Exclusive

Sons of Anarchy's Ryan Hurst Checks Into Bates Motel Season 3

Ryan Hurst Bates Motel

One of SAMCRO’s finest has made a reservation at Bates Motel.

Sons of Anarchy alum Ryan Hurst is joining the A&E drama’s upcoming third season in a major (and rather familiar) recurring role, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Hurst, who co-starred as Opie during Sons‘ first five seasons, will play Chick Hogan, a badass ex-con and with an intelligent, dark and menacing quality. He owns a motorbike shop (ha!), but gets his money running an illegal firearms (ha!) business from his property nearby Dylan’s new farm.

I’m told he will lock horns with Dylan’s uncle father Caleb — played by (ha!) Hurst’s former Sons colleague Kenny Johnson.

Since leaving Sons, Hurst guest-starred on Law & Order: SVU and was a regular on TNT’s short-lived King & Maxwell.

Bates Motel reopens in March 2015.

1. wrstlgirl says:

OMG YES!!! This is very, very exciting!!

2. Teag says:

I heard Nicola Peltz is back, and Kenny Johnson is a regular this season?

3. S00LIN says:

Opie is back! (well, almost…..)

• WORD!!!! And he is an ex-con who owns a motorbike shop and runs illegal firearms? hmmmmm, I’m sensing a pattern of repetitive behavior…not that I’m complaining ;) I have missed Opie Winston!!!

4. Can’t wait! I LOVE Ryan Hurst!!

5. cdhaskell says:

I can’t wait to see the return of the Bates Motel season 3 in March 2015. I can’t wait to see how the writer will developed the individual character.

6. JWB says:

The ratings took a nosedive in season 2. Season 3 might be its last if they don’t fix things.Bates Motel is starting to stray away from its original premise. The show was suppose to be about Norman Bates and his relationship with his mother. How he became the iconic character in Psycho.

7. IMHO says:

Great news ! Been missing Opie on SOA.

8. lilian says:

I miss Opie, if SOA was TVD we’d have some hope of seeing him again

9. lilian says:

I hear this is very good show.

10. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

HA! Bates Motel is another go to show I watch. Ryan Hurst aka OPIE is coming on to the show whaaaaaaaat?! Everything his character does for season 3 sounds very FAMILIAR very SAMCRO-ish LOL. anyways love Ryan and Opie gald he’s back on tv and hopefully this character *Sticks around longer*.

11. Kari says:

Omg yes yes yes .. Can’t wait . My friend met him got him to sign her arm then she went and got it tattooed. Went back and showed him . 😄

12. Holly says:

Looks like I will be watching Bates Motel now… :)

13. Love this show glad it’s coming back!

14. Steven says:

I love my Bates motel, new season begins when ?? Don’t want to miss .. Thanks

15. JR says:

AH. For the record it was Donal Logue who played Toric on SOA who was guest starring on Law an Order. I would check facts before stating falsities

• Kim says:

Yes , the actor who played Toric did guest star. So has Ryan Hurst , Mark Boone Junior (bobby) and Dayton Callie (Wayne unser) they have all starred on Law and Order SVU. I’m also a die hard Law/Order SVU fan. No offense but you should check before you post.

16. Ryan Hurst is a fantastic actor. Before and during Sons. I would love to him on the big screen again!!

17. melissa says:

I think that is awesome. He was amazing in sons of anarchy. I am sure he will be a good in this series too