The Good Wife First Look: Alicia and Peter, K-I-S-S-I-N-G?

TBD- 609

When last we saw The Good Wife‘s Alicia and Peter Florrick, they were engaged in a scathing, no-holds-barred argument in a service hallway of a Chicago hotel. (OK, yes, the Illinois governor eventually caved in and showed up at his wife’s campaign kickoff for State’s Attorney, but it wasn’t exactly the Portrait of a Blissful Political Marriage.)

In the following first-look images from the show’s Nov. 16 episode (9/8c on CBS), however, temperatures look decidedly warmer — at least while the cameras are rolling, anyway. There’s laughter, a smooch and… a campaign manager (Steven Pasquale) to keep things running smoothly. But Saint Alicia doesn’t exactly look thrilled as Peter’s old pal Ramona Lytton (Connie Nielsen) shows up and whispers something in his ear.

CBS’ official description for Episode 9 — which is still awaiting an official title — reads as follows: “Alicia faces a crisis of conscience when she’s encouraged to go negative in her campaign for State’s Attorney. Meanwhile, the Feds try to persuade Cary to work with them as they attempt to build a case against Lemond Bishop.” Pics of David Hyde Pierce’s legal commentator Frank Prady are in the mix, too.

We’ve also got images from Episode 8 (Nov. 9) in which Alicia appears to be volunteering at a soup kitchen — alongside Finn Polmar? — and scrubbing pots and pans while rocking a designer suit.

That episode is described as follows: “Alicia takes on a college rape case which pits her against Louis Canning when it moves from a university hearing to civil court. Meanwhile, Eli and Elfman conduct a political focus group as Alicia dives into her campaign for State’s Attorney.”

Click through the gallery below for a tease of what November holds in store for The Good Wife — then sound off in the comments with your thoughts!

1. Gigi says:

I need Alicia and Finn to happen… they got great chemistry!

• Stevie says:

i don’t feel it at all.

• Jose says:

I feel nothing for Alicia and Finn TBH….. she either ends up alone or she gets back together with Peter at the end (Isnt Finn married anyway?)

• Amie says:

I liked her with Finn until he started prosecuting (persecuting?) Cary. Then I felt his ethics were just as skeevy as everybody else on the show.

• Lizo says:

He was doing his job. And doing it well. I think its a testament to his character that he’s able to go after people he likes because it’s the law. And really, focusing on Cary is, while ethically murky, a somewhat ingenious method for bringing down a larger fish.

• Pam says:

He’s doing with Cary the same thing he did with Jeffrey Grant. And we know how things baddly ended in tha case. He’s doing his job but in a way I despise not giving absolutely a damn if he’s doing the right thing. He’s sure. No doubts.. But that’s not the problem. The problem is that I find the character boring and I couldn’t care less about him and Alicia flirting. Also no matter if he’s doing his job I would never be able to flirt with someone who’s trying to put a friend in jail for 15 ys and more so I have serious issues with Alicia being flirty with him RIGHT NOW.

• Lizo says:

Totally agree! I love the subdued feel they given it. Like they’re drawn to each other but haven’t really focused on what it means. I love their flirting and just the sexiness of their whole dynamic. I need it to happen too.

2. Lizo says:

Friggen loving this season!!!

3. Tracy says:

Without Will and Alicia the show isn’t worth watching!

4. Ella says:

I still love Alicia and Peter together, despite all their ups and downs. I feel his character unfairly regressed last season after 3 years of growth. If Alicia is bothered by other women in Peter’s life, that suggests her feelings for him are very much alive and kicking. I hope they end up together eventually.