Fall TV Preview

Vampire Diaries Season 6 Photos: Tyler Lashes Out, Matt Suits Up and More

Vampire Diaries Season 6

The first photos from The Vampire Diaries‘ sixth season premiere (Oct. 2, The CW) have arrived, and we’re getting all choked up — though not as badly as Luke, who’s literally being choked by everyone’s favorite former hybrid.

RELATED Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites, Including The Vampire Diaries

Yes, Tyler appears to be taking out his anger on the Wonder Twin, not unlike Elena is seen doing in the first Season 6 trailer. (Luke and Liv must have a pretty good reason to be sticking around, considering all the abuse they’re facing.)

Other highlights in the new Season 6 gallery include:

* Matt rocking what could be a Mystic Falls Police Dept. t-shirt of some sort. (Sorry, I know you were hoping there wouldn’t be a shirt at all, but this is still exciting.)

* Alaric getting his flirt on with Elena’s medical mentor Jo, played by Hit the Floor‘s Jodi Lyn O’Keefe.

* Caroline having (I assume) a tense conversation with Alaric about the current state of the group, particularly Elena and Jeremy’s downward spirals.

What do you make of the first photos from The Vampire Diaries Season 6? Drop a comment with your hopes and fears in the comments section below.

1. Spitey Spice says:

I’m having an ongoing problem with multiple articles on this site the last couple days. I click on the jump link, get that annoying Blacklist ad that says I’ll be redirected in 10 seconds, but I never am. And the Continue link doesn’t work. I have to copy the URL and paste it into a new browser window. Could just be me, but I doubt it – says it’s a javascript error.

2. phuong says:

I’m so over Tyler At first I liked his character but now I just want him to die yet he keeps coming back

• wordsmith says:

I kind of agree. He is easily the least interesting member of the core cast at this point.

• Jenny says:

None of them are interesting anymore. Elena’s whole world seems to revolve around Damon. Stefan isn’t allowed to be happy. Caroline’s love life (with Tyler) was destroyed the moment that Klaus became a central character. Even Katherine became dull when they broke up her relationship with Elijah (they almost redeemed her in scenes in Stefan, until she died.)

• Rook says:

Agreed! His character hasn’t been useful or interesting since he turned into a werewolf.

• Jenny says:

That’s because his best scenes were always with Caroline and Matt. Back in Seasons 2 and 3, when the show was at its best, still centered around Stefan and Elena, and the writers didn’t pander to the wish fulfillments of Damon and Klaus fans on twitter (which unfortunately has been the case since Season 4).

• Jenny says:

That’s no fault of Michael Trevino. He’s not given good material to work with anymore. The writers purposefully ruined him when all the Klaus fans on twitter demanded to Julie Plec that they hook up ‘Klaroline’. Tyler’s relationship with Caroline was one of the most genuinely appealing romances on the show, and the writers destroyed it to please a fanbase of a ‘couple’ that was never together in the first place. The Klaroline sex scene was unbelievably contrived and gross.

• Fizzy says:

I totally agree with you Jenny. Forwood was the only genuinely appealing romance on the show to me. It’s a shame they threw all that away for like you said, a contrived and gross sex scene not to mention completely pointless. I even dropped the show after that because it was just so ridiculous. The writers showed they were no better than rabid fangirls.

Tyler is the only character I still like and the ONLY reason I might tune in again. I want to see him find some happiness. :)

• Damon crazy says:

Ooh I think it was great. Klaus said Tyler is her first love; he wanted to be her last…so EPIC! After all she always did call him first..most of the time. I am hoping that she gets with Stefan and Elena back with Damon..in some way…
        And the rest can be a guess. Julie Plec is great!!

• Letti says:

Back in season 2, Tyler was one of my favourites. Forwood’s story was beautiful. THe problem is, that in season 3 their relationship revolved only about sex, that’s why people became uninterested. And yeah, the writers destroyed Forwood to fulfill the wish of Klaroline fans. (BTW I loved Klaroline scenes, but hoped they won’t become an item.)
      Ever since Klaus killed his mother, Tyler’s only storyline was revenge on Klaus. It’s no wonder no one is interested anymore. The writers ruined him like they ruined every character. BTW Michael Trevino is awesome, he would deserve better. As I don’t watch TVD anymore, I would gladly see him on TO. His two eps were awesome. He could have benn a great enemy of Klaus.

• Damon crazy says:

Tyler is great. Need that Hybrid. .if he is still one;) and if not would still like to see what is in store for him:)

3. Michelle says:

Literally all Tyler does is lash out…

4. Erin says:

Jodi Lyn will forever be Nash Bridge’s daughter to me. I’m just happy to have Alaric back. Didn’t care for him in the books, but Matthew Davis’ portrayal is awesome.

5. Jenny says:

What happened to this show? It’s been a total disgrace and had lazy scriptwriting ever since Kevin Williamson left. Kevin adored Tyler, and he would never have let them destroy Trevino’s character this way. Ridiculous.

6. Kenny says:

I might be in the minority, but I’m excited to see Luke and Liv again. I found them to be very refreshing and interesting. I’ve always found the withes to be the most interest on TVD and The Originals. I also think Tyler would fit in better on The Originals. I really like when he appeared there last season. I’m also a sucker for crossovers.

7. Anne says:

Isn’t that a hate crime?

8. Letti says:

9. lorna says:

Love jodi. Please get rid of the twins, they’re a painful reminder of s5. And RIIIIIIIIC!!!!!!

10. RUTH says:

okk..thanks for telling us about Matt, Tyler, Caroline, Elena, Alaric, and Jeremy….i don’t give a damn about what they are upto….i wanna know about DAMON.

11. relationship teller says:

Every single friend of mine thinks that Stefan and Caroline should be come a item.i mean I think they would be cute together BUT I think her and Klaus becoming an item would be better I just I mainly want those to together so I can see the look on Tyler’s face LOL.

12. relationship teller says:

I so HATE!! uhh……….. I mean dislike tyler.

13. relationship teller says:

SAY I IF YOU HATE….. DISLIKE TYLER AS MUCH AS I DO!!

14. relationship teller says:

I totally agree damon crazy that was sooooooooooo sweet and generous of Klaus[that is a rare thing in Klaus unless of course its caroline] Klaus is HOT damon is HOT Stefan is HOT all the dudes on the vampire diaries are HOT [except tyler no offence Michael]