Scott Foley, Greg Grunberg Teaming Up With Shondaland for New ABC Comedy

Scott Foley ABC Comedy

Scandal‘s Scott Foley‘s is making himself quite at home in Shondaland.

RELATED Scandal Recap: The State of the Unions

Foley and Greg Grunberg (Heroes) are teaming with Shonda Rhimes‘ production company for a new ABC relationship comedy, our sister site Deadline is reporting. Written by (but not starring) Foley and Grunberg, To Max & Paige revolves around an engaged couple whose road to courtship is questionably retold by their friends and family at their wedding rehearsal dinner.

Foley and Grunberg, who previously co-starred on The WB’s Felicity, will also executive-produce the comedy with Rhimes and Betsy Beers.

1. Kelly says:

I know people (extreme couple fans of the various shows) rag on Shonda but I think its great that she is producing projects for actors and writers that have worked for her over the years. Helping others develop their talent is great.

2. Sarah T. says:

This sounds like a bit of a spin on HIMYM. Too bad they won’t be in it! I’ve liked them both since Felicity (kind of surprised that link wasn’t mentioned here!)

3. Tran says:

Didn’t see that coming. Talk about a mini-Felicity reunion.

4. Matt C. says:

I was hoping that headline meant that Scott Foley would be leaving Scandal soon…shame. I really can’t stand Jake’s character at all.

• Ella J. Wade says:

Love Jake. Much better than do I or don’t I, Fritz. Jake is the only one that really sees what is going on.

• I thought the same thing – hoping against hope that Jake and his zero chemistry with Olivia would be gone. But now that he and Shondra are business partners, his role will probably only increase. Bleeeeh.

• Lauren says:

I was hoping that too. I looooove Scott Foley, and I liked Jake until he killed James. Now I hate him. I don’t understand how everyone seems to have forgotten he is a murderer! I know most of them are at this point, but the way he killed James was so horrific, and James was such a good guy.

• Purple says:

I think I’m now so immune to brutal murders on TV after shows like GOT, Sons of Anarchy, TVD and so many other shows. I do not judge characters by that anymore because I feel the writers & fans in general don’t really care about that anymore esp if there’s a logical reason behind their actions. Olivia really knows who Jake is but still chose to have him in her life. Plus the same could be said of Huck, Quinn, Cyrus and Liv’s father , but they are still very lovable characters.

• Hell, most people no Scandal are murderers. Did we forget that Fitz is a murderer as well? Cyrus had Amanda Tanner killed. Let’s not even get into the number of dead people at the hands of Mama & Papa Pope.

• Purple says:

If he’s not starring then I doubt he will leave Scandal ; I know Tony Goldwyn has other projects on the side too but I doubt he will be leaving Scandal. I love Jake & his mischief on Scandal, Fitz needs some competition, he cannot just win by default.

• Anonymous says:

I was hoping for the same thing. I can’t stand Jake as a character or as a love interest for Olivia.

5. The finished movie may not always conform to all
    aspects of the storyboard, but they will document many of the early developments in the movie.

Even if you have the most comprehensive fittings system, lamps are always
    good to have in the home, as they provide light at different heights and angles, casting more interesting and varied light throughout a room.
    Dutton Charles Dance Brian Glover Winona Ryder Ron Perlman Gary Dourdan.

6. sarah j says:

So it is a different version of How I Met Your Mother.

7. Eric says:

That headline was incredibly misleading. Lol I was hoping it meant that Scott would be starring in the show. Ugh, I just want him off of Scandal. Jake is the most insufferable character on the show. For the simple fact that he is constantly whining about Olivia always choosing Fitz, but continues to still stick around. Anyways, too bad he won’t be starring in it. :/

8. M says:

Awesome I knew they’d get Shonda on the case to fix Tuesday comedies lol

9. Tinker says:

I love Jake Ballard #TeamJake

10. Juice says:

Scott Foley is amazing in scandal, hope he does not leave the show.

11. trinigurl98 says:

Love the character of Jake Ballard and equally love Scott Foley. His chemistry with Olivia is hot and frankly he adds competition in an otherwise boring union. Don’t get me wrong, I like Fitz, however, he become mundane and boring. Jake spices things up a bit.

12. Tia says:

I’m glad Scott foley is leaving Scandal, make room for Olitz.😃🍷

13. Deborah McCabe says:

Sounds lame. I thoroughly enjoy Scott Foley’s acting but this synapsis not drawing me in.