Michael Rosenbaum's Impastor Ordered to Series at TV Land

Impastor on TV Land

TV Land’s Impastor has been blessed with a series order.

The single-camera comedy, which stars Smallville‘s Michael Rosenbaum as a debt-plagued slacker who poses as the new gay pastor in a small town, has snagged a 10-episode pickup by the cable network. The project from Christopher Vane (Suddenly Susan) also stars Mircea Monroe (Episodes, Hart of Dixie), Aimee Garcia (Dexter) and Sara Rue (Less Than Perfect).

RELATED  TV Land Cancels Kirstie Alley Sitcom Kirstie After One Season

TV Land has also handed a 10-episode series order to Teachers, a comedy starring improv group The Katydids as six elementary school teachers who are trying to change their students’ lives, without having their own personal lives figured out at all.

Impastor and Teachers are perfect examples of the type of comedies we’re looking for as TV Land evolves its original series — innovative, unconventional and hilariously funny for an audience that enjoys smart humor with a hint of heart,” TV Land President Larry W. Jones said in a statement.

Impastor and Teachers are both set to premiere in 2015.

Will you tune in to TV Land’s new comedies? Hit the comments and tell us your thoughts!

1. Eric says:

Cool. Impastor has a good cast, and I like the concepts of both series.

2. yay Michael Rosenbaum is the most under rated actor on tv

3. ChrisGa says:

Love Michael Rosenbaum. Looking forward to Impastor.

4. Ryan says:

Michael Rosenbaum is great. It was hilarious listing to the commentary tracks on Smallville. He played such a serious character, but his commentaries were always funny.

5. Joey Padron says:

Happy Michael’s new show got pick up. Can’t wait to see him back on TV!

6. ninamags says:

2015????

Really?

Love, love, love Michael Rosenbaum.

7. aj says:

TV LAND SEEMS TO BE GETTING YOUNGER & EDGIER. … NICE!!!

All 3 comedies (Younger, Impostor, Teachers)all seem innovative and edgy.

I love the exes … now Im looking forward to more original comedies.

8. Terry says:

Looking forward to this program. Love the storyline.

9. Dotty says:

You’ve got to be kidding me! Your new shows are disgusting. Used to watch TV Land all the time. Hardly watch it anymore.

• rick says:

i agree with dotty what crap like teachers and impaster . how can t v land allow that kind of garbage show on their channel

10. Ditties is right…a lot of the new shows are “pure garbage”…tvland is no longer a place for my family!!!

11. Gregory dutcher says:

IMPASTOR IS JUST BLASPHEMOUS…no other words for it!!!

12. Melissa Hershey says:

I find the previews for “impastor” ridiculously disrespectful on so many levels and am so disappointed that TV Land and channel that started out showing classic wholesome tv, has subcome to a push by society to make everything ok- drugs, lies, and sexual immorality. I wish TV Land would reconsider airing this show.

13. tim says:

disgusting..how dare them.what a piece if crap! family??? who’s?

14. Shirley nations says:

I like watching TV Land, but will not watch it anymore if you let
    IMPASTORS come on. I highly resent you descrating the HOlY BIBLE and ALMIGHTLY GOD. Thy shall not use GOD’S name in vain.
    Watch out. GOD never sleeps.

• Ida Mae lofton says:

I am 96 years old and I’m asking you to not show “IMPASTORS on your channel. It is a sin to mock God. God is love, but he hates sin.
      “The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness” (Romans 1:18)
      “IMPASTORS” is wicked

15. Teena stuard says:

I beg you not to show “IMPASTORS” on your TV Land channel. It is not funny to mock God. It is dangerous. God is to be feared and given reverence, not made into a comedy. His name is holy. “IMPASTORS” uses God’s name in vain. Please do not allow it to show!

16. I am very concerned about the contents on your show, The Empastors. We can not laugh or wink at sin. Your show mocks God and that is forbidden in His holy word, the Bible. “Do not be deceived, GOD cannot be mocked.
    A man reaps what he sows”.
    (Galatians 6:7)

17. I can not and will not watch the TVLand new series, The impastors.
    Christian Pastors are anointed by God. They are called of God to speak the truth, to be God’s
    Messenger to a lost and dying world. Your show is very confusing to someone lost in sin. I pray you will ask for God’s forgiveness before it is too late. The impastors is very sinful. All sin will be punished. Turn to JESUS today.
    He will save you!

18. Paula McCall says:

It breaks my heart that a show like the Impastor is allowed to air on TV. Just seeing the commercial makes me sad that our world is coming to this, So much sin. I am praying that it will not be allowed to air. God help us!

19. cathy says:

I’m offended by your new show Impastor and not because he is gay, but because he is “posing” as a pastor. Will you cancel that? I thought this station was supposed to show classics like All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Sanford and Son? What happened to that?

20. Betty bates says:

God will deal with such mockery. What’s this world coming to? We are living in a world where morals are nonexistent in most people and disrespect for God and country is prevalent. God have mercy on us as a nation that has always honored Him.

21. C.A. says:

This is a disgusting show and an insult to all Christians everywhere. It isn’t funny. Take this garbage off the air!

22. medcrazed says:

i wonder if it would be as funny if it were based on:agnosticism,Amish,ancestor worship,animism,Asatrú,atheism,Aum Shinrikyo,Bahá’í Faith,Brahma Kumari,Branch Davidians,Buddhism,Celtic Paganism ,Chen Tao,Chinese religion,Apostolic Church in Zion,Confucianism,Dami,Xuanjiao,deism,Divine,Lightmission,Druidism,Druze,dualism,Ebionites,Eckankar,nosticism,Hare Krishna,Heathenism ,Heaven’s Gate,Hinduism,Humanism,Islam,Jain,Jedi Knights,Jehovah’s Witnesses, Judaism Mennonite,Mithraism,monotheism ,Mysticism,Native American Church,New Age,no religion,occultism,Order of the Solar,Temple,Paganism ,pantheism,People’s Temple,polytheism,Raja Yoga,Rastafarian,Ravidassia, Salvation Army, Santería,Satanism
    Scientology,Shamanism ,Shinto,Sikhism,Spiritualism,Taoism,theism ,Thelema
    Theosophy,Traditional African Church,Unification Church,Unitarianism,Unitarian-Universalism,Unitas Fratrum,Universalism
    ,Vodun/Voodoo,Wicca,Witchcraft,Yezidism,Zhu Shen Jiao,Zoroastrianism oragins?

23. Mick Brewster says:

If you don’t care for Impastor don’t watch it. I think so far its a pretty good comedy show. However, I’m not sure the premise will last as a regular series week after week.

24. Bernadette Kubiak says:

I am offended by the commercial for “Teachers”. The one where the little boy uses our Savior’s name in vain. Really, was it necessary. This is worse than cursing.

• Barbara Ketner says:

I totally agree. This should not be allowed to be on any network. I thought TV Land was a a family, decent network, but I won’t be watching this network anymore. To take The Lord’s name in vain is one of the 10 Commandments to NOT do. TV in general has resorted to sexual perversity and I only watch the news and an occasion movie. Hope others feel the same way and boycott shows like Teachers and Impastor.

• rick says:

I cant agree more with Bernadette how can anyone think using the lords name in vain is funny I hope all these comments help to keep this poor excuse for tv programs off t v

25. Grace says:

I loved the exsas

26. Grace says:

The impaster real good

27. Rebecca Keel says:

Love “Impastor” finally they come out with some real comedy that is hilarious and enjoyable to watch. THANK YOU “TVLAND” You Rock!!! Micheal Rosenbaum is breath of fresh air, Love him.