CBS Picks Up Full Seasons of Scorpion, NCIS: New Orleans and 2 Others

Scorpion Full Season

It’s a clean sweep for the Eye!

CBS has handed full-season orders (AKA 22 episodes) to all four of its new fall dramas — ScorpionNCIS: New OrleansStalker and Madam SecretaryTVLine has confirmed.

“These four shows have had an immediate impact on our schedule by improving nights, winning time periods and adding more hours of success across our primetime lineup,” said CBS’ Entertainment Chairman, Nina Tassler, in a statement.

Per CBS, NCIS: NO stands as this fall’s No. 1 new series, averaging 18 million viewers and a 2.8 rating in the 18-49 demo. Scorpion is the No. 2 new series (15 million; 3.6), while Madam Secretary ranks as Sunday’s top scripted drama among total viewers (13.5 million). Lastly, Stalker regularly wins its Wednesday-at-10 time period among viewers (9.5 million) and 18-49ers (2.1).

Which full-season pickup are you most excited about? Hit the comments!

1. BrittBrat says:

Yay!!! Happy about this news.

2. Kris says:

I love Scorpion, but I’m not crazy about Madam Secretary. Stalker is great, keeps you interested.

• Temperance says:

I couldn’t care less about any but Madame Secretary. I’m still a little shocked that it’s good.

• Jeanne Marie Wallace says:

I agree I am not a watcher of this Madam Sectary! it is just not good and sorry the acting is not good at all. I wish they had left Ncis LA where it was to see the New Orleans show is not that great sorry I just watch what I like anymore and tune out many of the shows you talk about. CBS you are loosing me and others,,Jeanne Marie W.

• Rodg says:

Madam Secretary is actually very good and the acting is good

• S. says:

The acting is good, but the writing and plotting isn’t. I have watched it from the beginning, and while I did like it at first, that fades a bit with every show. The situations she “solves” are becoming ridiculous. I mean that whole China/Japan thing? That’s a real world problem that has been going on for decades, but hey! Elizabeth spends a week or two on it and it’s solved! Yeah? And she’s got this whole team of people who don’t really do anything, just answer phones and write speeches that she then doesn’t give and give advice she then doesn’t take. Exactly why are those people there anyway? And the lack of real world knowledge about politics and people is starting to get real annoying–their whole take on Edward Snowden was laughable and flawed.

• durkinjt says:

Granted , have said all along the show is a political facade, but darn it. I love it. Crazy huh?

• I believe the acting is great and the program deals with real time decisions made by the Secretary of State. It is excellent she has a background in the intelligence gathering. Plus her ability to deal with family issues and political issues at the same time is excellent and real world. If you follow politics at all this is an excellent program for viewing and if CBS does not recognize it that is another bad decision on the executive in charge of programming. I agree several characters on her team could be eliminated but they where not he people to begin with. So clean it up and bring it back. Some of these people do not have a clue about politics that are making comments. They probably do not have a clue what CIA or FBI stand for or do.

• Pete says:

I agree. I do think there needs to be some upbeat material. The continual crisis, high stress, and the wilting belly flops of an exhausted super-lady need to change. The basic theme of this show is solid and entertaining, but there are a few good things happening across the globe, at least once in a while.

• suzyku says:

Madam Secretary is an excellent show with good writing and very good acting! Don’t know what show you’re watching?!

• Shane says:

I wish they had left Person of Interest on Thursdays. And Tuesdays could be NCIS Tuesday.
        NCIS, NCIS:LA & NCIS:NO. If not do that, do NCIS on Tuesday, NCIS:LA on Wednesday & NCIS:NO on Thursday.

• Pete says:

NCIS is an amazing show that maintains a following perpetually. NCIS LA is, in my opinion boring and inane. NCIS New Orleans has some talented performers who, for the most part, fail to approach the standards one would expect from them. The script ideas and construction are pathetic. This show couldn’t make it at the Belly Flop Karaoke Theater at Billy Bob’s Truck Stop in Junebug, Alabama.

• Keith G Flemming Sr says:

I BLAME CBS FOR CHANGING A POWERFUL TUESDAY NIGHT LINEUP OF NCIS,NCIS LA AND POI. UNTIL THEY PULLED POI FOR SOME SHOW I DON’T WATCH AND I TURN TO THE COMPETITION FOR MY 10 PM ACTION FIX. THE NCIS FRANCHISE IS GREAT WITH MARK HARMON LEADING IT, BUT MY QUESTION IS WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO WHEN IT’S TIME TO SAY GOODBYE TO TEAM GIBBS

• ron says:

How can comment BOUT THE SHOW WHEN YOU ADMIT YOU ARE NOT WATCHER; STICK TO WHAT YOU ACTUALLY VIEW, AND BE FREE TO COMMENT ON THAT.

3. L says:

I’ve basically gotten bored with the whole NCIS franchise at this point.. but I am enjoying the other shows so ok.

• Patrick says:

Now that it is patently obvious that there will be no character progression on any of the shows, it is hard to stay invested in the NCIS franchise. Plus, the whole omnipotent elder who has mystical skills and is never wrong gets old.

4. Keith Flemming says:

Congrats to these four new once again proving that CBS is America’s Most Watched Network #BARNONE

5. sarah j says:

Yay for Stalker.
    Even though I DVR it because my first choice is Chicago PD, I do like this show and am happy it got a full season order!

6. wrstlgirl says:

I really like Stalker & Scorpion. Madam Secretary is okay, kinda slow. Don’t watch NCIS but good news for those who do :-)

7. Amy H says:

Like Madam Secretary much more than Scorpion. Tea Leoni and Tim Daly are great.

8. I am happy that CBS give full season for their line-up. Good luck to the future.

9. M3rc Nate says:

Scorpion i am enjoying quite a bit, NCIS NO i basically havent watched since the pilot, considering cancelling the season pass on it, Madam Secretary i enjoyed the pilot of but havent caught up on the episodes that have aired so far yet, them adding that teenage daughter (second ep is story about her) has me really hesitant. And Stalker? I love Maggie Q but no…just no…

10. Carla says:

SO glad to see that all four of these shows are now picked up for full seasons. CBS has done an amazing job this year bringing top quality drama. It’s become my favorite network by far — the only complaint I have is that they continue to make Sundays very unpredictable due to football games. They need to decide whether they are going to be the best network available for exceptional dramatic series or if they are going to be a run-of-the-mill sports network. Madam Secretary is thoughtful, provocative — just fantastic. Tea Leoni rocks. And Stalker is seriously scary with very well developed characters for a show that is so new.

11. That is great!! I love all of them.

12. This is terrific news! We DVR all our favorite shows, and that includes ALL the NCIS series, and we’ve added “Scorpion” to our list of favorites, as well. We’d watch “Stalker” if we had the time; it’s on our list of shows to rent on DVD someday, but for now we’re delighted with Scorpion and NCIS: New Orleans.

13. paula marie says:

I’m so glad NCIS:NO is sticking around!! I love this show!! Why do they only count the viewers between ages 18-49? there has to be more older viewers out there that enjoy this and the other shows!!!!

• Moment says:

Because advertisers are more interested in the 18-49 demographic. That pays the bills for the networks.

• Pat Brown says:

That’s all well and good but there are quite a lot of the 50 – 75 demographic that still help them pay their bills.

• Tate Duncan says:

No disrespect, but the networks couldn’t care less if anyone 50-75 watches them.

Advertisers pay the bills, and they don’t buy 50+. It’s a common belief in the advertising world that people over 50 have their buying habits set and don’t respond to commercials.

Whether that’s true or not is a whole ‘nuther thing…but don’t kid yourself: if no one under 50 watched NCIS, it’d be cancelled tomorrow.

• Pat Brown says:

I agree with your statement, I really like NCIS:NO, Scorpion and Stalker. These are some of my favorites so I’m glad they got full seasons. I just hope they all get a second season. By the way, I agree with Paula, why is it always the 18 – 49 viewers. I’m over 60 and so are many of the people I know and we all enjoy watching tv so whats the deal?

14. Tran says:

Scorpion and NCIS: NOLA are my new faves. I’m OK on Madam Secretary and I’m not going to watch Stalker for the rest of the season ’cause it’s still scares the hell out of viewers on a Wednesday nights like Criminal Minds. It’s going to be harder and harder for CBS again with its prime time schedule and what’s going to be the future of some of its long running shows like NCIS, Survivor and the fate of CSI.

15. Jenna says:

Great news all around!

16. B says:

I’m glad for Madam Secretary. I think it’s still settling in, but I’m enjoying it.

17. If you follow politics at all or are interested in World events, Madame Secretary is excellent. I give it an A. Scorpion is OK, have Stalker backed up on DVR to watch so no opinion yet. Tired on NCIS years ago, really like the cast of NCIS LA, gave NCIS 2 chances and deleted it from record.

• that was gave NCIS NO two chances…..

• Linda says:

I’m with you on that Sheila. I still watch NCIS and NCIS LA but I’m not a fan of what’s his name (the lead on NCIS NO) and can’t stand the phoney accent of the other guy. Love Madam Secretary and Stalker but have given Scorpion a miss.

• James says:

I agree with you.

• Sarad says:

It is “what’s-his-name”‘s (Scott Bakula’s) accent that is awful – when he remembers to even try to use it. “The other guy” (Lucas Black) was born in Alabama and so was his character, so his accent is genuine, just not NO.

• Keith Flemming says:

Really people I know your giving your opinions, Scott Bakula is doing a good job and the cast is awesome especially CCH POUNDER(most underrated actress in the business). My question is what you NCIS fans going to do when Mark Harmon and the crew end Ncis and whom would’ve been your choice for Pride

18. Judy Hubbard says:

I absolutely Love Scorpion…what chemistry the cast has. And I love Madame Secretary….always so much going on in the episodes. I also like NCIS: New Orleans, very exciting story lines….what a coup for CBS!

19. Mary Morris says:

Love Madam Secretary. Happy it has been picked up for a full season.

20. Moment says:

I’m surprised by 2 of the pick ups, but I’m happy for Scorpion and NCIS NO, 2 shows that will be renewed without a doubt.

21. Cindy says:

Stalker!

22. Lisa says:

YAY STALKER!!!!!

23. Kathy Davis says:

I love NCIS: New OrLeans. I cannot handle Stalker. Madame Secretary is to political for me.

24. EJ386 says:

Scorpion is awesome, NCIS:NOLA and Stalker are enjoyable so great news.

25. Jay says:

Madame Secretary, really really loving this show.

26. Moment says:

That’s some pretty good spin from Nina Tassler by the way. NCIS NO although it’s doing great isn’t the number 1 new show(Perhaps on CBS), ABC have that title with How to Get Away With Murder that does better in the 18-49.

27. tp says:

I watch all four of these shows so I’m a really happy camper.

28. Doris says:

I am very happy about Madam Secretary. It’s excellent story telling and well acted. Go CBS, Yea, got this one right!

29. So happy to see Scorpion get a full season! That’s my favorite new show of the season, followed by Constantine (NBC) and Stalker.

30. Billie says:

Great news! Watch all except Stalker.

31. albean99 says:

I like & watch all but Stalker so good news.

32. Barry says:

NCIS: New Orleans — yawn.

• Wendy Reynolds says:

Well, if you feel that way, why even bother commenting? Sounds like sour grapes to me. I’m glad the four got picked up–and I don’t even watch Stalker–but have friends that do. If I didn’t like a show, I wouldn’t watch it. Kind of rude to the people who actually DO enjoy them.

• Amanda says:

I’m with Barry – yawn.

• KCC says:

You’re reading a lot into a one word criticism of a show. Barry and Amanda find NCIS: NO boring. While not thoughtfully expressed, it’s their opinion and they’re permitted to express it. There’s no mention of the people that DO enjoy the show, so I don’t understand how he’s being rude to them. He has a different opinion of the show, which is not rudeness toward the viewers that enjoy it. He also has not mentioned any other issues with the show or franchise that would constitute sour grapes. It’s great that you don’t watch shows you don’t like, but how do you know you don’t like a show if you never watched it? And if you watched it and found it boring should you be called rude for expressing that opinion?

• QDM says:

Yet, you are challenging Wendy for giving her opinion of Barry’s comment. I’ve noticed Barry voicing the same type of comments since NCIS:NO premiered. I got it the first time–it wasn’t liked–constantly repeating it, does sound like sour grapes. Wendy is entitled to her opinion just as much as Barry is. I don’t understand why Wendy isn’t allowed the option to say so.

• Barry says:

No, you didn’t.

I can’t remember ever commenting on NCIS: New Orleans except to post just this one time a big fat “yawn.” If you like it, that’s cool with me — no biggie. And for the record, personally I really enjoy NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles — so it’s certainly not the NCIS franchise that bores me.

I have, however, been very critical of Big Brother. That show, like so many so-called reality shows, is not my thing. Especially when the host, as talent-challenged as she is (clearly, this my personal opinion), is only there because she’s married to the CBS boss.

33. Annette says:

I’m VERY happy to hear about Scorpion and Madam Secretary!! 2 of the best new shows this season!!

34. MandaJ says:

Loving watching Scorpion and Madam Secretary. Stalker is growing on me so that’s good news too. I don’t watch any of the NCIS shows but I suppose there will be a bunch of people my parents age happy to hear about that pick up. ;)

• MarkC says:

Im in my early 30s n got into NCIS from the first ziva ep. U need a lot of younger folks watching to do the numbers they do each week.

• Win4Life says:

Late 20s. Do like NCIS n NCIS LA. N. O.. is alright. Need more action.

• Wendy Reynolds says:

I’ll be 20 in about two months–watch all three of the NCIS shows–you may not watch them, but I have a great many friends who do. Not everyone who watches are people in your parents age group.

35. MarkC says:

I just can’t get into scorpion. I continue to DVR it. Love stalker. Love Maggie Q. NCIS no is okay. 2 eps sitting on DVR. Madame is a no go for me. Not my type of show.

36. Grace says:

Madam Secretary is so well-acted. Watching it and The Good Wife makes for 2 hours of great TV.

37. Great to see Madam Sec & Scorpion go the distance….

38. Win4Life says:

Love stalker. I liked intelligence better than scorpion. But I see scorpions appeal. Big bang theory meets action drama.

39. Melisa says:

Love Scorpion&Stalker

40. John says:

Scorpion. Love this show. Glad to see cbs stepped up.

41. Joe Sinchak says:

I love both NCIS: New Orleans & Scorpion! The funny thing is I don’t watch the original NCIS!

42. TxNTn says:

Madam Secretary is fantastic. My favorite new show in ages. Maybe because I am the core demographic. Wouldn’t miss Tea Leoni and Tim Daly.

43. Martha says:

Very HaPpY!!!!
    I watch all but Stalker and love them!!! All three NCIS shows are great. Prefect cast on each. Really enjoy Madam Secretary & Scorpion! Keep up the good work CBS.

44. suzyku says:

Really pleased to hear about full season episode orders for Scorpion, NCIS NO and Madam Secretary, all great shows!

45. Love them all except Madame Secretary. Watched it at first but got bored. love the other three though!!!

46. Firelight19 says:

Yay for Scorpion and Stalker! Couldn’t care less about the others.

47. Stephenie says:

Wow, CBS actually got something right for once.

48. Deion says:

I was get to getting scared about Stalker. Great news.

49. Julio says:

Stalker is literally my most anticipated show to watch every Wednesday. I haven’t been this excited to watch a show since BSG was on tv.