TVLine Items: Courtney Love Joins Empire, a Buffy Halloween and More

Courtney Love Empire

Courtney Love might just find nirvana on Fox’s Empire.

The singer/actress will recur on the upcoming music-themed drama as Elle Dallas, a hard rock powerhouse who is part of Empire Entertainment’s stable of artists.

Love recently appeared on FX’s Sons of Anarchy.

Empire is slated to debut in January.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Lifetime has ordered the six-episode limited series Lizzie Borden: The Fall River Chronicles, a continuation of its original movie Lizzie Borden Took An Ax. The film starred Christina Ricci as the notorious murderer; Ricci and Clea DuVall, who played Lizzie’s sister Emma, will reprise their roles.

* Pivot will air “A Very Buffy Halloween” marathon the week of Monday, Oct. 27. Each day’s run of episodes will begin at 5/4c and will follow a theme: “Monday Sucks “ (Oct. 27), “Eve of the Demons” (Oct. 28), “Witchy Wednesday” (Oct. 29), “Thursday Unleashed” (Oct. 30). The Friday block kicks off at 10 am with “Classic Monsters” and concludes with the show’s top Halloween episodes.

* Silicon Valley has added Rebecca Creskoff (Hung) as a series regular for Season 2, our sister site Deadline reports. She will play Laurie Bream, an executive at the start-up company.

* Fox has ordered four additional scripts for its new drama Red Band Society, Deadline reports.

* Devious Maid Ana Ortiz will visit ABC’s black-ish, guest-starring as one of Dre’s (Anthony Anderson) co-workers who becomes an adversary at the office Christmas party, per The Hollywood Reporter.

1. Ray says:

Too bad Pivot only airs in SD with abysmal picture quality.

• Vlada Gelman says:

They actually started airing Buffy from the beginning in HD this summer.

• Ray says:

Thanks for the edification. Just another HD channel I don’t have in my package, although I do have the SD one (just like WGN America). Verizon FiOS is the worst.

2. Tran says:

Hope people could binge watched Buffy on Halloween.

3. westwingwolf says:

There are only 3 episodes of Buffy that specifically focus on Halloween. Can there really be top Halloween episodes if they play all 3?

4. dude says:

ABC is really committed to Ana Ortiz. She’s guested on Revenge, How to Get Away with Murder and now black-ish all in the past year. Obviously she has a deal with them but still, I’m half expecting her to turn up as Rayna’s new rival on Nashville and Firebird on Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD.

• Bryce says:

She’s great too. I miss her as Hilda though. Everything else just seems watered down, though I haven’t watched Devious Maids.

5. Eric says:

The additional scripts for Red Band Society is reassuring, but I won’t consider it safe any time soon. It truly is a lovely little show though, and I hope that those scripts make it to screen.

6. thisismenow says:

So the Buffy schedule sounds like a weekly schedule here. I have watched that series far too many times over the years.

7. Babybop says:

I’m surprised they ordered more Red Band Society considering its ratings. I like the show – I don’t love it – but I’ll give it time to improve.

• Moment says:

More scripts ordered for a low rated show means absolutely nothing. The chance of those scripts being turned into episodes is extremely low.

8. Moment says:

I’m looking forward to Empire, I think it will do well for Fox. Also NBC has some decent shows waiting for mid season that will also do pretty good. Honestly I think NBC will have a good year.

9. Jared says:

RBS does have a great cast which is probably the only reason I still keep watching hoping it will get better..but something tells me it wont. Realistically what type of ratings did Fox expect for a series like this?

• Moment says:

The way Fox is now, if the show pulled anything on or around a 1.4 on average it likely would have got a full season order.

10. Lizo says:

I LOVED the Lizzie Borden movie. It was excellent; just the whole thing I couldn’t get enough of. Very excited for more!!

11. Lovely says:

Ho hum. So, they take off Honey Boo Boo and stick another amateur on T.V. The only reason Courtney is getting attention is because producers know they’ll get free promo from her when Soaked In Bleach premieres soon. Somebody isn’t going to be too popular when it opens. Jez’ sayin…