Exclusive

Bones' 200th Episode Premise Revealed (and It's Pretty Freakin' Cool)

Bones 200th Episode

Bones is commemorating its upcoming 200th episode the old fashioned way — with an Alfred Hitchcock homage!

TVLine has learned exclusively that the milestone outing — directed by series star David Boreanaz — will find Booth and Brennan starring in their very own ’50s thriller inspired by the Master of Suspense.

“It’s not an alternate reality, it’s as if Booth and Brennan existed in this world — would they still get together?” explains exec producer Stephen Nathan, who penned the episode. “Everyone is sort of playing their own characters.”

And “everyone” includes the show’s primary cast as well a number of recurring favorites (specific names are TBD as scheduling gets worked out).

“It’s going to be a huge episode,” Nathan declares. “There are vintage cars, different sets and all those old processed shots they did in the 50s. It’s going to be a Technicolor spectacular.”

The special hour, titled “The 200th in the 10th,” is set to air Thursday, Dec. 11 (8/7c on Fox).

1. Donna says:

Is this the 200th episode or the 201? Because they screwed up the 150 by not including the Finder episode in the total.

2. DirgeNovak says:

I hope Eric Millegan can be there. I’ve missed him on this show.

3. nikki says:

I would love to see Zach (also Sweets).

• madbengalsfan85 says:

It’s already been confirmed Zack isn’t coming back, and I read somewhere that JFD wasn’t going to be available for the 200th so that’s out too.

4. John Moshier says:

they kinda did it on castle

5. Deborah says:

They were going to do something like this 3/4 years ago but had to shelve the idea when Fringe did something similar. There has probably been enough time passed since then to actually do this type of episode. I wonder who they will manage to get back on the show ( not Zack thank God LOL!! ) Cyndi Lauper or Stephen Fry perhaps? I’m looking forward to it as reaching 200 episodes is not to be sneezed at in this day and age. Well done Bones

• A says:

yep, wasnt that season 4 or 5 that they wanted to do this type of ep and kinda got blindsided that Fringe beat them to it?… I think its an awesome idea, cool to do something different for a huge milestone ep.

6. Maxine says:

Can’t wait for this with Daivd directing we are in for a treat.My opinion on Zach is that he has been gone from the show for so long now i really don’t think he would have a place in the 200th.

7. Fall says:

Wow! Can’t wait, Zzzz! This show has played it’s last hand, go away.

8. BonesGirl29 says:

People, stop with Zack already.

I would love to see Mather Zickel /Aldo/. He was fantastic.

9. 1mars says:

I’m confused, so Booth and Brennan arent together in this ep? While I like to think they would always find each other, I just dont want to go down the “will they, wont they” road again.

10. skrable2 says:

I’m not particularly fanatical about having the Zach character return, but when the producers say they will try to get as many former cast members to return and the actor himself has tweeted about still feeling a part of the Bones “world,” it sure seems odd to have such a blanket refusal as in the AA column last week.

It’s somehow going to be that disruptive to bring back the character for a one-off? And if they don’t, the Zach fanatics will continue to ask why not, and ask when he’ll be back.

• Simple ways to have a one-off says:

I agree, there’s been plenty of useless disruptive scenes in Bones but to bring back Zach in clever way for a one-off is too much? I just thought of it but during that whole Pelant or Gravedigger mess they could had Bones visit Zach and ask for advice. He probably would’ve believed her when everyone thought she was crazy. Or since Hodgins was the closest show that something he does in his off time once a year or when he needs guidance is go visit Zach.

11. Andrea Diaz says:

So cool-the 200th ep is going to air on my birthday-Dec. 11th. What a great birthday gift!

12. Tom Brundige says:

Sweets was the best part of the show.

13. Jooshua says:

I hope it’s as awesome as the ‘Psych’ Alfred Hitchcock episode.. ‘Mr. Yin Presents…’

14. Pedro Cortez says:

lol let’s not forget castle’s 100th episode was also a homage to Alfred Hitchcock.

15. dman6015 says:

I bet they figure out a way to get John Francis Daley into the storyline, since it’s the 50s and not present time.

16. queerbec says:

Didn’t I just see Brenden Fehr filming at Mount Rushmore? Wasn’t that Ryan O’Neal climbing up the stairs of that old mission near San Francisco? And that may explain why Zoey Deschanel was hanging around that jungle gym!

17. I just can’t imagine that they can get all that packed action in 45 minutes. This should be a 2 hr episode since it is such a GREAT Milestone for BONES. Which in your books is not considered an A type of Show. Dedicated FAN!

18. Eh, I am not really thrilled about these episodes that aren’t in “reality”. I would rather progress the story lines that are current with the characters I know and love.

• Betty says:

Don’t usually like retro episodes with any of my shows. But looking forward to bones
      200th episode. A great achievement!!!

19. Anardil says:

There wasn’t some ‘special episodes’ from the time Deschannel was pregnant to be released?

20. Deb says:

Haha, good call. I would love to see Zack make a cameo some day. Maybe write in an old case that he was part of and have Booth & Brennan go question him about it. Just a thought.

21. moran says:

This was a wonderful episode. What a wonderful idea…loved it.