Exclusive

Meet CBS' Supergirl (and Her Sister), Get Scoop on Kara's Big Entrance

Supergirl Series Casting

Casting is now underway — courtesy of the same folks who populated Arrow and The Flash — for CBS’ Supergirl series, and TVLine has details on exactly what (and who) the DC Comics-based drama is looking for in two of its lead roles.

For Kara Zor-El aka Kara Danvers, the show is eyeing Caucasian females, age 22 to 26, to play 24. As the series’ mythology goes, Kara at age 12 was sent from her dying home planet of Krypton to Earth, where she was taken in by the Danvers, a foster family who taught her to be careful with her extraordinary powers. After repressing said skills for more than a decade, Kara is forced to bust out her super moves in public during an unexpected disaster. Energized by her heroism for the first time in her life, she begins embracing her abilities in the name of helping the people of her city, earning herself a super moniker along the way.

The other lead role currently being cast is that of 26-year-old Alexandra “Alex” Danvers, Kara’s gorgeous, brilliant, science-minded foster sister. Growing up, Alex was partly jealous of her sibling yet also fascinated by her abilities, prompting Alex to learn as much as she could about alien anthropology, sociology and culture. Today, Alex works for a secret government organization and, alongside her heroic sis, will face many challenges, both mundane and super.

The Supergirl pilot was penned by Ali Adler (No Ordinary Family) and Greg Berlanti (Arrow), both of whom will exec-produce alongside Sarah Schechter (of Berlanti Productions) and Warner Bros. TV.

Do that super thing you do and share your latest thoughts on casting in the Comments below!

1. M says:

Why does this sound almost identical to Smallville?

• Russ says:

Becuase Supergirl is a derivative character.

• pamill says:

I think it depends on the interpretation. Emily Vancamp for Kara and Alexis Bledel for Alex ? Netflix reminded me that I want Bledel back on TV and there is absolutely no way Revenge gets a fifth season so they may as well just announce that this is the last one and let the cast accept offers for next season.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

EVC is already part of the Marvel movie franchise; never gonna happen.

• Ned says:

Because Ben Affleck, Ryan Reynolds, Halle Berry, Djimon Hounsou, Donal Logue, and Michael Clarke Duncan aren’t all involved in both Marvel and DC properties.

• cdhaskell says:

The writer who is now developed the Supergirl series sound like they work Smallsville for tenth years. I just hope that they will remember that they are creating another super heroes series.

• I still hope that it won’t become Smallville’s rip-off and where the Danvers sister become enemies like Clark Kent and Lex Luther.

• cdhaskell says:

It sound like Supergirl the series will be ripoff Smallville series. I can’t wait to meet the actress who will play Alexandria Danvers. I could be wrong but it look like Metropolis Kansas will become Supergirl hometown.

2. Missy Kelly says:

So, in this mythology, Supergirl was older than Superman when she got sent to earth. Or, is her superpower not aging as fast as other people from her planet, an ability that Clark Kent/Superman apparently doesn’t have.

Not buying into the premise. It’s looking too “juvenile” at the get go.

Arrow works because he’s an adult dealing with adult situations; Flash works because after the darkness of Arrow, they’ve injected some humor. Gotham is soooooo dark that I have to restrain myself from hitting fast forward.

• Supergirl has often been older than Superman when they were both on Krypton.

• Well technically she has always been older than Superman. It just happen to be when her ship arrived on Earth she was in stasis for several years well into Supeman’s career as a costumed hero. Hence sh was only a teenage when he met her.

• ? says:

Supergirl is pretty much always Superman’s older cousin, her ship just got to Earth later than his and so now she’s younger than he. Although I don’t much like this pilot premise either.

• Dude says:

Pretty sure she was older than him on Smallville.

• Just to reiterate, Kara is older than Kal. In the usual comic book storylines though, his ship crashes into Earth straight from Krypton while her’s gets delayed for a while. When she finally lands on Earth herself, she finds her baby cousin all grown up. I believe in the New 52 at least, Kara was sidetracked because her escape pod spent all of those years rotating around the sun.

As a result, (in New 52 at least) the she’s supercharged and a lot stronger than her cousin. Which is really the only advantage she has over him at that point because he actually got to grow up and knows more about their new culture than she does.

• drhenning says:

I guess I am old school and wondered why they couldn’t have just left her backstory the same as when I was a kid reading DC comics ( $.10 back then!!)…

3. Jake says:

I was hoping they weren’t going with a “Caucasian” but alas they are. Sigh. I was hoping for a “Dean Cain” type casting. Oh well.

• D. says:

I’m glad they are sticking with a Caucasian as the character is Caucasian, I’m sick of all the racist blackwashing of comicbook characters

This is in reference not only to this comment but an article I read the other day complaining about the whitewashing o certain characters on Arrow, like Ra’ al Ghul and the villain Brick. I pointed out how hypocritical it was to complain about this while praising the race changing of white characters, both acts are racist. I’m not against a more diverse super hero universe, just create them or build up the existing ones and stop being racist and lazy

• Russ says:

We GET IT. You’re a racist. Move on.

• D. says:

how am I a racist? I’m just making a point. People seem to be okay with changing a White Character into a different ethnicity but get angry if the Race of i.e. black character is changed to white, it’s a racist double standard and should be called out. personally I’m against ALL racism not selective like most people, I think Creators in the entertainment industry should invest the effort to make new diverse characters and just take the easy racist path of race changing, Russ you seem pretty racist to me or maybe just ignorant in your out look

• Russ says:

You’re adorable. I always find it precious when people like you think you can hide behind “BUT THIS IS THE WAY IT IS! I’M NOT RACIST I JUST RESPECT THE SOURCE MATERIAL!” Like nobody sees the foam frothing at your mouth when you use a word like “blackwashing.”

• D. says:

thank you for proving my point, the ONLY reason I used the term Blackwashing is because of the more commonly used and accepted term Whitewashing, you have proven my point about the double standard and inequality people use when discussing racism. you’re all upset about the use of that term but not in the term whitewashing used in the same post.

• JFleece says:

I can see why you think there’s a double standard here, but there isn’t. It’s about representation.

There are far more white characters in superhero fiction than characters of color. So when a traditionally white character’s ethnicity is changed, either in the comics (Wally West, for example) or in adaptation to other media (Iris on Flash, Dean Cain as Superman, Jason Momoa as Aquaman), then it’s adding diversity and making the world these characters inhabit more like the real world. When a character of color is whitewashed, on the other hand, like Ra’s al Ghul, it reduces diversity and representation.

That is why it’s acceptable in one direction and not in the other. Make sense?

• D. says:

Jfleece, I agree with you for the most part, I agree 100% on you with diversity there need to be more characters to represent other ethnic backgrounds but don’t race change, create new and interesting characters like Static Shock for example or Miles Morales (although I would prefer him to have his own unique Super Hero identity) Miles was for the most part done right, they didn’t change Peter Parkers race they made new character with his own story and cast. Race changing for the sake of diversity is really REALLY lazy. Val Zod is another example although I would have liked him to become Icon so that he was unique

• JFleece says:

Except that doesn’t sell comics. How many different series has Static had? And how many issues before they were cancelled? Same issue with War Machine/Iron Patriot. Or Steel. Or Voodoo. Etc etc etc.

Miles Morales and Kamala Khan are only doing well because they’re legacy characters.

And why SHOULDN’T Deena Pilgrim be played by a black woman? Or Superman by a half-Japanese man? Or Aquaman by a Pacific Islander? What about those characters is specifically defined by their whiteness? Nothing. They were written as white because that was the default.

On the other hand, T’Challa, Miles Morales, Kamala Khan, Ra’s al Ghul, Simon Baz, Ororo Munroe, Al Simmons, Luke Cage, Cisco Ramon, etcetera—those are characters who actually are defined in part by their ethnic background and culture.

• Bill says:

You’re not, imagine people like Russ’ reaction if Luke Cage were made white.

• Summer says:

It’s a “racist double standard” because there are more Caucasian/white lead characters and supporting characters on tv than there are those of other races, you halfwit.

• MCO says:

Can we talk about the fact that blackwashing also meant for the studio making a NORSE GOD black ? It doesn’t make sense at all, and yet, everyone applaud it. But Jane stayed white, while her ethnicity didn’t matter at all. (but hey, she was one of the lead character, couldn’t have her black, right ?)
            Or Johnny Storm black while his sister stay white. Why both aren’t black ? That doesn’t make sense either, unless one is adopted.
            They don’t do it for diverstiy, they do it just so, they can say they aren’t racists. To have a pat in the back. But there’s no real conviction behind it.
            I’d rather have characters as they were written than this that is more tokenism than diversity.

• Jaylee Gammons - Zoroel says:

Speaking as the REAL Kara Lee Zoroel ( not Zor-EL btw) … The blonde haired blue-eyed brat of Krypton… Aka SuperGirl… ( being that I , Kara, actually exist ) I would be pissed if anyone ever tried to change my skin color ( I’m not saying race… Cuz technically I’m not of the human race at all )👽.

That right SuperFans… The Legend is based on fact! Krypton DID exist a long time ago… But true to the Story it did explode many many years ago!

Kal-El… Aka SuperMan but Kal to me… Is also real. But he is not my cousin… In actuality he is my BiGBrotha. His Kryptonian name is Kal-El Cory Zoroel and he’s 2 years older than me. But Kal did not make it off Krypton, instead he gave his lyf for me making sure that I made it off our doomed planet. In fact I came to Earth with only one other Kryptonian… Oliver Queen ( Queen is not actually his last name… He does not want me to make his real last name known publically for obvious reasons) Olly and I are SoulMates! Olly and Kal were best friends… We all grew up together in Kandor and eventually Oliver n I fell in love… Much to My BigBrothas dismay. In fact Kal was pissed at first and punched Olly in the face when he found out. I AM his BabySista after all! The Queen part of Oliver’s name actually comes from me, everyone called me “Oliver’s Queen” and the name kinda stuck.

Now to set My Story straight… We did not come here in spaceships… We came thru a portal (wormhole). We arrived instantly on Earth… A place called Happy Harbor… I kno it’s in Rhode Island, I’m just not sure where. Kal had to stay behind to close the portal… Olly & I made it off with just minutes to spare! His last words to me were “Live for me too BabyGirl… Live for me too” then he kissed my forehead and entrusted me into Ollys care n protection. Besides Olly… I lost everyone I loved that fateful day under the Red Sun Rao.

There’s a lot more to the story but it’s too long to post here. I kno most of u will just think I’m crazy… But the events that are coming to mankind in the very near future will prove to the world that we are who we say we are. The Last Son & Daughter of Krypton!

I just Hope that my new planet (Earth) will not share the same Fate as my Home Planet!🌍

• J.B. says:

All I’d want to know is how they would explain that she wasn’t Caucasian like Superman, her biological cousin. They could do it with Power Girl since she is an alternate universe version of Supergirl but with Kara it really would be strange.

• Elf says:

Did you consider that reason that all of the major characters are white is because there’s no way they could’ve sold a minority character at the time they were created? At best they’d be a sidekick, and even then they’d be a caricature, not a character, mostly used for comic relief.

I have no problem with reimaging some of the claassic characters as other ethnicities. If today you gave someone who’d never heard of the charcters the assignment of designing the full set of original Marvel and DC characters based on nothing but their costumes, powers and background, with no mention of race, the result would be a set of heroes that proportionately reflects the general population. They would not be uniformly WASPy caucasians.

• J.B. says:

I was with you until the latter part of your comment.
          Thankfully superhero comic books didn’t end in the late 50’s and an amazing plethora of diverse characters were created. Instead of complaining about why white superheros are white you should be asking yourself why are all those fantastic diverse characters with equally, in some cases superior, backgrounds and stories being ignored by the film and television industry?

• Elf says:

You have to take into account that the older charactres are by far more iconic, and therefore in the studios’ eyes, far more bankable. There may be dozens of great more recent characters that would be great in movies, but they don’t have anywhere the same recognition levels as the classic characters, and that’s too much of a risk for the studios. Even the biggest selling comic today will sell, what, maybe 250,000 copies at best? Studios are not going to sink $150mil or more into a film based on a hot new character with only a quarter of a million fans. (Guardians of the Galaxy is an exception because Marvel was counting on having earned the fans’ trust that they would not be disapointed by anything Marvel put out.)

• tabularasalocke says:

Except Ra’s Al Ghul is specifically not white and that’s actually important to the character. Changing the race of someone like say, Johnny Storm, who has no characteristic that he needs to be white or black, doesn’t matter. Changing someone’s race like Ra’s or Black Panther, is a big issue. And yes, we’re all sick of seeing all white superheroes. It’s boring, bland, and not a representation of our world in 2014.

• Jacqueline says:

Ah, so it’s fine for you to spout your hate against white people to the public, but if a white person dares even mention the world black we are fried for being racist. Cool.

• There’s nothing racist about wanting Supergirl to be white, so people really need to stop accusing people who prefer the characters to be as they were in the comics of being racists. We’re FANBOYS, not BIGOTS.

• george says:

I agree D. stick with how its meant to be and thats it. most superheroes are white. Oh well. The Avengers…nuff said

• Drew says:

What is wrong with Caucasian?

• They wanted to the actress to look like she is the living version of Supergirl. I will be glad when the producer finally hire the actress for the role.

4. taran63 says:

Sounds like they’re setting up the sister to be a female Lex Luthor in the future.

• Russ says:

Yeah. My first thought was, “There’s noooo way the jealous sister named “ALEX” doesn’t turn out to be evil in a Superman spinoff.”

5. Bruce_F says:

Oh, I see they’re going with “Kara” Danvers instead of Linda. I’m sure Marvel will be really pleased about that, especially considering their recent Captain Marvel news.

• J.B. says:

Kara is her first name as in, Kara Zor-El. She’s been called Kara in the comics for a loooong time sometimes known as Kara Kent.
      Originally she went by Linda Lee before ever being adopted by the Danvers. In fact she tried over and over again to NOT get adopted. It wasn’t until she temporarily lost her powers that she allowed the Danvers to adopt her.
      So obviously the writers are paying tribute to both her recognizable names. Heck they could have went with some mix including Claire Connors or Linda Lang.
      And I’m pretty sure the pilot had been written before Marvel’s announcement. This has been in development for a while I would imagine. Not everything is some sort of conspiracy.

• bruceeff says:

This pilot script hasn’t been around as long as Carol Danvers has. The show could have easily gone with her more common alias but they chose to go with Kara Danvers which is remarkably close to “Carol” Danvers. I have no problem with using Kara in conjunction with her true birth name but “Kara Danvers?” Please.

• Jon says:

Yeah, I also though the combination (Both legitimate Supergirl aliases) sounded suspiciously like Carol Danvers.

6. Tran says:

This could be either good news or bad news for CBS if Supergirl gets green-lit as a series. Really hope they should cast a blonde actress to play the sister.

7. Can you really have a “Supergirl” series without “Superman”?

• Russ says:

Depends on the pilot. The current prevailing continutiy, that the “S” shield is from Krypton and not something Ma Kent came up with, helps sell the possibility, I think. Also, one never knows whether we’ll just get a “this is a world with superheroes, but Superman is off-planet” explanation. A tthis point in DC’s TV existence nothing much would surprise me.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

It is my understanding that he is theoretically out there in the world somewhere. Per logline for series, “Having hid all this time on Earth the powers she shares with her famous cousin, 24-year-old Kara decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was meant to be.”

• Burlov says:

That gives me so much hope.

• Aleana says:

Britt Robertson as Kara
        Janel Parrish as Alex
        Or
        Annasophia Robb as Kara
        Mackenzie Rosman as AlexWho would you cast here my list

• Davey Elmer says:

AnnaSophia Robb is outside the bottom end of the age range they’re looking at by 2 years (she’s 20, and the ‘bottom cut-off age’ that the casting directors are looking at is 22).

Since we know the age range they’re looking at, my top choice would be Ciara Hanna (late of Power Rangers Megaforce).

8. Gigi says:

i totally wanna see clark and lois show up on this show.

9. Little Scarf Girl says:

I’m getting more of the Frozen type sister-vibe here from the descriptions, which I like. But maybe that’s not what they’re going for?

10. Edward says:

I’m just glad the foster sister isn’t Lexie.

11. David says:

Kara = Alexia Fast.

12. The Kaibosh says:

Sorry I know this is a TV show with a “remigaing” but this sounds horrid and very ill conceived. A “Supergirl” origin story that does not have an already established “Superman” as a mentor to help her integrate into Earth society is an affront to its source material and should be rejected. Don’t get me wrong. It is possible for TV shows to make modest changes to the source material where its suitable and necessary. But for Supergirl to exist on Earth without Superman already being there violates the notion that Superman (until she came along) was the sole survivor of Krypton. This is a long standing sacred cow of the comic lore. Any tv show or movie that makes a change like that should be put next to Halle Berry’s Catwoman. In other words it should be utterly rejected.

• Ashley says:

Matt does point out above that the description suggests he is out there on earth, just won’t be seen on the show.

One of the many ways Superman is like Vera Peterson.

• The Kaibosh says:

Can’t say I’m convinced this would make it any better. The mechanics wouldn’t make sense. In terms of scenarios: 1) Superman exists and known in the world in this story. Kara discovers her abilities but doesn’t know her Kryptonian origins and uses her powers not learning of her heritage. Does she wear the costume? How would the “S” logo be explained? 2) Kara learns of her heritage and any supposed interaction with Superman happens entirely off screen. Vera characters work in comedies; which this isn’t. If we never see Superman and only hear of him then this would only come across as incomplete. 3) Kara discovers her origins and acquires the suite with “S” logo but never meets or interacts with Superman. Why would one Kryptonian on Earth not seek out the other? 4) Superman doesn’t exist in this story or 5) Kara lands on Earth first and learns of a young Clark Kent. Kara develops her powers and debuts to the world first. Either 4 or 5 would violate canon and should be rejected. Any way I slice it I’m not liking how this looks on paper.

13. It would seem to me that Superman does not exist in this .

14. Chris says:

I hope the show cast a male love interest for Supergirl! May I suggest Cam Gigandet, since CBS cancelled “Reckless”? He needs a job now!

15. Tom says:

Kara Danvers…?!? After marvel announced they’re using CAROL Danvers?? Come on.

• rockgolf says:

Supergirl has had the name Kara since her introduction in DC’s Adventure Comics about 1956. She adopted the name Danvers betore 1960.

Carol Danvers of Marvel wasn’t introduced as a character until at least 1967 (as a NASA scientist), and didn’t become a costumed hero until about the 1980s. (She’s gone by several names, including Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel and Binary.)

So, yeah, Kara Danvers.

16. Nick says:

Anyone else getting a Secret Life of Alex Mac vibe from this?

17. Eli says:

JESSY SCHRAM

18. Drew says:

With the same producers, it would be cool to have this show exist in the Arrow/Flash universe.

19. Ashley says:

Caity Lotz for Kara. Bethany Joy Lenz for Alex.

• Vane says:

Ooo, I like this idea. I thought Caity did great as The Canary so she could rock it. I miss seeing Bethany Joy Lenz on tv as she was my fave off of OTH.

• Davey Elmer says:

Again, too old for the age range.

We know exactly how old they’re looking to cast the role, and yet people keep coming up with actresses that are either too old or too young. Why? Why? Why?

20. Riana says:

I still think Britt Robertson would be perfect. She’s the right age. Plus using someone shorter gets rid of the idea that you need to be a model to be a superhero

21. yurie says:

“Kara is forced to bust out her super moves in public during an unexpected disaster.”
    I like how this sentence is accompanied by a picture of Supergirl… “busting” out.

22. Stefan says:

First things first, it does sound exactly like Smallville, the only difference being they will skip the teen years, so something like post-season-4-or-5-Smallville. I liked the show a lot, but I don’t know… I hope they do find their own setting/atmosphere etc. Second, I also agree the sister sounds a bit like a villain-to-be, I guess time will tell about that. And the other thing that’s bugging (not only) me is the supposed existence of Superman in the show’s universe. On one side, if they bring him in the analogies with Smallville will be even more and I don’t think I like that. But if they don’t… at one point it wouldn’t make sense. After all, Smallville also did bring Kara in the action. All in all, very curious/uncertain how this project will go…

23. Sarah T. says:

Hmmm…as others have stated, this sounds a little too much like Smallville so I’m not sure about this. Honestly, I have a hard time trusting any other network other than the CW with a superhero show, mostly because they do them so well (I don’t watch Agents of Shield). I think being on the CW (and therefore not taken too seriously as a big 4 network) gives them a little more freedom. That being said, if this comes to fruition, I’ll definitely tune in to check it out. We’ll see if this ends up being like the Wonder Woman pilot that crashed and burned.
    Also, I’m really hoping that Greg Berlanti won’t be spreading himself a little too thin to show some love to Arrow. Isn’t he the EP for The Flash too?

• ninamags says:

Agree with all your points, Sarah T.

I guess after the success of Arrow and The Flash, they want to try a superhero program on their “big” network. Sadly, I don’t think this will work out well for them.

24. Aleana says:

Sound interesting looking forward to it about time we get a female superhero show casting
    Britt Robertson as Kara
    Janel Parrish as Alex
    Or
    Annasophia Robb as Kara
    Mackenzie Rosman as Alex

25. kill it dead. burn it with fire.

26. Gail says:

I always wondered why on Krypton the women take their father’s name as part of their name but the men don’t. It’s Kara Zor-el for Supergirl but Kal-el for Superman not Kal Jor-el.

So the TV version of Supergirl has nothing to do with any version from the comics other than referencing a familiar name. I wonder how the foster parents are going to explain where a 12 year old came from. In the current day there is too much info available online to say she is the child of my deceased sister or whatever.

• Davey Elmer says:

The Danvers would’ve had to have taken her in by going through the legal foster care system in whatever state they live in, obviously, but that’s a superfluous detail to include in a character description.

• KatsMom says:

Maybe it’s like Slavic last names where a woman adds “a” to her father’s last name? For example, tennis players Marat Safin and Dinara Safina, who are brother and sister. So, on Krypton, girls keep their father’s whole name and boys just keep the family name? :)

• Khorrie says:

In some versions, like Smallville, the women just took the family name. Kara was Kara-El, not Kara Zor-El.

27. Maryann says:

I’m surprised this is going to CBS rather than The WB. I hope it will do ok there.

• Gail says:

Too bad its not on the CW. She seems to be about the same age as Barry Allen on the Flash TV show. Might have made for fun cross overs if they were on the same network. Still the CW is part owned by CBS so it may be possible for a cross over.

• Dennis says:

The WB is still a network?! Where when what how!!! … Kidding ;) but I wish! The WB = everyyyything

28. Tory says:

I don’t like the idea of Supergirl at 24 just accepting her powers. In the comics she is a teenager and I think that extra dynamic of not only dealing with super powers but the normal things of being a teenage girl add alot to the character. Just my two cents.

29. Steve says:

Just as long as she does a cool ‘shirt rip’ transformation I have no complaints!

30. Rex says:

This seems bad!! AoS levels of bad

31. Erika says:

So… where do we submit our resume and headshots?

32. christine says:

It doesnt sound at all like Smallville….at least no more than “Flash” or “Arrow”

33. christine says:

Linda Lee Danvers was Supergirls name from the 60’s until the reboot a few years ago. Intially, SG was from Kandor, a Kryptonian city that survived the destruction of Krypton. It was status quo until Post Crisis on Infinite Earths in the 80’s. The new reboot Kara was a young girl when her cousin Kal-El was a baby on Krypton. They were both rocketed at the same time from Krypton as it exploded. Kara was in a suspended animation in her ship until being discovered while Kal-El grew up as “Clark Kent” adopted as a infant by the Kents.

• John says:

Kara was not from Kandor (at least originally). She was from Argo City–a city that survived the initial destruction of Krypton, but then suffered from Kryptonite poisoning with Kara being saved by being sent off in a rocket.

34. AW says:

I loved Smallville. Therefore, I hope Supergirl will be as wonderful and long lasting as Smallville!

35. Dennis says:

So….The Secret World of Alex Mack! :)

36. Molly C. Quinn for Supergirl. She is 21 now.

37. joe ray says:

i would think 2 cool choices to play the role of supergirl/kara would be ms. annalynnermccord/laura vandervroot

38. I says:

Its quite a coincidence that Supergirl’s adopted name is Kara Danvers and Marvel’s recently announced Ms Marvel will be called Carol Danvers…

39. Fernanda says:

I hope the super girl series would be tie with “Man of Steel” universe

• Drew says:

That would be cool.

• Davey Elmer says:

It won’t be.Unlike Marvel, DC is creating a Multi-verse where the vast majority of what they’re doing exists autonomously.

• Khorrie says:

Technically, Kara already exists in the MoS universe and would have been on Earth for hundreds, possibly thousands of years. Of course, they can choose not to go with the comic tie-in and use a completely new backstory if she even makes it into the movies.

40. Drew says:

Sally Field! Great in Gidget.

41. lame says:

I’m sure the writers will set their own parameters for the story as they did for Arrow. Nothing will be set in stone, The DC version will be used as a guide not as cannon, that will give them plenty of leeway in character and story development with the ability to diversify. Everyone has to remember this will be the writers version of the super girl mythology.

42. Khorrie says:

Alexandra “Alex” Danvers. Because straight out calling her Lex would be too obvious.

43. Azerty says:

Definitely have a Smallville vive, which is good, Smallville was one of my first love. But they should get their inspiration from Arrow which is way more mature than Smallville was. Smallville ruined herself with some stupid rules: “no flight no tight” “anybody can’t say the world Superman” “Clark must always dress in red ane blue”. Follow Arrow who has the courage to move fast. And whoever suggested Britt Robertson and Janel Parrish is so right. This duo would be awesome.

• Davey Elmer says:

Although I didn’t notice the parallels until somebody else above commented, this show sounds far more like a DC Comics’ version of “The Secret World of Alex Mack” than it does like a “gender-flipped Smallville”, and if it turns out to be even half as good as TSWoAM was, CBS is going to have hit the jackpot.

44. pamill says:

45. S. Brown says:

Who is doing the casting??

46. S. Brown says:

Who is doing the casting..

47. Ann says:

I think the girl who played Sara Lance on Arrow would make a good Supergirl. She fits the bill of the blonde hair, blue-eyed Supergirl, plus Greg Berlanti is already familiar with her since she was on Arrow.

48. Brad says:

Will we get to see Supergirl in the red and blues? Will the outfit include a cape? I prefer caped superheroines. And Supergirl in particular would look strange without one.

49. Dee says:

Honestly, the producers have their Supergirl right there in front them. Emily Bett Rickards is simply perfect for the role. Pluck this girl from the chorus and make her a lead. Like Susan Saint James and Sharon Gless before her, she has an energy that screams Television Star!

50. Paul Cross says: