Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, White Collar, Once, Haven, Supernatural, Arrow, Beast and More

White Collar Final Season Spoilers

Who on Castle might have a very merry Christmas? How will White Collar say goodbye? Is a Haven hook-up ahead? What happens to the Arrow on The Flash? Is a Beauty-ful family expanding? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

I saw on Twitter that you got the White Collar final season premiere. Anything you could share? — Katie H.
I can share that the final-season storyline, as laid out in the first episode (airing Nov. 6), is pretty damn nifty – a specific, final gambit with enormous stakes all involved, including on the personal front. The highly unexpected return of Ross McCall’s Keller (grrr) only adds to the mercuric, unpredictable nature of this ambitious con. Also: Great fun in Episode 2, where Peter and Neal must pose as father and son; damn if Tim DeKay doesn’t sell it. (That said, someone should have reminded me that plowing through the first two episodes would mean I’m already one-third through the farewell run!)

Anything about Elizabeth Burke on White Collar? –Wahiba
She is still very much D.C.-bound as the season opens, with her and Peter dedicated to managing the medium-distance relationship. Until something rather unanticipated happens.

Anything about Castle Episode 10? We know that is Christmas-related and is written by Chad and Dara Creasey, but do you have other news? –Nancy
A source tells me that in that episode, against the backdrop of the most wonderful time of the year, Esposito and Lanie will “navigate a defining moment in their relationship.” I hear goosebumps forming out there!

Will The Flash‘s Iris Allen hail from the 31st Century like she does in the comic books? –Michael
I am unable to speak to that specifically, but series lead Grant Gustin confirmed during our visit to the set, “Time travel will be a part of the show” — and seemingly at Barry’s own, inadvertent doing. “The first time it happens, I think it’s an accident, and that’s going to be fun to play with,” he said. “I’m looking forward to that.”

Do you have anything that is coming up for The Flash? – Andy
If you fear that Dr. Wells learned nothing from the Ghostbusters, you would be correct. “There will be more characters [going] into the metahuman prison” located within S.T.A.R. Labs, Gustin says, “and there’s a possibility things could go wrong with that.” Sigh, no one listens to William Atherton.

Do you have any scoop on either The Vampire Diaries or Haven? –lilslim
Haven it is! If this photo that I shared with you recently didn’t already tip you off, let me spell it out for you: Laura Mennell’s CDC scientist (debuting on Halloween) will have a bit of a romance with Dwight. But any sparks might be doused should Dwight discover a secret the doc is hiding…. (Reminder: Haven now airs Fridays at 7/6c.)

How will The Flash play into Arrow Recap Oliver Kills Tommythe Arrow plot and vice versa? —Lindsay
If you’re talking about the Episodes 8, two-night crossover, Stephen Amell shared that one of the biggest moments for the Arrow actually occurs during the Flash hour. The nature of that scene, however, remains a well-guarded secret. “I can’t tell you anything about it other than it relates to Central City — and when I saw it in the Flash script, it ended up being actually quite gratifying,” he shared. “[Director of photography] Glen Winter said it was his favorite thing I’ve been involved in so far on the show.”

Once Upon a Time‘s Regina and Robin are said to be soul mates, and as we know soul mates tend to have a deep connection. Will that connection be explored? –Ana
First, Regina needs to recover from the thief’s declaration of love, which despite the smile she met it with is perhaps the last thing she needed to hear. “It complicates everything,” Lana Parrilla notes. “It’s easy if he says, ‘I’m an honorable man. I have to stay with my wife.’ As hard as that is to hear, it’s also what she admires about him. But when he says, ‘I love you and I know I should be doing the right thing but my heart lies elsewhere,’ even though Mary Margaret and Henry say, ‘This is something to celebrate,’ Regina doesn’t see it that way. She finds it harder to walk away from him knowing what he feels about her.”

Loved, loved this week’s Supernatural,Paper Moon can you tell me what’s next? –Mae
The next episode, “Paper Moon,” brings back Kate the werewolf for a specific, thematic reason, says writer Adam Glass. “Her experience, as great Monster of the Week episodes always do, reflects basically where the boys are at emotionally right now. So it will be them looking at themselves in the mirror through Kate and what’s happening in her experience.” Explaining the decision to revisit the lady lycanthrope, Glass says that when viewers last saw Kate, in Season 8’s “Bitten,” “It was like The Incredible Hulk, which was pretty cool, as she’s walking off. And I think everybody in the writers room was like, ‘What happened to Kate? What is her next move?’ So the idea of bringing her back is just tremendous.”

Earlier in the year, it was said that Spike TV was developing a scripted series based on Stephen Frey’s financial world-themed thrillers. The reports were that Julian McMahon (Nip/Tuck) was going to be an executive producer and possibly star of it. Any word on its status? –Linda
A Spike TV spokesperson confirms that said series is still in development.

Any new spoilers for Beauty and the Beast Episode 6? –Stephanie
For that episode, titled “Chasing Ghosts,” the CW series is seeking Asian actresses in their 40s/50s to play Cat’s two aunts. Lily is the no-nonsense one out to get the 411 on her niece’s rugged roommate Vincent, while Claire is the more sensitive “family peacekeeper.”

Real questions, real answers. If you need the Inside Line on a favorite show, email reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. DarkDefender says:

Esplainie engagement?

• georgiamadman says:

Thinking more like Esplainie pregnancy.

• Daniela says:

How can Esplanie be pregnant if they don’t even have a relationship. Must be a miracle birth or something.

• Miss Rozie says:

In the first episode of this season, there was a scene that it was mentioned, that in light of what happened to Castle & how short life can possibly be, they got back together again, not that we have really seen them together in subsequent episodes – not a fan of “glossing over” a fact that has been established. Why can’t we Castle fans have seen Lanie/Esposito getting back together again, I think it would have been a really sweet moment. Not every scene needs to be about Kate and/or Rick. I really hope it’s an engagement engagement & NOT a pregnancy announcement but that’s just my opinion.

• Josie says:

Does anyone really care about Esplanie? I like her in scenes with Kate but he’s become a real jerk the last few seasons and they have zero chemistry. Looking forward to a good Casketty Christmas show, not an ep with the snooze worthy non couple Esplanie (even their couple name lacks zest).

• Jo says:

Snooze. To me, this ship has sailed looooong ago. Annoying how the show is trying to bring esplanie back. I actually don’t care about these two. I care more about Ryan and Jenny, but the show’s been glossing over them, which is unfortunate.

And to Daniela: you must missed the fact that they’ve been sleeping together once in a while in earlier seasons.

• Daniela says:

That was earlier seasons though. If they wanted her to be pregnant they would have done it a long time ago. They keep trying to get them together but in a sense you are also right, we never see them together maybe they are together off screen. It just seems like those two are never together long enough to get her pregnant. Lets see them have a relationship first.

• Rich Abey says:

Maybe, maybe not. Anyway the duo are due for some big story-line given the paucity of personal info we get on them. Like just show them on a fun night out the day before Christmas (leading into that defining moment). We know that the Creasey couple are pretty good at writing relationship-heavy episodes…so expecting something exciting on Esplainie for a change!

2. Bonnie Maynes says:

I wish it wasn’t the final season of white collar. The episodes sound great. I think Neal really loves being a conman and doing cons with Mozzie. I don’t think he wants to change that. I hope we get a happy ending for each and every character.

3. Julio says:

OutlawQueen finally…

4. Thank you for something about Regina and Robin <3

5. Yet says:

Hope Lanie and Espo have Christmas with The Castle’s.

6. Jared says:

Cant wait for BATB to return!

7. Lisa says:

…and that’s why i dont think Robin Hood is an honorable man anymore. It was more difficult to dislike outlaw queen when he was a good man.
    Now i think he’s a j*rk and i have no remorse.

• Ash says:

Or maybe he is just a human being. I don’t know about you, but in my experience humans are flawed and they make mistakes and even more so if emotions are involved. But if I think you are who I think you are I’m not surprised by your post. ;)

• Nikki says:

How exactly is he a jerk? It’s not like he cheated on his wife. His wife was DEAD, for many years and he fell in love with Regina. When his wife came back, he left Regina, and even now, when Marian is a popsicle, neither Robin, nor Regina are acting on their feelings. He said that “he’s in love with someone else” to Regina because “True Love’s Kiss” didn’t work on Marian- which isn’t his fault at all.

8. I can’t wait to see what happened in the Flash/Arrow crossover. I hope that Gorilla Grodd will appear in future episode. I hope that Iris indeed came from the 31st Century. I can’t wait to learn if Iris’s mother is still alive.

9. Please don’t waste my time with Esposito and Lanie. There has been no exposition on these characters and I just don’t care. Maybe instead tell me why Esposito has been such a jerk to Castle for the last two seasons. It has made his character very dis-likable.

10. anna says:

matt, what episode of batb is that? 6?

11. Isobel says:

Well Arrow’s kid is in central city, but that maybe too early to bring up again

• Lysh says:

Oh yeah, I can’t wait for that storyline to reappear.

• pem says:

Yup. I think if def has something to do w/the kid. SA said at one of his CC’s that the idea of “how” to reintroduce the baby mama was his—so that’s most likely why what he read in the script was “very gratifying”.

12. Giulia says:

Robin and Regina really need to be together, they belong.

13. Ash says:

Outlaw Queen scoop from Lana Parrilla herself, wooohoo! Thank you for this, Matt. You’re the bestest.

14. Jay says:

Robin should be with the woman he loves, he loves Regina he should stay with her, he can not live forever tied to a code and the past

15. Mary says:

Thanks for OutawQueen scoop

16. onelastemperor says:

“I can’t tell you anything about it other than it relates to Central City”
    Baby Arrow!!!!

17. Jiminy says:

Gee, something “unanticipated” changes things for Elizabeth and Peter in White Collar? Wonder if it will involve morning sickness and cravings.

18. Kira says:

Not gonna lie, I’m hope Peter and Elizabeth have a baby. I think they would make great parents and I would love to see a little Burke running around!!!

19. F says:

Sorry, but who really, REALLY cares about Esplanie now?

20. Jennifer says:

Great response from Lana but now I’m even more disappointed the Regina/Snow scene was cut last week. Robin is doing the exact same thing as season one David Nolan. What’s interesting is Robin and Charming are both men of honor but Cursed!David represented the worst of him.

• Bella says:

I don’t think it’s the same situation as in season 1. David Nolan had an affair with Mary Margaret behind his wife’s back, went on secret romantic dates with her, wrote both women Valentine’s Days cards, and played them both. (And yes, he did so partly because he was cursed and the curse highlighted David’s weaknesses and gave him wrong memories.)

I don’t think Robin’s close to that level. He and Regina stayed away from each other until Marian got frozen and the true love’s kiss didn’t wake her. Maybe Robin should have kept it to himself why he thinks it didn’t work, but then maybe he would have felt guilty if the others had chased after ways the could get the ice from blocking his TLK or whatever. We’ll see how it goes in the next episodes between him and Regina. But so far I really don’t think it’s the same situation.

I hope ABC releases the deleted scene. It’s an important one and they really should have kept it.

• Lily says:

Robin stayed away from Regina, because it was only two days. @Jennifer is right…. what he is doing, is exactly like what David did, back in Season 1. It is not honorable to stay in a marriage, if you are unhappy. Robin Hood is ruining everyone’s, especially his wife’s, chance at happiness.

• River says:

Hardly anyone’s fault that Snow Queen turned Marian into a popsicle briefly after she got back tho. Can’t blame Robin for not asking Rumplegold for help, but turning to Regina instead. As long as Marian’s still frozen solid they’re all stuck in limbo, like Bella says. What happens when she’s back to normal is what matters. RH should tell her the truth about his feelings then.

• anonymous says:

Sorry but what David did was not actually cheating considering Snow is actually his wife not freaking Katherine. People need to stop referring to that as an affair. You can’t have an affair with your own wife. His “marriage” to Katherine wasn’t real. Think what you want about Robin/Regina but David is not a cheater and it’s really not that similar of a situation.

21. Guest says:

Thanks for the Haven scoop! Such an underrated show :/ so sad..I’m still scared it’s getting the axe after this season ends but at least it’s an extended season if that’s the case. Dwight needs some lovin so let’s hope her secrets aren’t to bad! Wishing Jennifer was back since my duke/Audrey ship is completely dead. Duke needs a lady too and please if you do don’t let it be psycho Mara! Haha
    Yay castle and once scoop too! Thanks Tvline!

22. JimC says:

Matt….nicely played with the Ghostbusters references. Does anyone play a weasel better than William Atherton?

23. Georgie says:

It sucks that Boardwalk Empire is ending for good this weekend and there are no spoilers or articles being written about it. In fact i havent seen anything written about Boardwalk from Tv line this whole season. What gives?

24. lqza says:

The first two episodes of the last series of Haven were so boring, I have not watched since. Shame, cos I loved the series before.

• tigersmurfette says:

it gets better(ish). still not what it was, but theres hope. plus, the body swap episodes were pretty funny.

25. Angela says:

I am very excited for BATB to return as well. Do we have to wait for summer of 2015 or can we hope for January/ February?

26. kate says:

lanie and esposito are a giant waste of time. if anything big happens with them it’s basically just a joke at this point. booooooo.

27. Nancy Ehll says:

missed franklin & bash finally,can you tell me something about it.

28. aurat22 says:

Thank You Matt. Glad to hear the project with Julian McMahon is still being developed. I do hope he stars in it. He’s too talented not to be on the screen, and IMHO, these days the better roles are on TV.

29. monica91 says:

“She finds it harder to walk away from him knowing what he feels about her.”
    thank you for giving us something about Robin and Regina

31. Tammy Ortzman says:

I don’t care about Esplainie. They have zero chemistry. Funny that now he’s supposedly in a relationship with Lanie he still flirts with Tory the tech girl. Why is he such a dick to Castle all the time? It’s made me really dislike him.

32. Tammy Ortzman says:

Please no Esplainie pregnancy before a Caskett one.

33. Scotty says:

I think the SPN writers are the only ones who were wondering what happened to Kate. LOL!

• Cheryl says:

I agree with you Scotty the writers are probably the only ones who care. Especially since that episode with kate barely had the brothers in it Which wasn’t a bad episode and I did like her character and that last shot with her walking on the tracks was sweet. But we have missed our boys being together for far too long always some oversized drama between that and we need to get off that soap opera loop and see out boys healing and close and fighting evil side by side like the early seasons Which the majority of fans are yearning for That the Very Special Supernatural Special was saying loud and clear is where we were headed back to

• I can safely say that Kate, or anything to do with the episode “Bitten,” was at the very bottom of my wish list for things I’d like to see again on Supernatural.

I might like the episode if they have Dean MoC-out and kill her off, though.

34. Cheryl says:

I think this episode of Supernatural might have something to do with that little teaser jensen tweeted “Cat and Mouse” As thats how I saw the brothers when Demon Dean was hunting Sam in “Soul Survivor”

35. SANDY says:

anything on Reign about Mary?

36. Nina says:

Sad how OUAT has become just another soap opera!! People arguing about love triangles! It used to he our family show now we all are bored as hell and the shippers are taking over with their stupid joint nicknames and shipper wars. *SMH*. I love Anna and her storyline. Couldn’t care less about Emma & Regina’s love life.

White Collar final season storyline sounds awesome!

37. david says:

Matt, nobody listens to William Atherton because, “Yes your honor, that man had no d*ck.”

38. Shelley says:

Thank you for the scoop on The Flash and Arrow. Sounds cool.

39. Joe E Dangerously says:

Of course there’s going to be some kind of prison break under STAR Labs. Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell will be down there soon. What do you expect?

And to drive the point home, the two Rogues in question, Captain Cold and Heatwave, will be teaming up. I believe in episode nine, right after the crossover. So unless Captain Cold doesn’t end up in that makeshift prison at the end of next week’s episode he’s getting out.

40. Theresa says:

I havew always liked the character of Lanie on Castle…..It would be interesting to see how the writers set it up……

41. Lori Anderson says:

I know episode 6 of Castle is the wedding. Am I right?

42. Briggs says:

It’s about time Esplanie got something of a happy ending. After being the ‘problem couple’ for Castle for so long, it was bound to happen sometime. I’m excited.
    I figure the mid-season finale or the season finale will be the time they’ll break everyone out. They *do* need something big, though I’m thinking it’s the season fnale, seeing as we know the Flash people are bringing back the Clock King for the crossover.
    If the plot isn’t about Oliver’s child, I’ll be surprised. Felicity’s reaction will be interesting, seeing as her father abandoned her at a young age. Not that Oliver did that, he was shipwrecked, but any decision he makes could affect their relationship, for better or worse.