Fox's Gotham Gets Full-Season Order

Gotham Full Season

They’d better open up Arkham Asylum — and quickly! Fox has ordered six additional episodes of Gotham, bringing the pre-Batman drama’s first season order to a full 22.

RELATED Gotham Scoop: Nicholas D’Agosto Joins Fox Drama as Harvey Dent

Gotham premiered last month to 8.2 million total viewers and a 3.2 demo rating, and with Live+3 DVR playback rose to a 5.0 rating.

Gotham debuted as one of the most buzzed-about shows of the fall, and with good reason,” reads a statement from Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen and CEOs of Fox Television Group. “Bruno Heller and Danny Cannon have created an incredibly rich world, with characters that draw you in and a cast that brings to life these heroes and villains in a way we’ve never seen before.”

New episodes of Gotham air Mondays at 8/7c on Fox.

1. Television says:

I really like this show. It is perfect and I look forward to it every week.

2. wrstlgirl says:

YAY!!!

3. Tran says:

Very happy about the news and more Ben McKenzie.

4. Jake says:

I thought it was only supposed to be like 15 episodes a season or something?

5. Hayes says:

Too much Penguin for my taste. Other than that, I’m liking it.

6. Some good news there, really digging the new show :)

7. So much for it getting cancelled after two episodes. Cool.

8. jenna says:

great news! Am really liking this show

9. Jess says:

I’m so excited about this. I love this show and the whole cast.

10. I get to see that yummy Detective Bullock. He can cuff me any day

11. Bwhit says:

Great news, this show is awesome and Ben Mckenzie is the perfect Jim Gordon.

12. A says:

This is great news!!! Im really liking this show

13. Sara says:

They should tell Jada Pinkett Smith to tone down the accent she’s trying. It is NOT working. Her character has potential if she didn’t sound so obnoxious!

• Ron says:

Actually, I think JPS, accent and all, is the only one who understands what this show actually is. This show is camp, and she’s playing her role campy. Everyone else makes this show dang near unwatchable for me. The rest of them are acting as if this is The Sopranos–and it most definitely is not. When the rest of the cast finally realizes to stop taking this show and their roles so seriously, maybe I can get back on board.

• Joey says:

I’d agree with you to a degree. I think the show needs a certain amount of camp, but it’s not all about camp. Plus I think Camren Bicondova, who plays Selina Kyle, understands her role very well, too. It’s based on a comic book, so some level of camp is to be expected, but it’s also Gotham City, so some level of darkness and seriousness is required. It’s an interesting balancing act that needs to be portrayed. I think that JPS’s performance is better for showing off how potentially mentally-disturbed her character is more than anything else.

• Angie says:

Thank you for understanding what the show is. There are a lot of viewers who are comparing this show to the movies they’ve seen. Wanting to see more of characters who don’t even know what they are yet seems a bit pretentious. Let the show be what it is “Gotham”.

14. Ray says:

I suspect pacing issues, filler episodes and a decline in quality are all to be expected now.

15. Ellie says:

Great news! I am loving this show! I am just excited that a show I like has been picked up and I dont have to worry week in and week out that the network is going to take it off of the air.

16. Joey says:

Very glad for this, but, as usual with network TV schedules, there may be some filler coming, as someone else stated. Hopefully, instead of being pure filler, it helps develop the characters a bit more, provide a bit more backstory to flesh out the show universe a bit. Nothing worse than a filler episode you could completely remove from the show and it wouldn’t affect the canon at all.

17. Joey Padron says:

Great news! Show been good so far. One of my favorite new shows the fall.

18. Dr. M says:

I thought the ratings had been steadily declining. I figured they’d at least wait until this week’s numbers were released… and corrected Nielsens.

19. Gaby says:

Me and my husband are hooked o-t the show pleaseFdont stop