Exclusive

The Voice Season 7 Knockout Pairings (and Song Choices) Revealed!

The Voice - Season 7

The forecast for Monday and Tuesday’s installment of The Voice (8/7c on NBC) calls for jaw-dropping singing with a high chance of unbearable tension.

Yep, the Season 7 Knockout Rounds are nigh, and TVLine has the exclusive on who’s going head-to-head — and what each hopeful will sing.

Not only that, but we’ve got first-look photos of 12 Knockout performances in the gallery below!

Here’s the skinny:

TEAM ADAM
Alessandro Castronova (“Next to Me” by Emile Sande) Vs. Mia Pfirrman (“Human” by Christina Perri)

Chris Jamison (“[Sittin on] the Dock of the Bay” by Otis Redding) Vs. Blessing Offor (“Your Body Is a Wonderland” by John Mayer)

Damien (“How Do I Live” by LeAnn Rimes) Vs. Toia Jones (“Crazy in Love” by Beyoncé)

Matt McAndrew (“Drops of Jupiter” by Train) Vs. Rebekah Samarin (“You Give Me Something” by James Morrison)

TEAM BLAKE
Allison Bray (“Sin Wagon” by Dixie Chicks) Vs. Taylor Brashears (“Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac)

Grant Ganzer (“Apologize” by One Republic) Vs. Reagan James (“Hit ‘Em Up Style” by Blu Cantrell)

James David Carter (“You’ve Got a Friend” by James Taylor) Vs. Griffin (“As Long as You Love Me” by Justin Bieber)

Jessie Pitts (“Your Song” by Elton John) Vs. Tanner Linford (“Calling All Angels” by Train)

TEAM GWEN
Anita Antoinette (“Rude” by Magic) Vs. Craig Wayne Boyd (“Can’t You See” by Marshall Tucker Band)

Bryana Salaz (“Heart Attack” by Demi Lovato) Vs. Sugar Jones (“Love on Top” by Beyoncé)

Ryan Sill (“Miss Independent” by Ne-Yo) Vs. Beth Spangler (“Too Little Too Late” by JoJo)

Taylor John Williams (“Mad World” by Tears for Fears) Vs. Troy Ritchie (“Hey Ya!” by OutKast)

TEAM PHARRELL
DaNica Shirey (“Saving All My Love For You” by Whitney Houston) Vs. Katriz Trinidad (“Superwoman” by Alicia Keys)

Elyjuh Rene (“With You” by Chris Brown) Vs. Ricky Manning (“Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus)

Jean Kelley (“Chandelier” by Sia) Vs. Menlik Zergabachew (“Could You be Loved” by Bob Marley)

Luke Wade (“Rich Girl” by Hall & Oates) Vs. Taylor Phelan (“Rather Be” by Clean Bandit)

What do you think of the Knockout pairings? Which face-offs seem the most terrifyingly evenly-matched? (How did Pharrell put Luke vs. Taylor?) Which bout is most likely to result in a Steal? (Maybe Taylor Vs. Troy)? And finally, which song choices are most inspired (i.e. Troy) — and which are most inexplicable (um, Reagan)? Sound off below!

1. Evan says:

PHARRELL. WHY WHY WHY would you pair Luke and Taylor?!?! Fingers crossed one of them is stolen. In a season where very few contestants have stuck out so far, these ones were among the top tier for me.

2. Mike says:

3. Beth Spangler
    4. Troy Ritchie

TEAM PHARRELL
    Should WIN:
    1. Danica Shirey
    2. Elyjuh Rene
    3. Jean Kelley (Sorry, not really a fan of Menlik. I don’t see any potential growth.)
    4. Taylor Phelan
    Should be Stolen: Luke Wade AND Ricky Manning.

Any thoughts? :)

3. Deon says:

So happy The Knockouts are back!! That 2nd round of Battles last season was silly!

4. Emmy says:

My biggest fear was that Luke and Taylor would get paired together…Here’s hoping one of them is stolen…

5. Kaba says:

Should wins:
    Adam:Chris Matt Damien Mia (Toia stolen again imo)
    Blake: Reagan, Taylor, Jessie (no steals from this team..at all)
    Gwen: Troy, Anita, Briana, Beth (Taylor Stolen)
    Pharrel: Taylor (whyyyy pair him with Luke Pharrell, oh well), Elyjuh, Menlik, Katriz (Luke and…maybe DaNica being stolen, Ricky is a possibility too)

As for the song choices..
    2 Beyonce songs that I don’t condone the singing off..especially Sugar Joans’
    DaNica picked a boring song, so she must lose. I actually like the song Katriz picked

Otherwise I love the songs

• Adake says:

Kaba, I think James is the fourth winner on Blake’s team. I too think Mia will win on Adam’s team. Toia may beat Damien. I agree why pair Luke and Taylor. Saw the preview. Not sure who will win it but Adam ready to steal. Also, why pair Danica and Katriz?

• MC says:

I like the vast majority of these songs because they showcase a singer’s full potential. For instance, Jean Kelley will sink or swim with the challenging “Chandelier.” I hope the song brings the best out of her.

6. Jennie says:

Are the judges still picking the songs for the contestants, because some of these are odd and some are flat out wrong. A few of them, are cool choices.

Pairing Luke vs Taylor will probably equal automatic steal.

7. LA says:

Pretty sure Sugar was stolen by Pharrell.

8. Timmah says:

Looks like I’ve been bitten by the no-post bug now. Can we bring back the old message board?

9. Jeff Marley says:

Really hope Danica goes through!!! 😃😃😃 Or should get a steal at least

10. JW says:

I’m struck by the lack of interesting song choices. Not a particularly exciting group of singers this cycle.

11. Lloyd says:

Michael, it’s AlessandrA CastronovO, not Alessandro Castronova. Alessandro is a male name, not sure why people keep making this mistake.

12. Adam says:

My Picks/Predictions:

TEAM ADAM
    Alessandra Castronovo def. Mia Pfirrman
    Chris Jamison def. Blessing Offor
    Damien def. Toia Jones (Toia stolen by Pharrell)
    Matt McAndrew def. Rebekah Samarin

TEAM BLAKE
    Taylor Brashears def. Allison Bray
    Reagan James def. Grant Ganzer
    James David Carter def. Griffin
    Jessie Pitts def. Tanner Linford

TEAM GWEN
    Anita Antoinette def. Craig Wayne Boyd (Craig stolen by Blake)
    Bryana Salaz def. Sugar Joans
    Beth Spangler def. Ryan Sill
    Troy Ritchie def. Taylor John Williams

TEAM PHARRELL
    DaNica Shirey def. Katriz Trinidad
    Elyjuh Rene def. Ricky Manning
    Jean Kelley def. Menlik Zergabachew (Menlik stolen by Gwen)
    Taylor Phelan def. Luke Wade (Luke stolen by Adam)

Among the predicted losers, I really like Mia, Rebekah, and Ricky, but I just can’t see any of them winning.

• betsi says:

Pharrell is too in love with Katriz to let her go.

• Jeff Marley says:

Who knows, Pharrel also is a little obsessed with Danica. He Evan called her and Toia jones “Stars!” 😃

• Adam says:

Initially, I think, but his constant references to Katriz’s young age and inexperience make me think he would go with DaNica instead.
        I also have to say that the whole “Bryana Salaz def. Sugar Joans” thing could just be wishful thinking – I can’t stand Sugar’s voice, but Gwen seems to be in love, so who knows?

• Adake says:

Thanks for posting Adam – overall agree with you. I think Mia beats Alessandra and loser of DaNica vs Katriz might get steal over Menlik or Boyd by Blake just so he has someone other than country singers.

13. betsi says:

I was beginning to think Pharrell’s “smarts” are a little over rated when he couldn’t pick a song that would make a talent like Maiya Sykes shine. Well, I rest my case with the Luke and Taylor pairing. It is going to look so bad for Mr. Producer Of The Year when he lets either Luke or Taylor go and, whoever he lets go of, gets stolen (which will definitely happen), and then wins or even just ranks better than the one he kept. OMG! he is going to look dumb dumb dumb dumb. I hope for his sake he makes a smart decision.

14. shannon says:

My predictions: team Adam wins: matt mia chris damien team blake: taylor reagan james carter tanner team gwen: taylor bath anita bryana teampharrell: danica elyjuh luke and taylor phelan who is my favorite well be stolen by Adam and that suck cuz i dont like Adam

15. shannon says:

Oh yeah and mamlik well still be on team pharrel

16. Puzzled says:

You all do realize I hope that Pharrell has many great singers. The only way for all of them to get to the live shows is for him to let a few go in knockouts and be stolen. I am sure the producers whispered that in is ear and helped with the pairings!!!

17. JM says:

There are only a few singers that I like so why???
    Luke vs. Taylor
    Anita vs. Craig

These are the two pairings I’m most worried about.

Also, what was Reagan thinking with that song choice? But I guess it’s more interesting than some of the others (Beyonce-yawn).

18. Jed says:

Uhmm, I love how the coaches choose their pairings in their respective teams and I feel this somewhat excitement. Of all the four coaches, I pick Team Gwen, since I’ve noticed Gwen Stefani’s commitment and dedication to win this season.

The ones should win are Anita Antoinette, Sugar Jones, Beth Spangler, and Taylor John Williams. They have this potential and determination to win this season.

19. Static says:

Taylor John seems to have a penchant for picking songs that have been slayed on singing shows, which doesn’t bode well. Heartless (Kris & Dia), Jolene (Vicci, and arguably Jessica Meuse), and now Mad World? I’m waiting to see his inevitable Stuff Like That There or Lovesong in the lives, ha.

20. Alexander Jeffrey Aerni says:

Still waiting to hear someone sing a song by my all-time favorite artist, Elvis Costello! Reality TV shows like The Voice and American Idol seriously need to do more of his songs, IMHO.

21. Andres says:

After seeing these pairs, it is safe to say that i am scared that some of the good people are going to leave this early in the competition. I am also scared for some of these song choices like hit em up style and as long as you love me.( seriously Reagan and Griffin -_-) I am also really excited about troy and his Hey Ya! It matches his personality really well.

22. Jacqueline says: