Newsroom Final Season Trailer: 'We Don't Do Good TV, We Do the News'

Breaking: The Newsroom‘s official Season 3 trailer has just come across the wires, and it’s good.

The final season’s preview features all of your News Night favorites (including Chris Messina’s Reese and Jane Fonda’s Leona) plus some new developments (Hallie working at the network? Mac firing a gun? Sloan and Don sussing out their relationship?). And let’s not forget Will’s fervent, if misguided, speeches to his staff, including one that ends, “We don’t do good TV. We do the news!”

RELATED Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites

In addition, the spot confirms that the series will take on the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing — as creator Aaron Sorkin previously stated — and a Wikileaks-like info dump, with Neal at the center.

We’ve also got the final season’s exclusive poster below, which shows Will doing his thing behind the anchor desk and the text, “Every story needs a final word.”

The News Night staff will be back for a six-episode swan song, beginning Sunday, Nov. 9, at 9/8c. Until then, press play on the video at the top of the post, peruse the poster below, and hit the comments with your predictions for the last days at ACN.

The Newsroom Final Season Poster Will

1. Matt says:

Hey TVLine, maybe having an automated ad with sound pop up and play without permission on a page that is specifically for another video with sound is not the best way to win friends and influence viewers

2. MA says:

Looks fantastic! Can’t wait!

3. rosie5656 says:

TVLine, every time I view your site from my cell phone it asks me to use my location, and if I click a link it asks again – every time, which is getting very frustrating. Is this happening to anyone else?

4. Bella says:

Great stuff! So excited for this show to return.

5. Such a shame it’s ending so early, hope the finale brings closure!

6. klynn1075 says:

Why does this need to be the last season? With all the crappy shows that get renewed, this show only gets 3 seasons. Makes me sad.

• Lo says:

Aaron Sorkin didn’t want to do anymore. HBO wanted to do more seasons, but Sorkin felt it was a failed experiment.

• Daven C says:

He’s right. Season 1 was phenomenal. I rewatch the whole thing every few months. But season 2 was terrible! I watched the first 2 episodes and stopped (was told by some friends who kept watching that it didn’t get much better). I am hoping that these 6 episodes will recapture the awesomeness of the first season so that there is closure.

7. Damn…until the final seconds I thought maybe the Maggie character might actually have been left out.

8. “six episode swan song…” nicely put. can’t wait to see it!

9. Ileana M. says:

I’m really annoyed that this is going to be the last season of the show.

10. Toby says:

Really wishing that Sorkin could do a series and have it run longer than 4 seasons with him on board with it not getting cancelled or truncated.

11. Can’t wait for the brief run to start but will be sad to see it end. Like most Sorkin efforts, the dialog is fabulous and thought provoking. There are so few programs that challenge my brain.

12. Blake says:

Aaron Sorkin is a GOD. They only reason Newsroom isn’t popular is because entertainment journalist got their egos bruised at how the show depicts their form of journalism in Season 1.

• Alex says:

+1 that doesnt really bring to light the contribution that the whole team left; thank you to everYone who made me look

13. Journey_93 says:

looks awesome
    still bummed that its ending with so much crap on TV (looking at you NCIS) its crazy how such a good show gets cancelled

14. MA says:

Does anyone know what the song they used in this trailer is?

15. Paloma says:

Why is it that I seem to like Sorkin’s series more than he does? I think the Newsroom has always had some problems (too much BS with the love stories, for example), but it is still smart and great to watch and better than so much of the crap on TV. I want smart shows and when I find them they never seem to last.f

16. Amie says:

No, Aaron Sorkin, you can’t make us love your terrible female characters, no matter how hard you try.

17. Mike says:

Like it or not, this is Sorkin all episodes every episode. He is a perfectionist and it shows. Better to have 25 pure Sorkin episodes then have it carry on without him. I would love more but I get it. I have become a mini-series junkie and it fits right in with my favorites. Breaking Bad. True Detective. Fargo. Ray Donovan. Shameless. Thanks Sorkin for gutting it out and giving us what looks like it will be a good wrap to the series.

18. John says:

six episodes is not enough for me. I feel they can pull it off, but I just wanted to go on.

19. Bob Genghis Khan says:

Will require me to watch the remainder of Season 2 that is cued on my Apple TV. I kinda zoned out after episode 1 of the 2nd season as it didn’t seem to go anywhere.

20. emily says:

does anyone know if jim is in the the last season? i didn’t see gallagher in the preview at all…. I was hoping for a nice maggie/jim reunion in the end.