Once Upon a Time Cast Teases a 'Great' First Date... With a Cursed Twist?

Once Upon a Time Emma Hook Date

The good news, first: When Once Upon a Time‘s Emma Swan invites Killian Jones out on their first proper date this Sunday (ABC, 8/7c), the eventual outcome is just this side of magical.

“We actually have a great date,” Jennifer Morrison shared with reporters during a Tuesday set visit in Vancouver. “There are a lot of fun elements to it, because we’re seeing both of them so vulnerable with each other. Emma’s genuinely excited about getting to know this person, hopefully outside of crisis.”

And because she and Hook are not out to battle an evil snowman or wrestle with a green witch, Emma allows herself to exhibit a more approachable side, as well. “She’s wearing something that’s very soft and feminine and romantic,” Morrison notes. “That’s something that I think has always been a part of her, but she’s always had to have her guard up so much that she hasn’t felt like she could express that side of herself.” (Here’s where Colin O’Donoghue jumps in to quip, “It took a man who wears leather and a hook to bring out the feminine side in her!”)

O’Donoghue acknowledges that Hook himself “goes to a bit of effort” to dress for the important date, which takes place at a cozy Italian restaurant. (Says Morrison, “He figures out how to dress like a real person. A leathery, real person.”) But that makeover includes striking a deal with Mr. Gold to replace his namesake prosthetic with a proper hand. But as Rumplestiltskin is never afraid to remind us, magic always comes with a price.
Once Upon a Time Emma Hook DateDealing for the hand “was a really, really stupid thing for [Hook] to do,” Robert Carlyle teases. “That comes back to bite him, really badly.”

O’Donoghue elaborates: “[Hook’s] reason for doing it is so he can hold Emma with both hands, if he needs to, on the date…. The only problem is that they come across Will Scarlet, who knocks a drink over Emma, so Hook grabs him — and startles himself a bit [in doing so].”

Because although Killian is merely “standing up for his girl,” as O’Donoghue puts it, the spike in temper at least suggests that something nefarious is possibly… at hand. “He is really trying to suppress being a 200-year-old pirate [who] hasn’t really had to live by the rules,” but in making the trade with Gold, “He feels that [his hand] has been cursed.”Once Upon a Time Emma Hook Date

At evening’s end, when all is said and done, Emma’s parents will make up for those missed years of lording over an unpredictable teenage girl by waiting up for their grown daughter — “all night, to know the details”, Ginnifer Goodwin reports. Josh Dallas interjects, “David doesn’t want to know, like, everything, but he waits up…. [Mary Margaret] just wants Emma to be happy, and ultimately that’s what [David] wants for her, too.”

Even if it means bringing a swashbuckler into the fam? “[David]’ll never be OK with the guyliner,” Dallas smiles, “but he’ll find a way to be OK with it, as long as Emma’s happy.” (Reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Want more scoop on Once Upon a Time, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Tran says:

My Woman Crush Wednesday this week: Jennifer Morrison and her smokin’ HOT dress.

2. Kay says:

wow this show really has become all about Hook.. so sad that the S1 storytelling and core cast has been replaced by something for the 10-14 age group. Hopefully Robert Carlyle will leave and move onto something not so juvenile that OUAT has become

• John NYC says:

Not all that much Hook in the Frozen storyline… and that’s the big arc of the moment.

• Len84 says:

These remarks totally insult show that is very much narrative arc not some typical teen show. And you know i love Hook but first and foremost Emma is the main character and lead heroine [since the start and i am glad finally we have much focused on her] and its more focused on her… so her parents, and her love romance is main with her. And she has a man who stands by her and supports her, she is not alone anymore with ppl around her and progression of herself and Emma/Hook – its all working together and getting to know her past and childhood.

• Kay says:

It’s entertainment, a form of art. It’s open to criticism and not an insult. the show A/E said was about fairy tale characters, not just Emma. You show me where they said she was the only main? They took away her badass personality and now she’s playing second to a retconned villain. It’s fine that they want to focus on EMma, but this show wasn’t suppose to be all about ships and CS has been shoved down our throats and feels like I should be watching Victorious or ICarly, now. The adventure and mystery is now about will Hook get a change of clothes, will Hook and Emma kiss again.. It is a teen show now. No edge that the first season had. Rumple and Lana have been moved to the side for a less than interesting character whose whole redemption was a farce.

• Aloa says:

Thank you. Yes Kay. I loved Emma the badass. But now? No sorry. And Hook beside a nice face, isn’t really that interesting. I wouldn’t mind CS so much if it wasn’t really completely shoved our throat

• Pauline says:

this this this!

• Lily says:

THIS! thank you!

• kara says:

Yeah, you’re right, Regina and Rumple HAVE been moved to the side. Like how they had the most flashbacks last season….or were the only ones directly connected to the two main villains. Or how Regina dominated the whole of 4B, even defeating the villain Emma was explicitly brought back to defeat. Or how, like, the main character of the show has had a grand total of two flashback episodes, and her love interest gets MAYBE one per half season. You’re right though, Regina and Rumple have been screwed!

• Alex says:

THANK YOU!

My Rumpel is sad about this, too, I’m sure.

• Joey says:

I’ve said similar comments before and only gotten spit in the face from other commenters. Glad to see other people are seeing the same thing.

• Thanh says:

I completely agree with Kay & other people’s points about Hook and Emma being shoved down viewers’ throats. With those two it’s more “tell” than “show”. Even when the series tries to show viewers through their scenes together, it just feels so forced, especially when they have NO chemistry.

The only person I ever saw Hook have chemistry with, was his brief scene with Tinker Bell in Neverland.

The only people Emma had any chemistry with, acting opposite of, was Jefferson, maybe a little chemistry with Graham; and acting (not necessarily sexual) chemistry with Regina.

• Callie says:

I echoed your comments below, but I wanted to thank you for this!! It is disingenuous and a common trope utilized by the anti-Hook/CS crowd – that the pairing is only popular because their fans are superficial, or immature, or don’t “understand” the show. The progression of Emma’s relationship is vital to her character’s growth and development, harkening back to her reluctance – since Season 1 – to let her walls down and let people in. This romance will certainly impact her interactions and involvements with other characters/storylines, and since Emma is a lead (if not the lead) I think that merits attention. It’s not, and never will be, the main storyline. But some people enjoy it and derive excitement from it and want to discuss it, and I think that is great. It is really rude for those who dislike it to insult those who do, and it happens all too often in the fandom.

• Len84 says:

Callie – Agreed. Emma’s development is all to due with her gaining her family, her home, and her romance – all this helps her as a person to grow, thats how real life is too. Thats how we are too

• Mer says:

Excuse me, but Hook has contributed nothing to Emma’s progression that she has done on her own. Hook is just reaping the benefits of Emma’s nature.

• CA says:

What you’re reading is the fall back by the anti-hook/CS fans. If they can’t get the writers to do what they want them to do story wise, then the next best thing is to go after the fans that voice their pleasure with they storyline. The irony, of course, is the accusation of this show becoming for teenagers, which is really an attempt to insult those that like what they are seeing since it is implied that only those that would must be teens…which is such a teenage thing to do.

Whenever you have an ensemble cast there is always going to be a balancing of story lines. Sometimes you will get more of one story over another (cue the complaints that this show has now become all about CS) but when there are 22 episodes in a season, it usually ends up fairly equal by the end. They are a variety of story lines to follow this season…maybe folks should just simmer down and see how it all plays out…for goodness sake, we are only three episodes in and the Frozen line has dominated for the time being.

• Callie says:

well, I am 30 years old and I very much enjoy Hook/Captain Swan. so does my 62 year old mother. I like them IN ADDITION to the other characters, characters whose airtimes will ebb and flow throughout the season and depending upon the storylines. Emma is a core cast member, a lead player, and considering how reluctant she has been to let her walls down and trust and believe – which has been a PIVOTAL plot point since Season 1 – I think that it makes sense to follow the progression of her romance. I fail to see how that means that the show is all about Hook and is catering to tweens? yes, he is her partner, but I see this as more about Emma. If you dislike the character and/or pairing, that is your right, but it doesn’t mean that you have to belittle and insult those who do like them as “juvenile” or untrue to the show.

• Sarah says:

AMEN! Thank you, for saying that! Hook is why I watch the show. I get so aggravated with people who instead of being passionate about the characters they love, use it to attack the ones they dislike; in some cases, even the actors! Why pick fights over a television show? I can promise everyone here, there are more important things in life to be hostile about, than the love life of a fictional character!

• Em Cooper says:

Very well said. I get pretty disgusted by certain so called “fans”, who feel their way is the only way, and become quite petty in their comments when you don’t agree. Their responses are indeed like tweens, and their behavior certainly is more like a spoiled 13 year old not getting her way.

• Mer says:

Hook is the spoiled 13 year old that cries when Emma doesn’t pay attention to him when she has more pressing issues, like Snow Queens and bonding with her family.

• Guest says:

Emma is the MAIN character, and Hook is her guy. Of course he is going to get a lot of camera time.

• Clairee says:

Love it when people come on a page and all they can do is bitch. Like many have said, if you don’t like it, quit watching. Yes. You have the right to your opinion. But, you don’t have the right to squash the opinions of those that love it. I care about characters. But, what interests me more is storyline . I knew it was only a matter of time, before they brought the “Frozen” element in, especially since they filmed it before the Disney movie even came out. In any case, I love ever facet of the show, or I wouldn’t be watching it.

• Logan says:

I like Hook, but he is not my favorite character and I totally feel that the show has NOT become all about Hook. No disrespect to your opinion what so ever, just thought I’d share my thoughts. :)

3. Ray says:

When is Hook going to update his wardrobe?

4. anne says:

Captain Swan ruined OUAt

• Brandi says:

If you don’t like it, stop watching 😒

• Leonardo says:

Then stop commenting too

• I have the right to voice my opinion, just like everybody else…

• Em Cooper says:

So, you have the “right” to voice your “opinion” on a show you no longer watch? Huh? If you aren’t watching it any longer, how can you even have a valid “opinion”, when you don’t know what is going on?

• My opinion is that Hook/Emma has ruined the dynamic of the show. I stopped watching at the end of last season, considering the fact that this season is only what? Two episodes in, I highly doubt the Hook/Emma dynamic has changed SO much in two episodes, that would make my opinion invalid. Now, if I were to make a comment about the show and I haven’t watched it since season 1, you would have a point, however since I only quit at the end of last season, I still have a opinion that holds merit.

• Marlene says:

I disagree

• Aloa says:

• Aloa says:

Yes. True fact. Bye Regina, Bye Rumple, bye the characters. Too bad. Bye the family show, bye the life dreams and lessons, and welcome teenage love stories. Emma dressed like a good wife of the 50′ instead of the hardcore heroin she was, Hook as boring as he’ll ever be, Rumple going bad is all good, unfortunaly they forgot that all his actions (good and bad) were for love, Regina being the shadow of herself.. But all that came with Captain Swan..

• MissFord says:

The ratings kerp getting higher tho

• ninergrl6 says:

IMO Captain Swan saved OUAT. I was extremely disappointed in season 2 *except* the addition on Hook, and the Captain Swan relationship in season 3 made OUAT must-see-live tv for me. If not for them, I may have given up the show last year. Different stokes for different folks.

5. Ana says:

Oh wow!! Thank you so much for this. I am already beyond excited for Sunday’s episode but now even more so, if possible,
    I’m so happy we’re getting to see all the steps in their beautiful relationship. I’m so used to the “will they won’t they” philosophy on tv shows that I sometimes feel I have to pinch myself because we actually get a REAL relationship for once. All the development. And I’m so happy about that – and extremely grateful to Adam and Eddy that they’re writing those two so consistently well. And in character. Which is also very important.
    Seeing Emma finally letting her walls down and believing that she actually can have everything she ever wanted is everything I ever wanted for her. And Killian played such a huge part in that. They really gave her the best possible partner in the pirate / man of honor. He’s her true equal and has proven over and over that he truly loves her and will stay by her side no matter what.
    I hope Snow and Charming will acknowledge how good Killian is for the daughter and what an important part he has played in helping her heal some of the immense hurt she’s suffered in her life.
    Thank you again for this! Wish there was video though :))

6. DM says:

Thanks for the scoop! Great to hear that the date isn’t a train-wreck, which seems to be the way tv shows like to go these days with long awaited dates. I love that Emma is finally working towards her own happy ending. It’s not like she isn’t the MAIN CHARACTER of the show or anything. As for the Hook haters, I really don’t get it. Colin O’Donoghue and the writers have created a fantastic character who is super fun to watch. I say, keep it up!

7. This is so lovely! I can’t wait for this episode! The whole cast is just wonderful but the chemistry with JMo and Colin is undeniable. What great actors. I am so glad the creators and writers have given us this and other great story lines!

8. Marco says:

His hand will be cursed… Once Upon An Evil Dead 2? XD

9. Kate Sullivan says:

I wonder Hook’s paranoia or like a monkeys paw type thing.

10. Brandi says:

ok, first off, Emma is the main character. Always has been since season 1. That means all her relationships will be the center of attention. So if she’s dating Killain, that means he’s going to be centered on a lot. You can complain all you want, but the truth is, this isn’t your show. If you don’t like it, stop watching. If you don’t like Adam and Eddy’s writing, go pitch your own show to ABC and see if they will green light it. If that does happen, feel free to come and gloat, but as of now, you’re just a viewer. You also have the choice to not watch. So if you really have a problem with the show and writing, feel free to stop watching. No one will miss you. Xoxo

• Paula says:

I’m totally agree! :)
      And the most important thing, Emma have a reason to smile, at last!…. I can’t wait for this episode.

• Fran says:

The show is not above criticism though. Everyone doesn’t have to blindly love every storyline, nor should they be told to stop watching if they don’t. I personally am not crazy about the writing of the show lately and the pushing of some characters into the background, but that doesn’t mean I have to stop watching. There are still characters I enjoy, Emma and Hook included, and I have hope things will balance out. We all have the right to give our opinion, whether positive or negative. I assume you’re mainly referring to those comments that just say “I hate so and so” though, which I agree can be annoying. I enjoy reading the ones that give constructive criticism though.

• Len84 says:

Also Emma and Hook have been the set up and build up since season 2 – the beanstalk episode. Thats your big clue there! and the foreshadowing.

11. Mary says:

I can honestly say I’ve never been this excited for an episode of any show, ever.

12. It's Delovely says:

Don’t care about the CS date and more show-eating by Hook, but I am looking forward to Hook’s hand being the second coming of Lindsey McDonald’s evil hand on “Angel”.

13. Once For All says:

With all due respect to all shippers related to Emma…ARE YOU BLIND? can’t you see she’s happy for the FIRST time since forever!!!!! and everyone needs to stop acting like THEY are writing the show, the writers have a vision and we are merely watching a show passionately. We need to respect the characters instead of displaying hate. If you have a problem with the show I’d like to introduce you to a device called the REMOTE. Change the channel or your attitude. Don’t send hate to Adam and Eddy, Jennifer or Colin and STOP SENDING HATE TO FANS OF THE SHOW. I was a Gremma shipper, the guy died, I moved on and as a result I was awarded with a better an much interesting story. Emma is most important to us and WHATEVER makes her happy, even if she falls in love with I don’t know…RED I will be happy for her. NO IM NOT A LOOSE SHIPPER!!! I’m a shipper that’s respecting her beloved Emma and not cursing her choices as a person. If you don’t like Hook change the channel, if you want SwanQueen go read fanfic because Adam and Eddy VERY polite answers show that THAT’S NOT happening.

If you hate me for what I’ve said….STOP READING COZ FRANKLY MY DEAR I DON’T GIVE A DAMN!!!!!!

• Kate says:

I agree, but I have to tell you, you got “For the First Time in Forever” from Frozen now stuck in my head. And now I am sort of wondering if that is a tie in they are doing.

• gloria says:

YEAH YOU SAID IT. CAPTAIN SWAN!

• merwordup says:

Excuse me but are you blind? Emma has been happy before Hook got on the scene. She finally has parents that she thought abandoned her. She has been reunited with a son that she gave up. Attributing her happiness to some man that she has only known for 2 months, and still doesn’t know half of the dirty stuff he has been involved, is not a cause of celebration for most sane people. You don’t have to be a Swan Queen shipper to see how much the writers whitewash Hook to make him compatible partner for Emma. But enjoy your favorite relationship that exemplifies that a man can just wear down a woman until she give into his pursuit. Cheers!

14. Jenny says:

I’m really looking forward to their first date. I know the angst is coming so I’m going to enjoy the happy moment while it lasts.

15. Name That Tune says:

Disney found the ugliest dress from the 1950s in their costume department to style Emma with.
    Ugh.

• Lauren says:

since you declared that you (…supposedly lol…) gave up on the show, are you now just here to troll everyone else? how does that feel? productive? i may never understand troll mentality, but glad i don’t.

• Name That Tune says:

Hey, I used to be a faithful viewer. Now I understand that the most interesting thing about season 4 (who wrote the book) won’t be revealed until season 4B.

Doesn’t mean I can’t laugh at the costumes they put Emma in. That dress is ugly

16. Rebecca says:

Umm…this is suppose to be a Rumple centric; can we please get actual news involving one of the best characters on the show for once and not make it all about CS/Hook?

• Aloa says:

Don’t get your hopes up. Rumple centric? Oh we have to put Hook there too! Regina centric? Oh let’s put Hook and Frozen characters to wander with no purpose at all during the episode. It’s simple really Dearie. Emma centric? Oh well, Hook is her boyfriend now, so he’ll be there all right? David centric? Oh what a wonderful occasion to put Hook there and save his future father in law. Did I miss some?

• Rebecca says:

Don’t forget he’s going to be in Belle’s centric…so yeah…we have to look forward to that as well :P

• Jasmin says:

Emma is the main character and she’s dating Hook so obviously he’s going to be in the episodes, he’s also been a main cast member since season 2. If its a character centric episode of course he’s going to be there too just like everyone else is. And hello 4A is the Frozen arc so if you don’t like it don’t watch! and Emma, the MAIN character is happy with Hook but all you people seem to care about is Regina’s whole “good when it benefits me” act

• God Forbid a Main character is in all the episodes 😒

• John NYC says:

I’m certainly shocked.

Probably gambling as well… and you know there’s an upright piano being played somewhere.

• It's Delovely says:

Belle is a main character, too (she is a regular and joined the show before Hook), and she’s appeared in about five total minutes of this season so far. Rumple and Regina are original, core characters, and they’ve had important scenes cut from episodes. Meanwhile, Hook has more screentime than even Emma this season.

• Lily says:

same here. I didn’t mind Captain Swan so much before, but now it’s taking over the show. It’s suppose to be Rumple centric but it seems that Hook’s clothes, hand and date are more important. I’m so done with Hook.

17. Jess says:

I wonder if this means he won’t be able to control his left hand then…that would be funny…

18. Luis says:

A little hard for me to believe that after his history with Rumple, Hook with trust him for anything

19. Pauline says:

After the cursed lips now the cursed hand? Seriously, what the hell are we watching? This CS fest is becoming more and more pathetic….. Where are my favorite characters (Rumple, Regina, the real Emma, Snow??)? Where is the amazing and revolutionary storyline? All I see is Hook, Hook, Hook and CS…. (even when it’s supposed to be about Rumple….)
    And a whole episode about a “date” ?!(is this TVD or PLL???) And before anyone tells me “just stop watching”, NO I won’t, because despite all that, this is still my favorite show and I will forever hope that they will drop those “teenager plots” to go back the the amazing stuffs : The SnowQueen/Emma, Emma/Snow, Emma and her new brother (not even ONE LINE about that…), Regina/Everyone (WHERE IS SHE?!), Rumple and the hat, Belle whitout Rumple, Badass Emma,… the family moments, the heart of show, not this forced and OCC romance for both characters… (I can’t believe Hook was one of my favorite character in S2….)

• Aloa says:

Exactly what I wrote (but comment didn’t take). To make place for this ship and for a character, they made everyone out of character and take a step (or many) back. It’s no longer a family show, about life lessons, about dreams and fairytales, and characters full of life, of energy. it’s completely a teenage show, with dates as the central plot of the hour… Emma wearing a dress of the 50′ (look at her dress in season 1 when going on a date and speak about regression..). Nothing of that existed before Captain Swan (and I liked Hook in season 2 too.) but now the character is so boring, annoying, that it’s hard to find him redeeming qualities.

• amada says:

the snow queen has a past with emma that we’ll know just wait……… if you see the show you could know that snow has fear to leave neal with someone else…doesn’t want to happen the same that with emma… nealbaby… well he is a baby what did you spect? telepathy?…regina is crying over robin and trying to force her happy ending without actually work for it…rumple and the hat…do you wanna know everything at the first 3 episodes?, belle will know soon about the dagger…again just wait…emma IS BADASS IN BOOTS OR HIGH HEELS…did you see henry and regina HELLO FAMILY MOMENTS or anna helping her sister….and if you just focus on hook then that is your problem not the show

20. kath says:

I am so glad for this date. It’s time Emma had a chance at a real relationship and after Graham, I like Hook the best.

As Arrow starts having Laurel and Oliver spend time together while Felicity is side-lined, I’m really happy my other ‘ship gets a chance to work out.

21. amada says:

people if you don’t like the show anymore just leave….make to yourself and to the fandom a favor…just check periodically the news about your faves and use your time in something better that hate on a tv show

• Aloa says:

May I say.. if you don’t like us commenting. Just don’t read then? :)

• amada says:

if just i read them or you just hate on me there’s not much problem…there is not even problem when we send opinions about the show to adam or the actors…the problem is when people hate on them….not opinions…JUST HATE…from every single one ship or fav character….when our babes dont get their happy ending fast

• Name That Tune says:

Be careful what you wish for.

The show dropped 20% of its viewers last week. It’s happening

• Alex says:

I’m sure the show runners would appreciate you telling people to stop watching their show.
      Idk who gave you, and others like you, the right to moderate people’s opinions.
      Good God these CS bunch are the WORST!

• anne says:

i like the show, i don’t like the stupid Captain Swan

22. Mimi says:

Love Captain Swan! Such a beautiful couple! The story is something people can relate to and connect with. We all at some point in our lives are broken down by pain, but love always teaches us that we can be happy and be loved.

23. Mel says:

Can’t wait! Going to be another great episode.

24. Sarah says:

I’m happy, happy, happy!!!!!!!!!!! Hook is my favorite character. Sunday is too far off!

25. M Forest says:

I might vomit.

26. Jillian says:

Don’t forget that there is a storyline all about dark Rumple, Anna and the sorcerer’s apprentice’s box back in the enchanted forest in this episode too.

27. Amy says:

Morrison looks absolutely stunning..but I’m not sure if I should thank-you for a the goodies about the date or be mad because I still have to wait until Sunday to see it. Thanks I guess, I’m really looking forward to the whole thing from the date to the parents waiting..

28. Alex says:

Blegh give me my Rumpel back please. This idiot is blackmailing him to get his hand back? Wtf sraly I loathe Hook! Ever since he came in, Rumpy got shafted and now even Regina is right there with my Rumpy it seems. Ugh UGH even the Emma/Neal arc of Emma lowering her walls down for Neal and trusting him is now a stolen arc for freakin’ SC? This just stupid, really. I’m unable to can anymore with this show.

• John NYC says:

Rumple is getting blackmailed because he’s endlessly lying to the person he allegedly “loves”, Belle. There was this tiny moment when I thought he’d turned the corner. Nope.

• Britt says:

Love this comment. Rumple never changes. Hook blackmailing him sounds completely in character given their history and rumple should stop lying to people and this wouldn’t be an issue for him

29. Fran says:

I really like Emma and Hook together, but I still find these pictures bizarre. It looks like some bad prom date, complete with big hair and the parents there to smile proudly…. But hopefully it will be cute and I’ll reserve judgment until I actually see the episode :)

30. Len84 says:

Looking forward to the date and eveything else

I love that Hook wants his both hand for sentimental value to embrace and hold Emma, i think thats beautiful.

Seems like the hand also mind have a mind of its own to be more agressive or something – i dont know

But i love Emma/Hook and i think its beautiful that this date is happening :)

31. Jess says:

Thank you so much for this beautiful article!!! I can’t wait to see this episode. This season gets better and better with every new episode, I love it.

Hook & Emma are the best couple ever shown on tv. I can’t wait to see their adorable date and their cute moments.

32. Vickie says:

I really love this show and all the actors,especially Rumple and little Henry,never a boring moment and I hate when the season ends,

33. Beth duffy says:

Ok…I have held my tongue for awhile now bit this is ridiculous. Mr. Gold and Regina have had major roles throughout the 1st 3 seasons. Why can’t Captain Swan have a few major plot lines for once? Every time Lana was interviewed, they only asked her questions….not the other actors. Let everyone get their fair share since there are fans who like other characters. It’s not forever….Regina and Mr. gold are coming up soon I am sure. I love them all! I like a little break so when they do come back strong…we will be even more excited!

• Karina says:

I totally agree! The second half of Season Three was all about Regina, and it looks like the second half of this season will be the same. I’m thrilled to see Emma take center stage for awhile! And the upcoming interactions between Rumple/Hook and Rumple/Anna I. This episode look awesome too.

34. ninergrl6 says:

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS DATE but just laughed so hard at the cursed hand comment. I’m envisioning Killian battling with his own hand to try to get it under control and kind of flailing all over the place.

35. unhappy says:

Not everyone that doesn’t like Hook is a SwanQueen shipper. Some of us don’t like a mysogenistic character that takes away screen time from characters that have more depth like Regina and Rumple that are being sidelined for Hook. The blackout? Regina said one word. Last episode? She had what? 5mins? What about Rumple and Belle? Regina and Rumple are leads too and now they get no screen time. And they are much more interesting. I think a lot of us wouldn’t mind Emma/Hook so much if it wasn’t taking away from other characters. All we want is some balance. But it’s nice to see that you see people that are unhappy with the direction of the show and you want to point fingers at SwanQueen. Quite frankly, SwanQueen would be more interesting at this point. Because at least those two characters have depth.

• kath says:

Do you mean Hook is misogynistic? I’ve thought it was great the way he kept encouraging Emma to stop being afraid and become who she could become. And how he kept looking for her the year apart and sold his ship so he could get to her. How he followed her into the past to make sure she was safe and then helped her get back home again.

I understand if you don’t like the characters (I was pretty sick of Regina and Rumple in previous seasons) but as a love story, it’s pretty great.

• ninergrl6 says:

I agree. I got very tired of Rumple & Regina in season 2 & 3 (so repetitive), so I welcome the new Frozen storyline in addition to the Captain Swan relationship. I’ve really enjoyed the little moments they’ve had in the first 3 eps this season in the midst of the larger story arcs.

36. Ashley says:

Love Emma’s dress, love Captain Swan, so excited for the CS date! And I love the Rumple and Hook rivalry, too! Bring on the episode.

37. Rosebud says:

I cannot wait for this episode, such talented actors I love the story arc. Seeing them evolve with the show has been one of my favorite parts, haters going to hate but they really don’t have merit to do so. Love it.

38. Garth says:

I believe that they are trying to give hook a more storyline and I like that they are not focusing on just one character but as the cast themselves and it is a romantic section just like in fairytales I think people are starting to read a little to into the story. I also can’t wait to see where henry and regina are gonna find out about the book……and will robin and regina get back together? Only time will tell I can’t wait to see though they know how to make it suspensful

39. Zaahida says:

Soooo, nobody is going to question why Rumple has a hand in a jar? . . . .

40. gloria says:

OMG 3 days never felt longer! CAPTAIN SWAN!!

41. Thanh says:

The only part of this write-up I enjoy is seeing Rumple’s complex character. Also, I do like Charming family time, so seeing Mary Margaret and David waiting up for Emma to return from her date, would be a nice scene.

42. Guest says:

Maybe they should just give rumple and Regina their own dang spinoff so people will stop b****ing that they have been thrown to the sidelines. It’s not the Regina and rumple show here guys it’s about all characters and I for one as much as I do love the evil queen and mr gold am HAPPY beyond belief that it’s not all about them now. Do they need a few more scenes? No. Maybe rumple since he seems to be involved with the frozen storyline but ALL IN GOOD TIME people. We are 3 episodes in and there have been plenty of shots with both characters maybe not so much the 2nd episode but Christ I almost want to stop reading recaps so I don’t have to see all of you guys gripe and moan that Lana and Robert are being ignored when they are NOT. The show is called once upon a time not “the rump queen”.

43. grant says:

does anybody think how creepy it is that rumple has hooks hand is in a jar