Exclusive

The Good Wife Retains David Krumholtz to Play Alicia's [Spoiler]

David Krumholtz The Good Wife

The Good Wife is recruiting a noted Numb3rs cruncher to (presumably) help Alicia win that coveted State’s Attorney post.

TVLine has learned exclusively that David Krumholtz is joining CBS’ marquee drama in the potentially recurring role of Josh, a top campaign specialist hired by Alicia’s manager, Jonathan (Steven Pasquale).

One part Hollywood and two parts political, Josh is known as a master of negative campaigning (a role first teased in this week’s Ask Ausiello). He also believes candidates should just shut up and do what the professionals say, so his interactions with Alicia should be hysterical.

In Sunday’s Good Wife, Alicia took the first step towards formally entering the race for State’s Attorney.

The Good Wife gig brings Krumholtz back into the CBS fold following the short-lived Partners and, of course, the long-running Numb3rs.

He’s slated to appear in this season’s ninth episode.

1. Elizabeth says:

I will never forgive him for killing Lucy.

2. DL says:

I miss Numb3rs! Every time I see him, Alimi Ballard, Dylan Bruno, Rob Morrow, etc., I kinda pretend they’re still their old characters…

3. Yoki says:

I may be the only one NOT excited about Alicia running for SA.

• Jimmy says:

Count me among that group. I was hoping the whole thing would would be dropped. Still hope it does.

• Lizo says:

The Kings haven’t steared us wrong yet, so I’m sure this will be an excellent arch for Alicia.

• Dot says:

It’s a very bad move on the part of the show. IF she wins – what happens with FA? Are they going to focus Alicia sitting at a desk in the SA’s office all the time and never show what is going on in the law firm’s world with their clients and cases? And does Alicia realize she is going to take a MAJOR cut in pay by running for State’s Attorney?

• Patty Fraser says:

Right there with you not really happy this is where the Kings decided to go with this season. But honestly I just want this show to get back in the courtroom.

4. mollytanner says:

Didn’t he make Carter a drug addict?

5. heLL paso says:

How about going back to The Newsrtoom? I doubt he went back, because of the shortened final season, but he was so great in it.

6. Lizo says:

He’ll always be the kid from 10 Things I Hate About You.

7. ESev says:

Bernard the Elf! Perhaps I have seen The Santa Clause far too many times, but I still envision that he retired from elf business and works as an actor now. I’m curious to see how this political piece will play out – hoping it doesn’t get as dramatic/silly as Scandal with their political races.

8. Anne says:

I’m glad it appears the political campaign will have a long arc. I love everything about this show, but the political stuff is some of my favorite.

9. Shiloh says:

I’m all for her running. And as for it being boring *if* she wins-this is the Kings we’re talking about here.
    On another note, I have wondered ever since they brought the guy in who was Will’s old friend (can’t remember his name and too lazy to look it up rn), if he would end up being a love interest for Alicia. I really hope they don’t. Actually, after what happened with Will, I’m not eager to see Alicia go there with anyone, really. At all. The spoilers have indicated they will though, so I think I’m going to take a break during that time-catch up later if/when it ends. :)

10. Zoe says:

Krumholtz is great- I’ve enjoyed his performances ever since I saw him in Numb3rs (man do I miss that show). Even in that so-horrid-it’s-hilarious episode of SVU, he was still on point. And now not only is he in that RDJ film, he’s in this, too! I’m really glad to see him getting work.

• Judy Scott says:

I loved Numb3rs too although to be perfectly honest, what I loved most about it was the Craftsman house location and the art direction’s Stickley furniture (then the actors – of course)

11. Ta Thaler says:

Is there a problem with Mark Harmon’s right hand? In the “Choke Hold” episode he picked up the head that rolled across the room from Abby with a bit of awkwardness and it appears to be sunken between the thumb and index finger. His fingers were clawed and he appears to try to hide it when he is interrogating Atla? It looks like my Dad’s did, he had ALS.

12. JAN says:

HE WAS IN THE TIM ALLEN SANTA CLAUS MOVIES -2OF 3

13. nobody special says:

i have never, ever, ever had the slightest interest in watching even a second of the good wife. David Krumholz, however, actually made me go “Hmmmmm….”

nah.

• andrea says:

I used to have no interest in watching The Good Wife but I was home sick for like a couple days and watch like a marathon of it starting from the first one and you’re missing a great show….

14. Jen says:

Whoever writes his lines really needs to back off the “blah blah” shtick. It’s already annoying, but their having him say it multiple times an episode. It’s gone from annoying to downright obnoxious.