Exclusive

Bryan Fuller's High Moon Pilot for Syfy: Watch the First Four Minutes Now

DW

Ready for something out of this world?

Syfy, which earlier this year passed on Bryan Fuller’s High Moon pilot, is repackaging the 90-minute opener as a TV movie, and we’ve got an exclusive first look at the heart-stopping first four minutes.

RELATED Fall Preview 2014: Your Handy Calendar of 99 Premieres

An adaptation of John Christopher’s 1969 young adult sci-fi novel The Lotus Caves, the project — penned by Jim Danger Gray (Pushing Daisies) — is set in a future in which the countries of Earth have established colonies to mine the moon’s resources. However, chaos erupts after a new life form is discovered.

The cast includes Parenthood‘s Jonathan Tucker, Easy A‘s Jake Sandvig and 24‘s Chris Diamantopoulos.

Press PLAY below for glimpse of Moon, and then watch the entire pilot on Sept. 15 at 9/8c on Syfy.

Loading video...

1. obe says:

The JJ Abrams school of lens flare. But I’m excited about everything Bryan Fuller.

2. Jen says:

looks different.

3. Cesar88 says:

Whenever a Bryan Fuller pilot isn’t pick up an angel loses his wing and 100 baby seals are punched in the face.

4. bobby says:

That looked horrible,, acting sucked

5. Ray says:

Syfy and made-for-TV-movie? Pass!

6. Yep, I would have passed on that one also….Syfy give us Stargate back!

7. Et al says:

It sounds like an exercise in frustration to watch a pilot that will never continue (unless it’s David Lynch turning a rejected pilot into an oscar-nominated theatrical film).

• Cory says:

Eh, not necessarily. I am very happy that I got to see Babylon Fields (the CBS one) and I also loved seeing Mockingbird Lane, also by Fuller. Both rank among my favorite pilots ever actually, as you can probably tell I love offbeat things, and even though it pains me that they didn’t make it to series I’ve rewatched each a couple of times.

As for this I’ll have to see all of it to make a judgment but I don’t think I’ll necessarily regret this being passed over especially if it means the possibility of seeing another Fuller project in the future.

• Zayne says:

It is. Fox did the same thing with Virtuality a few years back and all watching that got me was pissed the they stupidly passed on it to series.

8. Temperance says:

I love Fuller, but wow, that was the pits.

9. Jen S. says:

I didn’t expect too much from this since SyFy didn’t pick it up for series, but I thought with Bryan Fuller’s name attached it would at least be worth the 4-minute watch. Yikes. Nevermind.

10. dreamlife613 says:

*sigh* Was this supposed to be a comedy? I didn’t laugh, but I felt like they expected laughs. Also, where was this filmed? Outer space looked like black screens with white dots printed all over it.

Please let The Expanse be good. After seeing the quality of Dominion, Z Nation, and 12 Monkeys, I’m starting to worry.

11. David4 says:

I don’t understand why they didn’t just do a BSG, air the pilot then decide based on response and ratings?

12. Bark Star says:

Wow, that was really bad in all aspects.

13. Darth Jackie Chan says:

This looks awful. Embarrassingly so.

14. Joseph says:

Another absurd response to a problem in which they both run together instead of going off sideways. If several people are being persued why would they all stay together? Strange how they seem to have normal Earth gravity and can’t jump or leap away.

15. Alan says:

I’m a huge fan of Bryan Fuller, however that looks awful!

16. Patrick says:

Who was the beautiful girl that played the daughter of the General in charge of the American base?
    I am in loce.
    She is very talented and I’d love to see more of her!

17. Andrea says:

I dunno, I really enjoyed it. I really wish there’d be more episodes to watch. I loved the acting, it was amazing to watch bisexual russian spies, space flowers & the dino-robot, not to mention the great casting! Like, wow, I’m so SO sad that I can’t enjoy more of this great show.

18. Raggedy Mann says:

So bad but so good, a very much must see movie