Fall TV Preview

HBO Sets Premiere for Newsroom's Final Run, The Comeback and More

The Newsroom Final Season

HBO’s The Newsroom will at long last return — for its third and final, six-episode season — on Sunday, Nov. 9, at 9/8c.

RELATED Fall TV Spoilerpalooza: Exclusive Scoop and Photos From 42 Returning Favorites

Leading out of The Newsroom on the same night, at 10 pm, Lisa Kudrow’s cult-hit comedy The Comeback will make its comeback, with an eight-episode run of half-hour episodes.

RELATED The Leftovers‘ Carrie Coon Talks Silent Finale Surprise, Liv Tyler’s Punishment and Season 2 ‘Terror’

Completing HBO’s fall Sunday line-up is the six-episode second season of the hospital comedy Getting On, airing at 10:30 pm.

TVLine’s hand-carved Fall TV Calendar has thusly been updated.

VIDEO: The Newsroom Final Season Teaser

1. Tran says:

Got a feeling the series finale of The Newsroom is going to air on December 14th.

2. Grey says:

The last season of the Newsroom is only going to be 6 episodes? Wow, that’s the first I’ve heard of that which makes me sad!

If the Comeback is 8 episodes, that means it’ll air past Christmas…or December 21st will end up being two back to back episodes for the finale (similar to Veep)

3. Anon says:

Wait, I am pretty sure HBO ordered 6 episodes of The Comeback, too.

4. Ray says:

Excited for the return of The Comeback and Getting On!

5. No…Newsroom 9-10, The Comeback 10-10:30 and Getting On 10:30-11

6. webly3 says:

SO EXCITED for The Comeback and Getting On.

7. M says:

A short season?! This pains my soul.

8. Tom says:

Really, why can’t we go full screen from this site?

9. Deion says:

The Newsroom ending was a shame when they first announced it, but 6 episodes makes it more sad.

10. evconvent says:

I can’t believe The Newsroom will only be 6 episodes. What a shame! It’s such a great show and deserves more than a partial season for it’s last.

11. sarahliz says:

I’ve defended Sorkin from the very first episode. I can’t defend him for doing this. It’s a little like adopting a puppy and then abandoning it when it becomes a dog.

• I think Sorkin’s ego just couldn’t handle the well-deserved constructive / negative feedback he got on the first two seasons, and he is just walking away. The Newsroom has definitely cemented its position as my LEAST favorite Sorkin work ever.

I’ll still watch it, but … no bueno.

12. Pat says:

Why only shortened season, and why last season…great show.
    sorkin is such a great writer…why stop now?

• Margaret says:

late showi,g up for this but just this month watched all episodes of The Newsroom on Amazon. Aaron Sorkin is a great writer. Actors, direction, everything good about the show characters were just developing now bam…please bring it back.

13. This sounds in a way inflammatory pending mecant wait for thisthank you!

14. Appreciate it for helping out, superb info.

15. Julio c vega says:

After caching up with all episodes I don’t see a reason why to cancel The Newsroom series. I’ll say is more than a HBO series, is like a behind scenes of a real tv news program. HBO should reconcider and keep this series for a longer time.

16. Jerry says:

I was looking forward to the next season and am disappointed that they are airing only 6 episodes to the end.

17. Marsha Kreucher says:

I love this show!! I don’t understand why it is being cancelled. Aaron Sorkin is an amazing writer…best ever, and the show is the most substantive, well acted, dynamic show on television. Is there seriously a quest to squash all intelligent drama? I would hope HBON would change its mind about this. It’s such a loss to viewers.

• Margaret says:

late showing up for this but just this month watched all episodes of The Newsroom on Amazon. Aaron Sorkin is a great writer. Actors, direction, everything good about the show characters were just developing now bam…please bring it back.

18. Lisa says:

So sad to hear this news! I love this show.

19. debra says:

only 3 seasons is truley dissappointing, this is the best TV show on television. There wasnt one episode i didnt love. The cast was perfect and totally enjoyable. This TV series will be missed very much.