Exclusive

NCIS Fave Diane Neal to Bring Agent Borin to NCIS: New Orleans

NCIS Borin New Orleans

One of NCIS fans’ favorite recurring characters is bound for the Big Easy.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Diane Neal, on the heels of putting in her sixth appearance on NCIS earlier this month, next will guest-star as Agent Borin on the most-watched drama’s new spin-off, NCIS: New Orleans.

“The U.S. Coast Guard has a huge presence in New Orleans so to send CGIS Special Agent Abigail Borin down to help is an added bonus,” showrunner Gary Glasberg tells TVLine. “Diane Neal is a talented, fascinating, multi-layered actress and we’re thrilled to add her to the NOLA mix. Borin is a true member of the NCIS family and she’ll bring all kinds of fun to our New Orleans team.”

In addition to her recurring appearances on NCIS (the first of which aired in Season 7), Neal’s TV credits include Power, Suits and, of course, Law & Order: SVU.

NCIS: New Orleans airs Tuesdays at 9/8c, and has already earned a full-season pick-up. Neal will appear in Episode 12.

1. So excited to see Agent Borin make an appearance on NCIS New Orleans! Will be interesting to see how she interacts with Pride and his team. Thank you for bringing this exclusive scoop to NCIS fans.

2. Ange says:

With so much crossover, they really are not giving the show time to stand on it’s own. I would like them to allow Pride, Brody and LaSalle to develop on their own then crossover as time goes on. Enough already

• Buffalo says:

Agreed….the two best episodes of the season have been the ones without any “guests”. Mark Harmon has smiled more on New Orleans than he has in the last 5 seasons of the flagship program.

• carolgrover says:

True. Makes me wonder if they are using NOLA to try and get back NCIS fans who no longer watch. Fond memories kind of thing? It has the opposite effect on me. I resent having NCIS shoved down my throat while trying to enjoy the new show. They are certainly not necessary to the plots.

3. DQ says:

I think she is a great addition to the show; not that I don’t like any of the cast. I love NCIS and NCIS New Orleans.

4. AK says:

What’s with all the crossovers? Don’t get me wrong – I love Borin and everyone else from NCIS that popped up on NCIS: NO, but how about letting the cast stand on their own feet, maybe start developing recurring characters of their own?

5. Kat says:

I love Agent Borin…wish she had her own series!!

6. Zorkel says:

As much as I like Borin, I’d like the show to stand on its own and develop its own recurring cast, besides the council man.

7. Jerri says:

Why did they move ncis la to another day if they keep tossing NCIS Stars over to Nola?

8. as524 says:

I’d say maybe they can keep her but I like NOLA too much to foist Borin on the show as a regular character….

Not looking forward to this ep. Borin was fun when she was first introduced but the last 3 season especially she’s been a total bore. & tbh her consant campaigning on social media for a regular role in the NCIS world is more than a bit off-putting.

• Anna D. says:

I totally agree with you regarding Agent Boring as h*ll and the actress herself! It’s time to focus on other NCIS guest stars and time to focus on developing the regular characters on NOLA. Quit with the crossovers already!

9. Charlise says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you I don’t care about the co-worker’s sister-in-law either.

10. Maryann says:

Give Borin her own spinoff!!!

11. Sharon says:

When will ncis.New Orleans be shown in the UK we are all waiting for it too be aired.

12. James Levere says:

Would they please stop doing that and make her a series regular on either of the NCIS’s.

13. Bob says:

awesome, more!

14. Linda says:

is Born going to NOLA because the other star is pregnant ?

15. Gini says:

I love Diane Neil!! Such a great actress

16. Arelis says:

Not feeling Siva’s replacement (no offense)…please bring some spark back to that character!

17. Joe Bell says:

I love agent Borin. I wish she was a regular on one of these shows. Her character is strong and would be a great major piece to playoff of.

18. Kelly says:

She played an FBI agent on White Collar as well. Her character got Neal kidnapped.

19. shahendr says:

Just give this character her own show already. Seriously, CBS, it’s time.

20. Steve says:

Great episode! Can’t wait for the next one. Her leading men look strong and in control next to her. Weak characters on NOLA make Scott look weak. He paired well with Neal.

21. Steve says:

Great episode with Neal. Makes her leading men look strong and in control.

22. Karen Landry says:

I’m excited to see her character on the new show. She’s fantastic and a great addition. Every week would be fine with me.

23. Melissa Nicklas says:

Love Agent Borin… please keep her on all the NCIS offspring… but even better…give agent Borin her own show …she is awesome….

Comments rejected….

Ok .. site not accepting comment….

Have never submitted a comment…on anything….my first comment ever…..now wondering why I am receiving message of “duplicate comment”:.. and my comments not posting. ????

24. margaret bailet says:

Been waiting for abigale and gibbs to hook up,either romantically or better yet, working together, keep that sexual tension going. But no, you put a putz at ncic and send Abigake to New Orleans. Cheesch!!!. Lets hear it for the putz. She add so little!!!!

25. margaret bailet says:

Maybe the commenters are correct..The perfect solution is to give Boirn her own show. But please what’s her name (Ziva’s replacement ) has nothing to offer

26. dianne says:

I watch and love all the NCIS series missing Ziva she was brilliant like Borin she is great. NCIS new orleans is great. Would watch them all day. Great work to all.

27. Joe says:

She’s no “fave.” If she’s on the show I’m not watching it.

28. Donna Duyck says:

Can’t wait for Episode 12 with Diane Neal in it. I loved her in SVU & as guest on NCIS but really glad she will be with us weekly again! Love all the NCIS show and Spinoffs!!!

29. Lindy Lou says:

Love Agent Borin, I think she should get it together with Gibbs.

30. Diane Neal’ s Abigail Borin would be a great addition to either NCIS or NCIS New Orleans! Bring her back!