S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruits White Collar Vet Tim DeKay to Play Ward's [Spoiler]

Agents of SHIELD Tim DeKay

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will likely shed more light on HYDRA mole Grant Ward’s dark past when Tim DeKay guest-stars on the ABC sophomore.

RELATED Ratings: S.H.I.E.L.D. Slips to Low in Week 2

As first reported by Zap2It, DeKay — who in early August wrapped production on White Collar‘s final season — will appear in Episode 6, titled “A Fractured Rose,” as the S.H.I.E.L.D. prisoner’s older brother, Senator Maynard Ward.

As shown in Season 1’s “The Well,” the elder Ward regularly tormented if not outright abused his younger siblings. Grant ultimately acted out so much that, as revealed in Season 1’s “Ragtag,” he landed in a juvenile detention facility, where he was ripe for recruitment by S.H.I.E.L.D. specialist/HYDRA mole John Garrett.

RELATED S.H.I.E.L.D. Star Weighs In on Heartbreaking Twist, ‘Darker’ Season 2

In addition to his run as White Collar G-man Peter Burke, DeKay’s TV credits include appearances on Revenge, Body of Proof, Chuck and The New Adventures of Old Christine.

1. CPoC says:

you forgot Carnivale. I know, “It’s Not TV, It’s HBO”, but still. and not just an appearance either, but a central character.

• amy says:

Loved that show. I was so angry that HBO cancelled it for Rome….DeKay was one of my favorite characters, too.

• SMcMary says:

It’s funny you mention Carnivale because I’ve been thinking about checking that show out for the past few days. I only started watching White Collar in the last year and a half but I enjoy it immensely and wanted to know more about the actors’ previous roles. Perusing Tim Dekay’s VAST amount of credits on IMDB, this one stood out for me. And speaking of credits, may I suggest to TVline and Kimberly Roots that they feature Tim as their next subject for Memories from the Set. They might need two columns LOL.

• Joey says:

Carnivale is amazing and it was canceled five seasons too soon. D:

• CPoC says:

it was way ahead of its time, especially by TV show standard, is how I feel about it. look how successful Penny Dreadful turned out for Showtime. Carnivale would do very well in today’s climate.

2. murley says:

Really excited about this. Ward is fast becoming, in my opinion, one of the most intriguing characters on the show. Can’t wait to see more about his past and maybe shed more light on what is going on in his head.

3. Brigid says:

LOVED Carnivale! They ended that show with such a cliff hanger and Tim DeKay’s character was great. I’m so intrigued with him coming on SHIELD as Ward’s brother. What will we learn about Ward and will this lead him on the road to redemption? I can’t get enough of this show!

4. So Happy says:

I absolutely love Ward! Can’t wait to see his backstory. It’s going to explain a lot. This is one of my favorite shows to watch! :0)

5. Joey Padron says:

Glad Tim landed a good role after finishing White Collar. Can’t wait to see him on the show!

6. Fred says:

They really do look a lot like eachother

7. Penn says:

I really like Ward and this backstory is going to be so interesting! I hope it also sheds some light on possible hope for the character. I loved him with Skye.

8. Jimmy says:

Maynard? Really?

• Mary says:

Agents of SHIELD’s Facebook page has his name down as Senator Christian Ward. But if Maynard’s right. I agree. Not a good move.

• Tuesday says:

Maynard was given as the name of Ward’s older brother in the credits of the season 1 episode The Well, so actually I’m not entirely sure why the writers are now calling him Christian. But the point is, maybe that’s why the author of this article got confused and called him Maynard?

• Lexie says:

Ward has two brothers. Not sure if the younger one was ever named, so maybe they’ve just got the names muddled? Maynard is a very strange choice.

9. Deena says:

This makes me so happy. Love Tim from White Collar.

10. Zee says:

Was hoping for “boyfriend.” I guess this is fine, too. XD

11. Lexie says:

I think the most fascinating part of this is the fact that Ward’s brother is a Senator. SHIELD as it stands is already having crazy trouble with the government, but a Senator related to Ward? I’d say it was interesting, but I don’t really care for Ward.

Am considering a campaign to get Melinda May a decent plot line.

12. Mikael says:

Ward was an awful character until the twist. At least the reveal justified why he was so wooden for half the 1st season. I’m also glad to see May opening up too. The show is really finding its footing.

13. Donna MaMa says:

where is the Shield recap for this week (10/7)

14. ANNA says: