Fall TV Preview

Arrow Season 3 Premiere: An 'Emotional' Kiss, Two Big Entrances, Amell vs. Amell and More

Arrow Season 3 Spoilers

The CW’s Arrow pierces its enemies when it returns for Season 3 Wednesday at 8/7c. TVLine just screened the pivotal hour, and we’re sharing some observations, as well as scoop from executive producer Marc Guggenheim about Oliver and Felicity’s big [SPOILER], Ray Palmer’s unexpected entrance, the surprise Laurel has for someone and more.

PHOTO Arrow Season 3 Poster Highlights the Fortified Team Arrow

* It is quite possible that we have never seen Oliver smile so much during an episode.

* Roy is a part of Team Arrow in a big way, and the group will continue to evolve in the premiere. Also: Fancy new arrows!

* Brandon Routh makes his entrance not at Queen Consolidated, but at a location that may make you think of his previous gig, Chuck. Also, his interaction with Felicity? It doesn’t go as expected.

* Some things to know about Oliver and Felicity’s “explosive” first date: Ollie pulls a reverse Superman with his outfit; both parties are more than a little nervous; Oliver recounts the day he met Felicity (including an incredibly small detail about that encounter).

Arrow Season 3 Spoilers* If you were worried that “Olicity’s” hospital lip-lock would get interrupted by any number of emergencies, fret not. “I’m very happy with the circumstances under which they have their first kiss,” Guggenheim teases. “I hope it plays as unexpected. I hope it plays as emotional.”

* Laurel has a nice surprise for Oliver that brings yet another smile to his face. (Seriously, so much smiling in this episode!)

RELATED Arrow Recruits Spartacus Star as Captain Boomerang in Season 3

* Diggle’s impending fatherhood has him “terrified.”

* Sara makes a memorable re-entrance into Starling City, meeting up with both Oliver and her sister Laurel.

* The hour features several cool fight/action sequences, but the best one showcases Stephen Amell and… Stephen Amell.

* Now’s a good time to jump on board the CW drama, if you for some reason have yet to do so. “We closed a chapter at the end of Season 2, and this is a brand-new opening,” Guggenheim says. “It’s pretty new viewer-friendly.”

1. justtobesane says:

I’m excited for this show to come back!

2. A says:

How am I supposed to wait five days??? lol

3. E says:

I’ve never been so excited for a show to come back! The anticipation is killing me.

4. Jared says:

Damn I wish the Arrow premiere was 2 hrs! Cant wait for Wednesday!

5. sarah j says:

This is one show that I have really been looking forward too!

6. Joey Padron says:

Good scoop about the season premiere! So excited for the show to come back next week!

7. Gilded Rose says:

I can’t wait for Arrow to return! It sounds like an exciting season. I’m even looking forward to the flashbacks. I think those are going in a really interesting direction. Hoping we see lots of Oliver, Felicity and Diggle work in the field, and I would love to see Quentin getting to work and interact with all three of them much more this year. And of course Oliver and Felicity! So excited! I really hope the show explores their relationship and builds it up over this season. Love these two together.

8. steph says:

The wait is killing me :) !!!!!!!

9. mary says:

cool action sequence with olicity romance. AMAZING! bless you arrow, I can’t wait!

10. sophia7470 says:

147 day hiatus and it’s finally almost over. So much scoop here that has me smiling like a happy fool…Welcome back Arrow, can’t WAIT for the new chapter.

11. Carla Krae says:

Why can’t Wed. be tomorrow? :)

12. Valie says:

What is it with that show? I’ve never been as obsessed about a TV show as I am with Arrow. …

13. S says:

Thanks for the scoop! I am so excited. I’ve never been this excited for a TV show to return before. I can’t wait to see Team Arrow back in action and the long awaited Olicity kiss!

14. I’ve been looking forward to this premiere more than any other. I can’t wait! Go Team Arrow!

15. SiL says:

The anticipation is killing me. So close but so far away. Love Arrow.

16. Briggs says:

I am excited, but I may have to watch it on Hulu or something. Family dinner that night with my grandmother, who I maybe see once a year. But, hey, when you live in an age when you can watch whatever, whenever you want, there’s no worrying about ‘missing’ something. Sure, I’ll have to deal with spoilers, but I’m prepared for that.
    And the Daddy Diggle pic still makes me smile. :) Is it wrong that I’m cooing more at Daddy than at the Digglet?

17. Jp says:

5 days…. not too long now

18. Anne says:

I want that Kiss now, i need it asap
    aaahhhhh :)))

19. DarkDefender says:

Being able to start with season 3 might be cool, but logging in the hours of season 1 and that backstory is what makes season 2 so amazing in comparison. If more people watch it’s all good.. But I am looking more forward to this season because of the journey we’ve been taken on so far.

• Sammy says:

I agree. I wouldn’t recommend anyone start watching Arrow from season 3. You need to watch from the beginning. It’s a hero’s journey.

20. Meg says:

I am so friggin excited!!!!!!!!!

21. So Happy says:

Yay! Arrow is back on again real soon! Also can’t wait for Flash :0)
    Already getting my Agents of Shield and Gotham fix too lol.

22. Sammy says:

Super pumped. It has been one long hiatus.

23. aunni says:

the best show on cw and one of the good quality show which is very entertaining. im hoping for more digg n felicity momemt. my bro-OTP

24. Sparky says:

Seriously excited that this show is back!!! 8pm I am in front of my TV next Wednesday and God help anyone who interrupts me!!!!!

25. anna caroline says:

I’ve been crazy since I saw the almost kiss,but now I need a time machine to jump to october’s 8!!!
    oliver and felicity are going to make me cry!!

26. halima says:

Ave never been this happy about a series before I love olicity

27. Claire says:

I am ready to see this show premier on 8 October, and it looks as though it will focus on all the things that make this show tick — Oliver/Felicity/Diggle, Roy actively being a part of the team, and even Sara making her return as the Black Canary. Soon up will be Thea and Malcolm as well! The chemistry amongst this group is fantastic and I really look forward to seeing them further explore these relationships. I would love to see Felicity bonding with Thea, or even Felicity or Diggle having a run in with Malcolm!
    And speaking of chemistry, Oliver and Felicity have oodles of it and it explodes even in the stills that are released. But what works about these two and this storyline is that it is a part of the action — it’s not set aside separate from the rest, or dominating the show. It is seamlessly part of the story and part of the action. It fits. It works. :)

• Claire says:

I can’t believe I failed to mention Quentin! He is very much a part of this group, and I really hope for more scenes between him and Felicity as well ;)

28. Sonic says:

New viewers should not even bother lol.

This show is a shipperfest. Unless you think you are going to be an Olicity/Felicity worshipper, then go ahead, otherwise I wouldnt recommend trying it. Better to jump on The Flash instead, clean slate.

• Jane says:

But every show is a shipperfest. even The Flash already promote barry/iris everywhere. it’s funny that only haters think arrow is all about olicity, I saw many people who ship olicity keep promoting and asking other characters like john, sara, roy or thea. The writers and producers also gave spoilers and talk about them.

Arrow is a hero journey, love arc is a part of it, the same with friendship, action and family. you can’t have the show without all of these element. and thank god they decide to promote a love arc based of friendship and trust.

• Briggs says:

And I’d like to point out that this show is based on the Green Arrow comics. I’d be surprised if Oliver *didn’t* have a love interest. LOL *I’d* fully advise people to be caught up on the first two season before jumping in so they know what’s going on, not because of any rampant shipping. Besides, this is the CW. Name one show with no shipping.

• Sam says:

Oh please. You’re being ridiculous. Olicity is one part of the show. There is so much more to enjoy than their relationship which, up until now, hasn’t had as much focus as people seem to think.

If you’re a new viewer, please watch. There’s amazing stunts. Great friendships. Cool flashbacks. Great characters such as Diggle and Quentin and Sara Lance. Not to mention all of the villains. There is something for everyone.

• Sonic says:

Lol, dont worry the viewers will be deciding for themselves, when they leave the show in droves.

You cant hide the truth from people forever. Sweet talking only go so far.

• Briggs says:

The proliferation of pro-Olicity commentts says otherwise. As does the proliferation of Olicity fanart, Olicity fanfiction, and Olicity comments on FB and Twitter. Then again, this does speak for the *online* presence, but I’ve spoken to people *off-line* who say that Olicity is the obvious ‘ship fans seem to root for.,,

29. dancmh says:

Getting kind of worried about Sara…

30. Hodan says:

Loved it! Can’t wait to watch the episode.

31. Shelley says:

Can’t wait for a nervous Oliver around Felicity. Love them. I realize the chance they will be a couple will take its course. Slowly I hope. The slow burn is what makes it so great. Let the show begin. I hope Diggle gets more story.

32. Phantom says:

This is one of my favorite shows also. Cant wait for more on Felicity and Oliver……love all the cast except for LAUREL. She just cant act…..I have given her a chance but face it…..she just doesn’t seem to fit in with the chemistry of the rest of them….plus she cant act. (She must be related to a producer or director or someone to have a part in this show). She wouldn’t be missed at all as far as I am concerned.

• Brigid says:

That isn’t true at all. Katie Cassidy can act circles around most people. She just hasn’t been given the material. I think you will change your mind this season. She was amazing on Supernatural and the Melrose Place reboot. She can play the bad girl like a pro.

33. Can’t wait!! Arrow is one of my fave shows!

34. Psy says:

I’d like them to bring back Moira Queen. To me, the sub-plot that involved her and her new husband, the Black British guy, was an extremely interesting aspect of the entire show.
    I’d like to see these two get re-married.
    I loved the family dynamic of the show, the 2 kids, Oliver and Thea, with their mother and step father.
    The family aspect of the show kept it real so that it wasn’t just a show that teenagers could enjoy.
    The diversity in the casting of the show is beyond excellent. The producers should be praised for this.

I also enjoyed the sub-plot that involved Moira Queen running for Mayor. The show needs more sub-plots like this in order to keep the whole thing real and to prevent it from becoming too much like a cartoon for young kids.
    I’d also like to see John Diggle have a more important role in some of the episodes and be less of a second fiddle.
    Some of the characters that they introduced in the second season were interesting especially the (Black) Canary and Blood. But the writers need to really work on keeping the superhero characters very real. How come their fighting skills are so impressive? Why are their reflexes so quick? Where did they get their special weapons? Do they have kevlar in their uniforms? Can they take a bullet?
    I hope that season 3 does not devolve into a show that is very much a cartoon suitable for 5 year olds.

I’m hoping that season 3 will be very good but like I said, for me, I’d like to see more of Moira Queen and her Black British husband.

• Psy says:

I’ve just been informed that the name of the husband is Walter Steele. Sorry, I forgot his name. But I love the Dynamic between Walter, Moira, Thea, and Oliver.

35. Ella says:

I really want to be pumped because this is a great show but the obsessive Olicity shipperfest has killed my excitement. Such a shame the showrunners caved to the fangirls.

36. Luis says:

I’m still holding out for the boxing glove arrow!