Fall TV Preview

Vampire Diaries: Elena's Post-Damon State, Stefan's New Life, Alaric's Game and More Season 6 Teasers

Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers

The vamps are (almost) back in town.

Actually, while The Vampire Diaries will soon return for Season 6 next Thursday, Oct. 2 (The CW, 8/7c), there’s still a magical wall keeping supernatural beings out of Mystic Falls. And that’s not even the biggest problem in store for Elena and the gang.

RELATED Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites, Including The Vampire Diaries

TVLine got a sneak peek at the season premiere, followed by a Q&A with executive producer Caroline Dries, and we’re sharing some teasers about Elena’s state, Damon and Bonnie’s whereabouts, Stefan’s new girl, Caroline’s bruised heart and much more. Read on to get the scoop:

* Damon’s death will reveal a dangerous new side of Elena.

* Stefan is far removed from Mystic Falls as he searches for a witch who can talk to the dead. He even adopts a different “life” with a new job — and a new girlfriend?! “We get to learn what his process is as a vampire, starting over and living a different identity,” Dries teases.

* If you sensed some tension/flirtation between Tyler and Liv in this sneak peek, you’re not crazy.

Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers* The biggest struggle for resurrected Original vampire Alaric isn’t bloodlust — it’s his lack of game when it comes to the ladies. “One of the problems he’s going to be having is just how to go on a normal date and be a normal guy again,” Dries says. Elena’s pretty new doctor mentor Jo (played by Prison Break‘s Jodi Lynn O’Keefe) “is going to bring that side out of him.”

VIDEO Vampire Diaries Season 6 Trailer: Stefan’s New Love Interest Revealed

* Caroline’s got a new place of residence, a new mission — finding a way to take down that magical border — and a lot of unreturned calls to Stefan. Ouch.

* With the Mystic Grill under renovation, Matt finds a new purpose in life. Sadly, the same cannot be said about wayward Jeremy.

* New series regular Michael Malarkey isn’t in the season opener, but fret not, Enzo fans, he’ll be back in Episode 2. “He is up to something that is on point with what’s going on in the Damon/Stefan story,” Dries teases.

* As for Damon and Bonnie’s whereabouts, all we can say without being turned into a member of the undead is that the mystery will be addressed.

* Doppelganger schmoppelganger. The “D” word has not been uttered once in the season’s first 10 episodes, Dries reveals. Instead, this season will “pepper in” the mythology, and witchy twins “Liv and Luke will play an important part” in that story.

Stay tuned to TVLine for much more Vampire Diaries scoop!

1. veepster says:

Nothing about any of this interests me nothing at all…. which bums me out cause this used to be my favorite show but season 4 was bad, season 5 was worse and nothing i read about season 6 sounds good to me.

• SAM says:

I understand – season 4 lost me.

• Rose says:

I feel the same .Fortunately I have decided not to watch.Bring on coherant storylines and not big plotholes to fit a fanbase.Bye Bye TVD.

• veepster says:

Oh i´m not gonna watch its off my DVR for this season i didn´t even finish season 5 still sad when one of your favs goes bad…

• Rose says:

You are like me.I didnt finish watch S5 either.Yup pretty sad.

• Ray says:

Sadly I forced myself to watch to the very end of season 5. Won’t be making that mistake again.

I feel liberated now that I’ve deleted TVD season pass off my DVR. Bye bye, Boringville!

• Letti says:

Me too. I left when they killed Katherine off.. Out of curiosity I read the articles. It’s sad because this was my number one favourite, but it helps that I see that nothing got better. I feel free now that I don’t watch.

• Robin says:

Yes! They had the chance to turn things around after two awful seasons, but I’m still reading about Elena being a whiny hag because of Damon (their relationship was one of the main reasons why I quit the show, they are bad for each other, not to mention awkward) and more uninteresting random storylines. SIGH

• SAM says:

And I keep reading articles about the show because it used to be a favorite I have hope that something will entice me back but nothing yet.

• MP says:

I agree. I used to love this show so much I’d watch it twice. Haven’t done that in a LONG time. I’m giving it a shot this season because of Alaric. I find it hard to cut the cord with shows I’ve watched for a long time.

2. Tran says:

Hope a lot of men including me still can’t get enough Nina Dobrev.

3. Babybop says:

The best thing about this article is that there’s only one sentence about Elena. I’ll give this season a shot – they need to redeem themselves from last season. I just can’t stand another second of Elena and Damon whining… If Damon wasn’t played by the sexiest man to step foot on this earth, I think I would have stopped watching altogether once Katherine was banished.

4. lollywho says:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I thought S4 was still watchable, even if it lacked balance, but S5 was an absolute disaster in every possible way. I keep reading articles hoping for something intriguing to pop up but, sadly, nothing. Damon has consistently been the most entertaining character on the show but the idea of watching 5-7 episodes of him and Bonnie McBoring wandering around AU Mystic Falls on their own holds zero appeal.

• Robin says:

Damon the most interedting character? Ugh no, he only gets worse and he’s always a cry-baby. Heputs me off the show. Actually Bonnie might be the only character able to make him interesting, since she ddoesn’t take any s#@$ from him

5. A says:

I haven’t been this excited about a new season of The Vampire Diaries since halfway through season 3. I lost interest when Alaric died at the end of season 3 and think it was a completly different show without him in season 4 and 5 and not in a good way. Now that he’s back, I have faith that the show can be good again. I’m looking forward to season 6 just because of Alaric.

6. Robert says:

I hope Luke gets to do some butt kicking this seaweed because he came off really weak and pointless, I also hope he get some kind of love life because what us the point of having there first serious gay character on the show if he is only going to be part of the background scenery?

7. Mary Kate says:

Woah I actually enjoyed that sneak peek of Liv and Tyler! Surprising chemistry. I hope this season gets TVD back to its roots

8. Lies says:

I am curious about stefan his storyline, but it still feels like the delena diaries. You would think that now that damon is out of the picture some feelings will be coming back for stelena. But that couple looks dead to me, and i just can’t stand elena’s character to only be about Damon. I hope that tvline will ask them about the state of the triangle, because since season 4 there hasn’t been one. So i really want to know how Julie and Caroline are going to explain it to all the stelena fans out there. As for season 6 i will watch it for stefan.bonnie, alaric and matt but that’s it.

9. Kira says:

Tired of the Elena/Delena Diaries!!! Stefan, Caroline, and Alaric are the only reason I’m giving this season a chance but I don’t have high hopes. TVD used to be must see tv for me but the quality of this show has gotten horrible. If they would just move Stefan and Caroline over to The Originals I could go ahead and delete it off my TiVo lol

10. Jenn says:

I keep waiting for a spoiler to make me want to watch this show again, and it’s just not happening. Everything we’ve been getting sounds dull, dreary, and half-formed.The only character I’m still invested in is Caroline, and it seems like everything involving her is going to revolve around her love life once again. I just can’t put myself through watching something that was so good to watch and now feels like an obligation to be fulfilled. I loved this show so much for the first four seasons, but I think it’s finally time to say goodbye.

11. Nikki says:

Does anyone care about Elena being “dangerous” again? I feel like this is the same “arc” for her character EVERY SINGLE SEASON. And it always ends the same. Elena becomes reckless and puts herself in harms way (or, more accurately, puts OTHERS in harms way) and then everyone in Mystic Falls comes together to save poor, little, always-the-victim, Elena. As for the other storylines, this show keeps getting worse and worse with every season.

12. Rook says:

So is Alaric a vampire?

13. Ashton says:

I think this show should wipe the slate clean. Right now, we’re watching Elena’s Diaries. Instead have the show be about Caroline and 2 love interests. It’s called ‘The Vampire Diaries’ for crying out loud. This show doesn’t have to about Elena, Stefan & Damon anymore.

14. cc says:

So many Stelenas complaining! Seriously if don’t watch the show, why bother reading an article about it?
    I for once am very excited about season 6. Yes, it maybe The Delena Diaries, and I love it.

• Lies says:

Not only the stelena fans are complaining, almost every tvd fan is complaining that doesn’t love delena. It is hard to watch a show when elena’s character is only busy with him, and not with her brother or friends. And it sucks what they are doing with caroline’s character, she would be better of in the originals as one of the lead ladies now that rebekah is gone. She deserves more. Same goes for bonnie and matt, those 2 are the characters that everybody loves but they don’t get many time on the show, yeah bonnie will now that she is with damon but after that she won’t anymore. And people keep reading the article’s because they have hope that they get a great spoiler that makes them want to watch to show again, the show that they used to love.

• Nikki says:

CC, it’s not just “Stelena” fans that are complaining. And I do watch the show, it used to be one of my favorite shows, but it’s SEVERELY gone down in quality over the past few seasons.

15. india says:

I can’t wait for the delena reunion. I hope there are better villains and storylines this season.

16. I do feel that this season will be lacking once again a decent storyline. I know the first arc of the season will be damon and bonnie finding their way home ( which is the only thing I’m excited about. Because those are the only two characters that haven’t been explored.). After they come back I hope it doesn’t revolve around damon/elena. There’s some many character developments and plots they could use like in season 1 and 2. I just hope it doesn’t get wasted on relationships because they show is more than that

17. Jj says:

The only interesting thing about this season is that Alaric is back. Too bad the rest of the show sucks, because I love him. I really think they should kill Elena off. It can still be the Vampire Diaries without her. The Salvatore brothers without her would easily carry the show. And the bonus would be no more boring love triangle…

18. lo' says:

I know it’s an old tune, but I really think Caroline would be better on The Original. It would shake things up, and it doesn’t look like she has that much going on in The Vampire Diaries?

19. Me says:

Season 5 wasn’t so bad, at least that’s how I feel. might not have been like the other seasons but TVD is still my favourite. I do, however, wish the whole Damon-Elena thing would just end. I’m hoping that as Bonnie and Damon are stuck in the other side feelings start to surface… maybe Stephan could date Caroline or just someone else, not Elena.. the series has revolved around her too much, other characters should be explored.

20. Christina Avina says:

I am so devastated that Damon and Bonnie are gone! :*(
    I love Damon and his super got bad ass attitude. I was rutting for his and Elena’s epic love to continue on. This so needs to happen. The show just won’t be the same without Damon and Bonnie. They play major roles in the show they have to return. Hopefully Bonnie and Jeremy can finally have there full chance at love and their relationship.
    PLEASE PLEASE BRING DAMON AND BONNIE BACK!!!!
    This is my favorite show ever and I just don’t feel it will be as good with them gone. Let’s just wish for their return!!

21. WitchesBrew says:

I am very please with ALL the seasons of TVD. I LOVE Delena and cant wait for Damon to come back. I cried like a baby when he died. Katherine deserved to die. Stefan has me wondering what he’s up to. Elena could never forget Damon. Their love is too strong. I think Caroline needs to get a grip and stop trying to be with Stefan. Luke and Liv will find a way to help with the Bamon situation. The makings of yet another kick ass season!

22. nadinebeetge says:

Hey everyone =)

I have extremely high hopes for this season, I’ve always been a fan and I don’t watch it out of obligation. I watch it simply because I love it!! Caroline is one of my favorite characters and I so wish for Steroline to be a thing. I love Bonnie and Damon, and that storyline is really interesting. Alaric is back so that is awesome. I also like Enzo and they all bring a twist to this show. Its sad that most of you feel this way, but you have the right to voice your opinions. The cool thing about this season so far is that there are no “extra supernatural thingies”. Its just the characters and their storylines. Remember when you finished with an episode and you couldn’t wait for next week’s one… And you rewatched it and even googled the synopsis- this is how you will feel about this season. I most surtainly do… Damn I love this show =)