TVLine Items: Housewives Star Joins Good Witch, Chrisley Renewed & More

James Denton The Good Witch

Former Desperate Housewives star James Denton is reclaiming his hunky neighbor status with a co-starring role on Hallmark Channel’s upcoming series The Good Witch.

RELATED Scoop: Desperate Housewives Alumna Eva Longoria Joins Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Denton will play a doctor and single dad who moves in next to Cassie (star Catherine Bell), our sister site Deadline reports, and it sounds like she won’t be able to keep her secret from him for long.

Based on Hallmark’s Good Witch films — the seventh installment airs Oct. 25 — the 10-episode series will follow the exploits of Cassie Nightingale, a beautiful sorceress living in the town of Middleton. Bailee Madison (Trophy Wife) is also a series regular.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Syfy’s Z Nation has been renewed for a second season.

* Pitbull will host the 2014 Billboard Music Awards, airing Nov. 23 on ABC.

* USA Network has ordered a 12-episode third season of Chrisley Knows Best. Additionally, a holiday special will air in December.

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, which opened to underwhelming box-office numbers in 2013, is being repackaged as a TV series, according to Deadline. Ed Decter (UnforgettableThe Client List) has been named showrunner, though no network is attached to the project.

1. colleen says:

So is USA in or out of the reality game? I saw they are burning off the episodes of Partner and Crime which made me think they were going to the way of AMC and now this renewal

2. SAM says:

So, is this series going to be written as if the events in the movies didn’t take place?

3. HAP says:

Chrisley ranks right down there at the bottom of the worst garbage on TV.

4. Viv says:

A Mortal Instrument SERIES? Well, there are more than enough books out there, that´s for sure. I was fairly disappointed by the movie (and that´s despite Aidan Turner playing my second favourite book character) … that said: I´m all in if they can make it better than the movie (that shouldn´t be hard…).

• Ray says:

I must’ve been one of the few people that enjoyed the movie. I was very much looking forward to the rumored sequel, which is now probably dead. However, I never read the book series. I thought it was miles ahead of Beautiful Creatures which was really dull. And this is coming from someone who relishes anything with witches.

• Tai says:

You’re not alone. I actually enjoyed the movie too. Never read the books but I decided to get on that since it looked like the sequel wasn’t happening. I think I’m kind of excited about it being a tv show. I feel like there is enough material there and mythology to make a really interesting show. Then again, I liked the movie. So what do I know. Lol

5. Lenore says:

Arguably one of the most preferred color for leather settees, brown can be
    a hit simply because it’s basically a neutral colour that matches countless other colours.

Besides the important techniques discussed above, you should also remember to keep the region clutter free as you
    would for any other important room of the house.

To improve the appearance of your living room, go for a leather sofa.

6. Jan says:

Does this mean we won’t be seeing Bailee on The Fosters anymore? Raises lots of questions about that show.

7. I know everyone remembers him from Desperate Housewives, but for me, he will always be the creepy Mr. Lyle from The Pretender.

8. Joey says:

I can’t believe there are actual human beings that really exist that watch the Chrisleys.

• Sheila says:

Ugh! I have to mute the TV during commercials on USA to avoid hearing his awful hick voice piercing the air!

• JBC says:

I mute too if commercials with Chrisley comes on.. I rarely watch USA anymore except an episode of SVU once and a while. Once White Collar comes back, I will watch the final 6 episodes, but that looks to be about all I am interested in on that network now. . It is hard to believe the network prefers the fake Chrisley show and orders a 3rd season but wouldn’t even give WC a real final season..I wonder if Graceland is history now since no news of renewal yet.

• Fall says:

Right, and just think about those who tuned in to watch Duck Dynasty, people really love junk.

9. Edward says:

TVLINE I think you meant Pitbull will host the American Music Awards not the Billboard Music Awards.