queen’s motivation and I just can’t get invested in that whole Snow Queen/Frozen theme they’ve got going on and keep pushing on us so much.
    I miss the variety in the flashbacks, I’ve grown tired of them always being Frozen with the the atual OUAT main characters mostly supporting that story. I’m frustrated that what they introduced as “the land without magic” in s1 is now a land full of magic and I have so little interest in Emma’s backstory when it’s all about fitting the Snow Queen and magic into that. I’m disappointed that six episodes into the new season the show is all about the “sisters” theme with Frozen, but Zelena who was Regina’s sister and who was murdered hasn’t even gotten a single mention, let alone a hint that the show is not going to let it slide that Rumple killed her. Yeah. I walked away from this episode feeling very frustrated with Once Upon a Time this season. And going only by the promo I don’t think I will feel better about it next week.

23. exs113030 says:

So, how long until we meet the long lost third sister? And I’m guessing there is a 98% chance it’s someone we’ve met before? This could be really interesting!!

• oncers says:

the thirds sister helga is being portrayed by Sally Pressman…. whether she is still alive or not that is still to be seen!

24. wendie says:

Anyone else get an “Emerald City guard vibe” from the shop keeper?

It would make sense if Emma is a relative of this crazy family, after all, who would name their kid Snow? Snow could be the niece of the Snow Queen, and daughter/grand daughter of Gerta, depending on how they choose to cross time lines. Explains where the magic passed down thru the family line as neither David or Snow seem to have any.

• ninergrl6 says:

I thought of the “Snow” name connection too. The way so many characters on this show are connected (as Hook humorously pointed out), it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Snow (and therefore Emma) was actually biologically related to Ingrid.

25. Lies says:

I do like the frozen arc, but i can’t wait for the second half of the season, bummer that it takes so long and will come back in april or something.. wish all those tv shows didn’t had so many breaks and for soooo long pff. But it was great to learn more about belle! I just want to know what the knave is doing back in storybrooke, and we really see not enough of snow, regina, robin, henry, charming and rumple, they should work on that more.

26. Dominique says:

my god this was a terrible episode, with so many cringe-worthy moments and lines. i sure hope the next few episodes will get better, because this is just not worth my time.

• RichCD says:

I agree – what a convoluted mess. And I thought the Peter Pan thing was bad. But at least you could follow it. Shoehorning the OUAT characters into Frozen, and the back and forth time jumps, has been a disaster. The writers need to jettison all but the main cast and start telling stories that are true to character and make sense.

27. Bobby says:

This season has SUCKED so far. I’m over the FROZEN storyline and about to quit the show.

28. Tee says:

Is no one in this town the same size as Elsa, so she can stop wearing her princess gown?

29. I’m glad we finally know the Snow Queens plan.However it’s a little weird -she wants to replace her dead/lost sisters with Elsa and Emma cause they’re blond,pretty & have magic?Lol at ” everyone in this towns related”& “captain Guyiliner” comments, they were as priceless as Snow Queens” I’m gonna build a snowman ” line a couple episodes ago.Loving the Frozen arc,Georgina and Elizabeth were perfectly cast.If Snow Queen just wants a family to love her,why not trying being nice to her nieces,the family she has?

30. I am impressed with the subtlety of the SnowQueen being just as self absorbed as Cora in seeking what she wants no matter the damage inflicted on innocents in the process. Her evilness is not an in your face one but her end game is just as deadly.

31. Kay says:

Loved this episode so much. Finally the spotlight on Belle and it was soo soo worth it.
    Belle’s development was so fulfilling and now I can see why her and Rumple are TL. and why I ship RUmbelle harder than ever. The paralleling of Rumple’s actions of letting Bae fall through the portal and his instant regret to Belle’s with the memory stone and Anna was perfection.

Belle questioning her heroism with the mirror and her relationship w/ Rumple was great. showing her insecurities. Rumple’s self loathing and insecurities are 100 times worse so the mirror has no effect on him.

BUt his rescue of her, and helping her cope with her guilt, but his guilt and remorse weighing even heavier on him. I can’t wait for the truth to come out. Addiction, his dealing with Bae’s death, the resurrection, his being captive by Zelena, This man is going to break and how it all happens will determine if Belle stays with him or not.

I found it curious that Belle doesn’t see herself as a hero and made that remark that a true hero helps strangers. Was that indicating that the only true heroes on the show are her, CHarming , Emma ,and Snow? Because i can buy that.

This really moved the story forward, especially for Rumbelle. I can;t wait to see what happens next.

32. Catherine says:

Absolutely LOVED this episode! :) It was fantastic to see Belle screw up and try to fix it. The writers did a good job of showing why she is a good match for Rumple. They really are very much alike. Plus, we got to see some of Rumple’s remorse, even if Belle didn’t. He keeps digging that hole deeper and I love him for it. :D

I do hope we get more of Belle in the future. Moe’s story wasn’t very satisfying and I think he’s withholding something. Her memory loss wasn’t fully explained.

33. sararnoldi says:

I like Belle character but her script somehow makes her disappear even when it’s Belle-centric episode.

34. Jess says:

Anyone else think it’s a bit funny that the Snow Queen is doing all of these sinister things to everyone to get a…family? Not for instance, revenge or power like past villains? Perhaps that makes her even more crazy…that she would go to these lengths and think that it’s going to get her a family. I loved that opening scene with all our fave characters working together. It’s getting interesting, but I’m getting a little bored with Anna’s storyline. Hopefully that picks up!

• abz says:

I think there is a lot of humanity to her plan, but of course it’s definitely crazy and misguided. Almost everyone wants to be loved and accepted for who they are and have a family that loves them. Though why she wants to exist in a world with only two other people, well that’s all in her twisted head.