Sleepy Hollow's Founding Mother Is... Buffy Vet Michelle Trachtenberg!

Sleepy Hollow Season 2 Cast Michelle Trachtenberg

We’ve met Sleepy Hollow‘s versions of historical figures like George Washington and Ben Franklin; now the Fox drama is about to remember the ladies.

Michelle Trachtenberg has been cast as founding mother Abigail Adams, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The Buffy the Vampire vet will play the First Lady — her husband was John Adams, America’s second president — in an upcoming episode.

In addition to being the second FLOTUS, Abigail was mother to future President John Quincy Adams and an early advocate of equal rights for women.

In typical Sleepy fashion, we’ll learn that Abigail had a secret life that involved Katrina Crane. (Ooh, maybe Mrs. Adams hung out with the Sisterhood of the Radiant Heart from time to time?)

Trachtenberg’s TV resume also includes stints on Gossip Girl, Weeds, Criminal Minds and NCIS: Los Angeles. She recently played Marina Oswald in National Geographic Channel’s Killing Kennedy.

Sleepyheads, what say you about this casting? Hit the comments with your snappy judgments!

1. Ali Tuñón says:

Good choice Michelle…continued success 👍‼️

• Anthony J Trimboli Howard Beach, NYC says:

odd, if you are referring to Michelle Trachtenberg in this, she has no credit saying MICHELLE TRACHTENBERG in the beginning. Was she that girl who was sickly and on the ground but that was not Abagail Adams. I do not think she played in this tonight. Proabably in January she will begin.

2. Lealia Smith says:

Ugh, I love Abigail Adams and was so excited until – Katrina. Why? Why show? Why must Katrina tarnish everything!

• Angela says:

Well, considering Katrina’s married to one of the main characters, it would kind of make sense that she’d have to be part of the storyline at some point, right?
      I’m intrigued by this story idea. If Ichabod’s had all these connections to notable male figures of history, it’ll be interesting to see the parallel with Katrina having connections to notable female figures, and how they’re similar or different from Ichabod’s.
      Anyway, I like Michelle in what I’ve seen with her (even if she did play a psycho stalker who left my favorite character in a state of emotional devastation on “Criminal Minds” :p), so I look forward to this.

• chaouad says:

Katrina is about to slay, i can feel it.

• Mary Ann says:

I so agree! Everything sounded so good – until the “had a secret life that involved Katrina” bit. Sorry, but I am sick to death of the Katrina storyline. I was thrilled last episode when Ichabod figured Katrina for a liar and withholding secrets from him. ‘Bout time! Perhaps Ms. Adams will reveal more of the real Katrina and Abraham will do his bonding ritual at last!!

• Angela says:

I honestly don’t get what people want when it comes to Katrina nowadays. For the longest time I’ve been hearing fans complain about how “boring” she is and how they wish the show would do more with her character. Now they’re trying to, and people are complaining about that. Eh?
        She’s the wife of one of the main characters. Unless the show kills her off, she’s going to have to be involved in the storylines at some point, as well as have some of her own.

3. dragons3 says:

Interesting casting. I’ll have to wait to see how she handles the part before I decide if I like it. She’s a decent actress, but the show’s take on other historical figures has been interesting, to say the least.

4. I can’t wait to see Ms. Michelle Trachtenberg’s role on Sleepy Hollow. I hope that she will make several episode in the series.

5. Alichat says:

My geeky worlds are colliding again…….first Fringe…..now Buffy……gah!!!!

6. Babybop says:

Awesome! I love her!

7. KC says:

Katrina?! Again?!

8. Matt C. says:

Awesome news! I hope she becomes a recurring character though. It would be a shame to cast an actress as awesome as Michelle Trachtenberg for only one episode!

9. Carla Krae says:

John and Abigail were very much in love. I recommend reading the letters they wrote to each other.

10. Nate says:

Oh hell ya

11. AlwaysSeethersGirl says:

SWEET!!! That is fantastic news. Love Michelle Trachtenberg, and love Sleepy Hollow. Tom Mison and Nicole Beharie, and Lyndie Greenwood, too, have made these characters so genuine it has made a great show brilliant. Oh and we are huge John Noble fans so this has become a very special show for my husband and me!

12. xx says:

“Ooh, maybe Mrs. Adams hung out with the Sisterhood of the Radiant Heart from time to time?”
    Ah, maybe Willow and Tara taught Dawn magic after all.

13. Melony Moore says:

I am a BTVS fanatic – Dawn not so much so Michelle T. as a character? I’ll give her a chance. #sleepyhollow

14. We love her in this house ever since Harriet the Spy ;) Great casting!

15. Dj says:

This is disappointing. Only because they are going to waste Michelle Trachtenberg in flashbacks which means she is only going to do one episode.

16. chellbell30 says:

I think it is a great idea. She is such a star and could ad some spunk to my FAVORITE prime time show ever!!!

17. Anthony J Trimboli Howard Beach, NYC says:

yes, that is funny. Did Michelle Trachtenberg play in this episode or maybe it is coming up? Nope, she had no credit at the beginning. Was she the girl in this episode who was like sickly and on the ground with stomach problems??? Did she play another name? Probably she will be on the next season or something. I saw no Abagail Adams in this but there was no “MICHELLE TRACHTENBERG” credit in the beginning.

18. Michelle Trachtenberg is one of my favorite actresses! Hope she becomes a regular, though I know that’s unlikely considering she’ll be in the flashbacks.