Lost Girl's Ksenia Solo Joins AMC's Turn as Series Regular in Season 2

Ksenia Solo Turn

Looks like a former Lost Girl has found her next major TV role.

RELATED Syfy’s Lost Girl Ending After Season 5, Star Anna Silk Announces

Ksenia Solo — whose character Kenzi (spoiler alert!) met her demise on the Syfy drama’s fourth season finale — will be a series regular on the second season of AMC’s Revolutionary War drama Turn, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Solo will play Peggy Shippen, a member of one of Philadelphia’s wealthiest families who finds herself romantically entangled with Benedict Arnold, played by The Mentalist‘s Owain Yeoman.

In addition to Lost Girl, Solo’s TV resume includes roles on shows like Life Unexpected and Nikita.

1. Love Ksenia, but what an odd role for her.

2. bj says:

What’s odd about playing someone’s love interest?

it will be good to see Owain again too.

• wordsmith says:

She is so thoroughly modern in most of her other roles, so the idea of her in a 1700’s costume drama is a bit of a disconnect.
      Also, despite being in her late 20’s, she still looks like a teenager, and Owain Yeoman… not so much.

• cannoir says:

took the words out of my mouth . She is too modern looking for any role in the 1700s.And frankly playing a love interest ain’t no upgrade. Poor Ksenja.

3. Ian says:

She’s been fabulous as Kenzi on Lost Girl all these years. Love this girl to death. A Revolutionary War period drama does seem at odds with her brand of spunk, but we’ll see. Hope this last season of LG doesnt say goodbye to her til the end though. I’m not sure if they’ve finished filming it all.

4. Eliza says:

I love her. Was my favorite character on Lost Girl.

5. I doubt Kenzi will stay dead.

6. Kate says:

So…..Kenzi really is gone then? Or is this a whole an actor can do a cable network with the weird scheduling of Canadian shows? Or has Lost Girl been officially cancelled? Because if not, this might change the whole purpose of the next season which kind of seemed set up for Bo to be searching for a way to reverse Kenzi’s sacrifice.

7. piper1299 says:

Ksenia can pull off any role thrown at her. She’s a fantastic actor with a diverse range. She’ll do just fine. I don’t think we’ve seen the last of her on Lost Girl either considering she’s a fan favorite. It would be utter madness not to bring her back for season 5, which if I, and many, many others, have our way, will not be the last season. Go to #ReNewLostGirlS6 on twitter to show your support.

8. So one or the other watched the video, but there was no comment.
    Without getting too poetic, I can tell you that the sun, cloudless blue sky,
    cool breeze, silence, and floating sensation of sailing brought
    tears to my eyes. Without any one of those, you will not be able to survive.

9. Billybobby says:

Glad to hear she’s off that ENDLESS show. On to better things.

HOT!

10. piper1299 says:

I agree and I always enjoy an engaging conversation :)

11. Whimsical says:

Nope. Not even Ksenia can stir my interest in a period piece. And if this role means Kenzi is coming back late or not at all, I’ll be even more upset.

• piper1299 says:

I’ll be very upset if she doesn’t return to Lost Girl. Her character is key to that show’s popularity. In terms of her role on “Turn”, I teach both history & English so period pieces are fine with me. I’m curious to see how she does in a more dramatic, non-comedic role.

12. Eddie Borrego says:

Ksenia Solo should have her own show or movie franchise. Rarely do you see such an amazing talent on screen as Ksenia Solo. I don’t know anything about “Turn” but if she is on it then I won’t miss a single episode!

13. piper1299 says:

NCIS isn’t the same without Cote, but she’s gone, and I wish her the best. I read the book based on her upcoming movie, and it was fantastic, add Cote to the mix, and it’s going to be amazing! Trust me. Give it a chance. No one is ever going to replace Ziva in Tony’s heart or in the heart of the fans, but we were given no choice but to move on. Clearly Cote is happy with the choices she’s made. The least we can do is respect that.