The Lottery Cancelled by Lifetime

The Lottery Trailer

It’s egg-xactly as Dr. Alison Lennon feared: Lifetime has cancelled The Lottery after just one season.

RELATED Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

The sci-fi drama, which concluded its 10-episode run on Sept. 28, was set in a post-apocalyptic world where women suddenly found themselves unable to become pregnant.

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has been thusly updated.

Are you bummed about The Lottery‘s cancellation? Drop a comment with your reaction below.

1. joão says:

Hopefully this will be good news for Witches of East End

2. Missy Kelly says:

I didn’t even know this show was on until the 4th or 5th episode and didn’t have time to catch up. Hey, marketing people where did you advertise this?

3. Didn’t enjoy the pilot of this, so I didn’t stick with it.

Like joão and Andy, I am hoping WITCHES gets its well-deserved third-season order.`

• Bridget Hartwell says:

I agree they didnt advertise it enough. I think it was only advertised on lifetime, I saw the advertisment becuase I watch devious maids.

4. Beth says:

I felt my IQ drop by several points with every episode – I just couldn’t look away. Thank you Lifetime for saving me from myself.

5. Jan says:

I didn’t even know it existed!

6. chuckiechk says:

im gonna sound rude but I don’t mean too, I didn’t even know this was a show or even that it was on tv.

7. MarkC says:

Just finished watching this on DVR. Thought it was good. First time I ever watched anything on lifetime.

8. Meg says:

I can’t say I’m surprised. But I wish they had a better finale.

9. Jennifer says:

I can’t believe this got dropped! It was my favorite show! Producers should’ve gone with another network.

10. dan the critic says:

Of all the Sunday shows that I watch this was the lowest rated for me. OUAT, Falling Skies, The Last Ship, The Musketeers, The Strain, Revenge, etc were all better

11. JBC says:

I liked it. It was interesting and had some good actors in it. Sorry to see it go!

12. d says:

I liked this show and will sad to see it go.

13. Kevin McDermott says:

I liked the show, but felt the story had run it’s course. Couldn’t see where they could go.

14. Linda says:

No one expected this to be renewed. The writing was terrible and the ratings were horrible.

15. Maryann says:

Did this get any sort of ending? I need to decide whether to go back and watch it.

16. Nate says:

Just please please please renew Witches

17. Beneece says:

I am very disappointed to learn The Lottery has been canceled. I found the show to be intriguing and was looking forward to next season.

18. Dawn says:

While not the best show out there it had an interesting premise. I hope Lifetime will at least do a follow up movie to give it an ending.

19. jenna says:

loved the concept wasn’t so much a fan of the execution

20. Martoukian says:

A lot of people probably thought it was about a small town drawing lots to decide whom to stone to death.

21. cicapite namazza says:

I liked it but “the gustibus” or better “the money” decides if a show goes or not

22. ejdax37 says:

I liked this show, it was a good summer show. It really was on the wrong network though. I like Lifetime as much as the next network but high concept scifi is the first place I go to when I think of it. This is also why I hate getting in to new shows now I will never know the answers to the questions, I hate that!

• jackie says:

i agree I hate shows an the two that I do get into get canceled witch were this one n witches of east end I’m starting to hate lifetime honestly

23. L K Dev says:

I thought the Lottery was entertaining – I did catch all but one episode and the season ending would have brought me back to next season. I really hope Lifetime will do a movie to wrap all the unanswered questions – I hate being left in limbo.

24. Jeanette says:

I can’t believe lottery was cancelled I really liked that show. Please bring back the show lottery.

25. Steve says:

It might have stood a better chance if it was uploaded to On Demand regularly. We watch most things there and if it takes 3 weeks to show up or not at all it gets for gotten. We’re still waiting for episodes 8, 9 and 10 to show.

26. T says:

I liked it- Was a good late summer filler show- If it was on and competing with the fall shows not sure I would of watched it but once I started it Ifound it was enjoyable.

27. Tanie Bynaum says:

PLEASE BRING BACK THE LOTTERY!
    This was a great show! I think maybe it needs to be moved to a different station (like ABC, NBC, etc.) to attract more viewers. I have asked at least 20 people about the show, and they all pretty much have the same answer, “I’ve never heard of it.”

28. Bunkie McBride says:

I would have liked to see one more season. It could have geen wrapped up with just a few episodes.

The way it ended it’s obvious they knew they had been axed and finished it the best they could with the least loose ends.

Bunkie

29. Sergio says:

I’m so mad!!!! This show was so awesome and I can’t believe they cancelled it!!!!

30. Marie says:

I really liked this show. Looked forward to Sun evenings to watch how the story was unfolding. Even told friends to watch. Why are the good shows cancelled & the mediocre ones are left on.

31. Carmen says:

I loved this show..I will never get why it was axed! Not smart…I guess i will be skipping over the Lifetime channel!

32. candi says:

Second, only to devious maids, love this show

33. candi says:

Where’s my comment? Post or please delete my data

34. Theresa says:

Im soo mad! This was a great show. Bring me my show back. Plus kyle is sexy!
    #bringbackthelottery

35. Tara says:

I liked The Lottery and hate to see it go but I will be more upset if Witches of East End is canceled. I do get tired of shows getting cancelled after only one season, you got to give it a chance to bring in viewers.

36. Vicki Henry says:

I am not thrilled that you cancelled both The Lottery AND Witches of East End. I liked and watched them both. Why would you do that? Dumb decision in my opinion.

37. Farah says:

Why did they cancelle it The Lottery was my favorite show ever i was amzing so much conflict it was awsome im gonna miss watching it

38. Judi says:

There are few shows these days that really impact me. My husband and I really enjoyed watching this show. It’s a total shame that it has been cancelled! My hope is that they bring it back.

39. laura says:

I can’t say it was the best show I’ve ever watched as a matter of fact the first episides were not great, however the plot intrigued me. Most of the actors and actresses were kinda sucky but towards the end their skills really improved and the show really grew on me. The best performance was that of the father he was great from start to finish. The woman who played the presidents advisor was also very good from the start. Sadly now I missing my show! please bring it back!

40. aprilwriter says:

I am deeply saddened by the cancellation of this show. I love vampires, witches and zombies as much as the next person, but what we really need is for more shows–more stories–that hold a mirror up humanity and ask the serious questions we avoid talking about. The world is very much entering a population crisis. We will have reached carrying capacity for the Earth’s resources within the next century. Take a look a the work of Dr. Albert A. Bartlett, Professor of Physics, University of Colorado, search for the term “exponential growth.”

Although this show was labeled in science fiction, even the most futuristic items depicted (glass cell phones and EMP guns) are within our current technological capabilities. The truth is this future contains more science than fiction: Infertility can be caused by a virus, some viruses spread rapidly. We can’t always trust the people who are monitoring what is created in labs.

Perhaps this show wasn’t cancelled for the sake of incredulity, but instead because it hit too close home for viewers and the powers that be.

41. carmen pellegrino says:

I am tired of watching something new when it comes on because it seems to get cancelled, why did you cancel the lottery now i do not have an ending if you are going to cancel something give it a ending like a closure for us watching.

42. Gary D Williams says:

The Lottery was a good show some one Should Cancel life time

43. Ashley says:

Im so pissed about this. It was a great show and very interesting. I dont know how they can just end it when theirs so many unsolved questions… lifetime can have two dance team shows but not a good drama?. Hopefully that means witches of east end will be cancelled too.

44. Alexandra says:

How can you do that to people??? Get people hooked and just cancel it, it’s messed up!!! There was no other show like this on tv… I wanted to know what was gonna happen after the president died… We’ll never know if the embryos worked and see if she gives her baby to the first lady… So many unanswered questions… I hope they change their mind…

45. jill johnson says:

I watched all episodes including the pilot. I tried to find the pilot episode online for my family to watch first and then they were going to watch the rest of the episodes but they never made the pilot episode available.

It reminded me of an episode of Stargate on SciFi where everyone was infertile.

Both shows had everyone infertile and it was always government induced without the people knowing what had been done to them.

Makes you think twice and wonder if they wanted to do this in real life all they would have to do is put something in the flu shots that most people get every single year.

It could easily happen !!

46. christy says:

I liked the lottery. I hate how the people that get chosen to do the nielson ratings choose what america gets to watch. I like it

47. Deb Card says:

I hate getting into a show and finding they go an cancel it……. don’t the realize how that affects ratings on their network. 2 shows, The lottery and Witches of East end………. Guess I will not watch Lifetime now, what’s the point

48. Julie says:

Bring it back!!! PLEASE

49. Angelica Medina says:

That’s why I hate starting new shows they get you all into it then they cancel them I’m just not going to bother anymore.

50. karen desai says:

It’s like reading a great book but some one has ripped out the concluding chapter!!!