TVLine Items: Juicy Good Wife Promo, CHiPS Movie Casting and More

The Good Wife Season 6

Good Wife fans, prepare for the seven most game-changing words you’ll hear all day: “We are now Florrick, Agos and Lockhart.”

RELATED Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites!

The first official promo for the upcoming sixth season of CBS’ legal drama has hit the web, and it promises major power struggles — you know, for a change — as Diane joins Alicia and Cary’s new firm and Eli continues to pressure Alicia about running for State’s Attorney. (Spoiler alert: She’s still not interested.)

The Good Wife returns Sunday, Sept. 21, at 9/8c. Check out the promo below:

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* A film version of the ’70s cop show CHiPS is in the works at Warner Bros., our sister site Deadline reports, starring Dax Shepard (Parenthood) and Michael Peña (Chozen).

* TBS has cancelled former Voice coach CeeLo Green’s reality series The Good Life after one season.

* Netflix has struck a (very early) deal to exclusively carry all potential seasons of Fox’s upcoming Batman prequel drama Gotham.

* The Hollywood Film Awards will be broadcast live on CBS for the first time on Friday, Nov. 14, beginning with a red carpet pre-show at 7:30/6:30c.

* Showtime’s Ray Donovan this Sunday drew 1.5 million total viewers, up 10 percent week-to-week to score its largest audience of Season 2.

1. Steven says:

YES! Cannot wait for the premiere! This season is going to be good.

2. Amie says:

I’m not sure FAL is the best acronym for a law firm, but I guess, as long as they don’t add an I partner between Agos and Lockhart, they’re probably ok.

3. Edward says:

I hope Diane takes Julius to the new law firm as well.

• bar says:

I don’t. Otherwise it’s just the three against Lee and Canning, which will be like any other episode of TGW. Having Julius at the former Lockhart/Gardner will give it a reason for existing.

• Will says:

He’s barely been on the series over the last two seasons as it is! It always bothered me every time they had a equity partners meeting to vote on something and you didn’t see him there.

4. Tran says:

Dax Shepard as Jon and Michael Pena as Ponch for the big screen version of CHiPs is the one reason I’m not looking forward to. Wonder if there’s going to be cameo appearances by the original Ponch and Jon: Erik Estrada and Larry Wilcox. BTW, I still dig the CHiPs theme music.

5. Eric says:

Oh my, that CHIPs movie. That could either be very good or very, very bad.

6. Why do I get the impression that the CHiPs remake is going to be another “turn a decent drama into a stupid campy comedy” feeling? I don’t even know the actors involved and I’m just sure that’s the way it’s going to be.

On the plus side that Good Wife promo is great. Can’t wait for the new season.

7. Mary Ann says:

I really hope she does not decide to run for State’s Attorney. I much prefer the courtroom stuff. The political stuff is not my favorite part of the show.

8. AnnieM says:

Good Lord NO to this CHiPs movie. I despised what Ben Stiller did to Starsky & Hutch. This sounds just as bad.