Ratings: The Voice and Blacklist Rise, Broke Girls Returns Down, The Millers and Sleepy Slip to Lows, Jane Dips

Blacklist Season 2 Ratings

NBC’s The Voice this Monday drew 12.5 million total viewers and a 3.7 rating (per finals), adding some eyeballs as well as three tenths in the demo week-to-week against a well-watched Monday Night Football contest.

Leading out of that, The Blacklist did 9.6 mil and a 2.5, up one tenth.

Elsewhere….

CBS | 2 Broke Girls returned to 8.4 mil and a 2.4, up from its May finale (6.5 mil/2.0) but down from both its previous premiere (8.9 mil/2.8, at 9 pm) and How I Met Your Mother‘s year-ago opener in the Monday lead-off spot (9.4 mil/3.7). We’re also talking 40 percent lower numbers than the mighty Big Bang last did in the time slot. With that new lead-in, The Millers (6.9 mil/1.7) slipped 19 percent to a series low demo, and Scorpion (10.4 mil/2.3) and NCIS: LA (8.7 mil/1.6) each ticked down a tenth, with the latter matching its all-time demo low.

FOX | Gotham (5.9 mil/2.2) dipped a tenth, while Sleepy Hollow (4.6 mil/1.6) slipped two tenths, with both shows at series lows.

ABC | With NFL preemptions subtracted out, Dancing With the Stars (12.6 mil/1.9) dipped a tenth, while Castle (8.8 mil/1.6) inched up a tenth.

THE CW | The Originals (1.3 mil/0.6) was flat, while Jane the Virgin (1.1 mil/0.4) fell 15 and 20 percent in Week 3. That said, The CW notes that Jane — which already has  a full-season order — is up a good 30 percent over the time slot a year ago.

1. Tran says:

Hope 2 Broke Girls “keeps it up” on Mondays after last night’s Kim Kardashian cameo appearance.

2. Eric7740 says:

The Voice and The Blacklist owe some thanks to Taylor Swift!!! ;)

3. abz says:

Since we had to endure the KarTRASHians I’m glad there was some bashing and not a complete lovefest. If they wanted a celebrity for the premiere that would attract viewers, I could name a hundred off the top of my head that would have been better choices.
    Also that applause for her was definitely staged. And really, Jennifer Coolidge has been on the show for two and a half seasons now, the applause for her each episode is just fake and weird.

4. Phil says:

Disingenuous to label “2 Broke Girls” a loser in the headline when it’s .4 tenths UP in the only demo that matters. You justify it well, and I normally greatly enjoy your reporting, but that’s not at all a fair headline.

5. Originalslover says:

How does the originals keep dropping viewers, but stays the same in the demo? I am so confused.

• mindy says:

the older viewers +50 have stopped watching that is how the 18-49 stays the same, having said that i don´t care for the but it´s doing so much better than the show that aired last year on monday argument fact is that episode 104 had 0.9 and 2.23 viewers if they don´t start improving the spring ratings for TO are gonna be brutal.

• Originalslover says:

So they could be indanger of getting cancelled? or are they a safe bet?

• mindy says:

nah if BATB can get 3 season TO will too i´m just saying the ratings are perhaps CW fine for now but we are only 4 episodes in and well it´s nothing to shout about thats for sure

• Originalslover says:

good to know. I just hope they stop with the shipper bate and just give us the originals.

• ggny says:

Dont be confused just know The Originals is still a rating winner for The CW.

6. wrstlgirl says:

Sad as it is for me to say Sleepy Hollow is boring me. I’m sticking with it but I hope it picks up. I’m ready to pull the plug on The Originals. This season’s story is horrible.

• mindy says:

i know right there is just something missing and last nights jesus how boring was it? and FYI writers klamille is going nowhere it´s been more than a year since the worlds most blatant trope of a scene with her as an angel and him as the devil aired and looky look hardly anybody cares for it so just let it go

• Originalslover says:

i have to agree with you on the klamille thing. I don’t like Cami at all. She needs to go. I feel like she is there as a love interest only and she has absoultely no chemistry with Klaus at all. Either give her a real story line or kill her off. And what is with the love triangle? wasn’t she supposed to be into marcel and now shes in love with both of them? I am a Klaus Stan first and she is not helping him at all.

• mindy says:

shes the worst seriously whats her purpose other than to sooth klaus´s raging manpain oh klaus pay attention to me me me oh it´s ok you ditch me in a woods come here for a hug oh it´s ok your a vampire even though thats what i´m trying to avoid oh poor poor klaus it´s dragging klaus down to levels i never thought i seen and Michael Narducci on twitter oh klaus is just being diabolical bringing Cami with him no sir it was blatant shippery ( though i don´t think klamille has many shippers) moment to make us what fall in love with klamille but NOPE nope nope she´s not working and it´s been more than a year so lets just cut her loose! I can´t take more angsty tearful gazes ugh. Yeah so i´m not a cami fan if that wasn´t clear to anyone :)

• Originalslover says:

haha! I am glad I am not the only one! I feel bad for the actress because I am sure she is sweet and all, but sometimes you have to do whats best for the show. In this case its killing off your friend. I have a lot of issues with this show right now, but if they can get back to the roots of the show and have it be about the originals and not shipping drama i will stick around. I just don’t know if it’s worth watching anymore. I hear Narducci said if you don’t like her stop watching. So maybe I’ll have to take his advice.

• wrstlgirl says:

I don’t give two hoots for Klamille so I was FF’g through most of last night’s ep. I’m a huge Sebastian Roche’ fan so I was mostly just watching for him.

• autumnd23 says:

Just because you don’t care for it, doesn’t mean a lot of people don’t like it. A lot of people do. I’m one of them. One of my favorite parts of the show.

• Fran says:

I like Cami too. Im not sure about her and Klaus but there was defintely something there last year so who knows. She’s definately not going anywhere though.

• Originalslover says:

That fine that you like it. nothing wrong with that. It just seems forced to me and I feel like she is the weakest link. I want more for her character than to be a love interest. give me a reason to like her and I will give her a shot, but if this is all they can do for her than I will continue to want her gone.

• Fran says:

No worries :) I thought they did more with her character last season and it made me intrigued. This season, I agree that we haven’t seen much yet but Im hoping we’ll get some progress. I don’t want her to be just a love interest either so I guess we’ll see how it goes.

• Katherine215 says:

Sleepy Hollow has been a little boring for me, too. I was really hoping there’d be more of a team dynamic this year, so I’m disappointed that Jenny, Frank, and even Hawley aren’t on very much.

• Moment says:

I can see why some people might find the monster of the week formula a bit boring.

• arianeb says:

Actually the Monsters of the Week episodes are good because I love the camaraderie between Ichabod and Abbie (which is the reason I still watch). The whole Revelations /Two Witnesses /Four Horsemen /End of times is getting boring and convoluted and ruining the show IMHO.

• wrstlgirl says:

I absolutely agree w/the whole team working together. The other part, like you said, is boring.

• Moment says:

That’s a high point I agree, but how much longer can they keep going with the Person dying -> Research -> Confront Monster -> Conclusion with some random Henry/Irving stuff filling the gaps each episode? I would rather they progressed things a bit more as some of the more recent episodes have felt a bit filler like, especially the Piper episode.

• wrstlgirl says:

Yep, that’s what’s missing for me too. I’m a bit disappointed too.

• Coal says:

I was really hoping for a team dynamic too, towards the end of last season Frank being in on the secret and Jenny joining the team really excited me. I like shows about camaraderie with the characters having a singular purpose were the relationship among the characters are platonic. Now its building to be a love fest.

• Katherine215 says:

Completely agree. Some of their best episodes were when Frank and Jenny were involved, along with Henry (before we knew he was bad). It gave me a very Fringe vibe, having the team working against the common foe. I have to say, I was torn on whether I wanted Abbie and Ichabod together last season, but this season has sealed it for me that I want them to remain platonic. To me, they’re really pushing the close bond between the two, and it’s almost getting to be a bit too much for me.

• herman1959 says:

It’s time to get Irving out of Tarrytown Psych.

• Kelly says:

I personally think that TVD and the Originals should get the can..The whole plots are a yawn fest and seriously all the cross overs and guest spots by the actors totally playing other characters is BORING!

7. Gerald says:

Sleepy Hollow and Gotham were both great last night. Series lows?? Really? They must be getting big hits when they factor in the DVR and download views.
    Two Broke Girls wasn’t bad. I think the ratings should keep up now that Carolyn has a decent haircut.
    Miller was a good episode, but I think they are reaching too much trying to involve Sean Hayes, it is not his show. Less is more.

8. ninamags says:

The Blacklist was fantastic yesterday. The last few moments while Red is describing the little boy that was kidnapped and abused was heartbreaking.

9. Ally Oop says:

I love Jane the Virgin, best new show I’ve watched this season.

10. Alichat says:

That “BIG REVEAL” on Blacklist last night was neither startling nor revealing. Honestly, who else would she be holding captive and keeping from Reddington other than Tom??

• RedReddington says:

I was really hoping for Gina Zanetakos. Tom was way too obvious. And how the heck did Liz get him in there? He was shot 3 times in the gut. That’s months of recovery. The logistics just don’t make sense.

• Alichat says:

Well, I figured the big burly guard who was laid out on the floor by Red’s stalker boy was taking care of Tom, but you’re right that even if they got someone to perform surgery on him, he’s recovered awfully fast.

• Katherine215 says:

Not at all. Especially since she basically foretold it an episode or two ago when she was talking to the crazy psychologist in the hospital. Meera’s replacement (what is her name??) totally called it, too.

• herman1959 says:

DITTO. Now, let’s have the rest of the story – who’s Liz’s father?

11. Mark says:

Really starting to worry about NCIS LA — putting it on a Monday was pure madness and just shows how well and what a good show Intelligence was to get the numbers it did. But up against the Blacklist I’m afraid it still only gets a place on my DVR as the Blacklist is my 10pm Monday….

12. Babybop says:

Ouch – hurts to see Sleepy Hollow dip. I still love it and want it to survive!

13. Matthew Weber says:

Hope the Castle numbers stay the same. And I’m really worried about NCIS LA still, I hope CBS doesn’t cancel it just because they were dumb enough to move it to one of the worst time slots during the week.

• Amy W. says:

I totally agree.NCIS LA deserves a chance to try another time slot. I love NCIS LA and NCIS ( I watch NCIS NO, but I wouldn’t say love yet). I also enjoy Castle, but hey, that is what the DVR is for.

14. Brigid says:

People watch the most boring things

15. Abby says:

In fairness to 2 Broke Girls, which is absolutely hilarious sometimes, you can’t tell me Kim Kardashian’s going to be on my TV and still expect me to tune in!

16. Beautiful says:

2 broke girls was improved, vigor-filled and, not least of all, entertaining. I love the visible change in the show, and I am sure the 8.4 million others also do.