Exclusive

Elementary Season 3 Mini-Trailer Pits Joan vs. Sherlock's New Protégé

Loading video...

Meow!

The claws — and batons — are out in TVLine’s exclusive Elementary mini-trailer as Sherlock’s new student Kitty (played by Ophelia Lovibond) and Joan come face-to-face for the first time.

RELATED Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites, Including Elementary

When Season 3 kicks off on Oct. 30 (CBS, 10/9c), “Things don’t get off to a great start” between the two women, executive Rob Doherty tells TVLine. “In fact, their first confrontation is physical.”

Elsewhere in the extended promo, tensions appear to be at an all-time high between Joan and Sherlock following his return to New York; guest star Gina Gershon has a death wish for one of the main characters; and Watson appears to be peeping in her former mentor’s home.

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts on Elementary Season 3.

1. Kate says:

Like the trailer. Praying that Season 3 will be better than the garbage that was Season 2. I wish the show would respect Joan’s story more. And more Marcus Bell! And more Ms Hudson!

• DL says:

I thought Season 2 was pretty good. Joan definitely needed some better material, but I really enjoyed the Mycroft storyline and the Moriarty reappearance, and there were some great cases-of-the-week.

• Mary Ann says:

I have thoroughly enjoyed both seasons of Elementary. I don’t know why you continue to watch a show you don’t like. I wouldn’t.

• Moment says:

I only personally disliked the Mycroft storyline at the end of Season 2, it was painfully slow and dull. The drop in ratings obviously implied the Nielsens didn’t like it much either. I think they need more Holmes/Bell stuff/cop station drama.

2. Tran says:

I know October 30th can’t come soon enough once Thursday Night Football is done at CBS. Hope Elementary may give How to Get Away With Murder and the final season of Parenthood a run for their money in the 10 p.m. Thursday night time slot.

3. Mary Ann says:

I really like Sherlock’s clean shaven look. I am so over the grubby looking 3 days of beard growth style.

4. Heidi says:

What’s up with the “Media not found”?

5. Josh says:

I’m excited that this means Watson is doing her thing. I sort she got a bit shortchanged in season 2, not a lot of her own storylines, getting kidnapped. Compared to her vital role in season one and the fact she did what Sherlock could not in the finale, i was a step back.

Yes, it sucks that they’ll be competing(for a bit) but I think it’s a huge step forward for Joah.

6. Lizo says:

I really hope they don’t go too far with the “women battling” stuff. The show is better than that. I’m holding off judgement for now though and remaining optimistic

7. Annie says:

Jeez Louise – October 30?! That’s just mean, man.

8. Tammy says:

I dont kno how many times I already watched this promo :P
    Really counting the days for the season premiere (:
    I have faith. I really disliked S2, but, as far I can see [And I really hope Im right], they are reserving interesting things for S3.

9. Lynee says:

So excited that Christian Camargo will be in series! He will add some edge in the show!

10. Nomin says:

Can somebody please tell me the name of that sonata? I’ve been trying to find it forever.

11. Mitra says:

Initially, I was a little alienated with the first episode of season three, but then someone, a British academic actually convinced me of the excellent qualities of this episode. The fact that Brownstone seemed almost like a shipwreck and even the helmet Sherlock was wearing was what was worn underwater at the time. So, the end of season two was, for all intent and purposes a shipwreck for Sherlock and now his new shaven look, his offer of the olive branch to Watson and everything else that’s new in this episode is almost like reappearing from the depth, as though Sherlock has gained life again, since he has learnt new things about himself as well.
    What is always extraordinary about Elementary is the progressive nature of it and how it always moves forward and never stays the same.

12. victory says:

love elementary….but they introduced a new girl…..bad bad bad choice….lost it’s magnetism….lost it’s appeal….too scattered now…..where have the good writers gone…..please have the new girl leave to take care of her aging grandmother…..it’s an insult to lucy liu…..she is splitting image of the famous nefertiti statue, and great actress…..how dare they upstage her!!!

13. Pegathee says:

Don’t care for the new girl. Is she permanent?

14. J sallows says:

Have tried for several years to watch and enjoy Elementary, however, between the rich British accents and the rapid, occasional mumbling, I often give up! And,now, there’s Kitty, complete with her thick accent…Am I alone?!