Prison Break Reunion: Dominic Purcell Joins Wentworth Miller on The Flash

Dominic Purcell Wentworth Miller

Is Central City adjacent to Fox River?

RELATED Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites, Including Arrow

Dominic Purcell (Prison Break) has been tapped to play pyromaniac Mick Rory — aka Heatwave — in Episode 10 of The Flash, according to The Hollywood Reporter, reuniting him with former Prison Break co-star Wentworth Miller, who will first appear as Leonard Snart — aka Captain Cold — in Episode 4. The two actors played brothers on the late Fox drama, which ran from 2005 to 2009.

As previously reported, Robert Knepper (who played T-Bag on Prison Break) will be crossing over to The Flash from Arrow this season — reprising the role of The Clock King — while Peter Stormare (Prison Break‘s Abruzzi) will be appearing on Arrow as the new Count Vertigo.

Prison Break fans, your thoughts on this long-awaited reunion? Drop ‘em in the comments section below.

1. JoeTV says:

Excellent. Now let’s find roles for Amaury Nolasco and William Fichtner!!!!!

2. Moment says:

With the right promo, they could do very well out of this by appealing to Prison Break fans who may tune in to see them both.

3. Superheroic says:

Always liked Dominic Purcell since “John Doe.”

4. sarah j says:

I love this news!

5. Drew says:

Cool. There are some good names attached to the shows this year.
    Now all we need is for the producers to take Liam Neeson up on his offer to reprise the role of Ra’s al Ghul and we’re all set.

• Moment says:

As much as I would love to see that, I would imagine him being too expensive. If they do get him, I would imagine they would need to maximise what time they have with him on the screen.

• Drew says:

His price would depend on him. As long as they pay him whatever the union demands for a guest starring role, I imagine he could ask as little or as much as he wanted. A role like this probably wouldn’t be for the money though.
        But yeah, it would depend on how they want to use the character and what his schedule is like. Still, Liam Neeson offered to be on a CW show. That is something that they should take seriously, because it could be the biggest “get” that the network has ever had.

• Moment says:

I agree with you, and do think that Warner Bros would be foolish to not talk with the man. Until they sit down with him and discuss terms, anything is possible.

• (CBR) With season three of “Arrow” returning to The CW on Oct. 8, it’s highly unlikely they’re still looking for someone to play Ra’s al Ghul, who they’ve teased as the villain in the upcoming third season. But if they did still need to find someone to lord over the League of Assassins, a former Ra’s is willing and able to rise from the Lazarus Pit.

“I would, in a heartbeat, if it came my way, yeah,” actor Liam Neeson told MTV News about playing the role on “Arrow.”

Just Google Neeson and Arrow.

• I want my 500 TVLine points :P #rasalghul

• Moment says:

The lack of a casting announcement for the character could be a good sign. You’d want to show your key players to drum up hype, it worked for Once Upon a Time.

• Oded Fehr is most people’s favorite. He already voiced the character in an animated appearance.

• Delirious says:

Even if I think Neeson would be an awesometastic get for the show (and, by extension, for CW)… I’d personally go with Fehr as well, even if it’s for the ethnicity issue. Ra’s is of arabic (and half-japanese) origin, and they already introduced Nyssa Al Ghul with exotic features (I’d say they even emphasized them when preparing Katrina Law’s look), so I’d say it’d make sense to grab someone non-caucasian. Especially if DC are saying that they wanna keep the TVverse and the movieverse separate.

So yeah, I’m divided here. Head says Fehr, heart says Neeson… Gah.

• ComeOn says:

Based on the question asked and the way Neeson was quoted, it is unclear he was answering to film or movie. He might be thinking all those WB films listed to come out the next few years rather than the CW show.

6. Pati says:

awsome news, I haven’t seen Wentworth Miller in a very long time. Prison Break was such a good show

7. TL says:

This show is gonna ROCK!!!!!

8. Delante says:

Man October needs to hurry up! Flash is gonna be sick!!

9. Drew says:

They did heavily tease him in the preview for the new season, showing his body. If they don’t pay off that tease, I think people might be a little upset.

10. Greg says:

Are they appearing in any episodes together?

11. Temperance says:

Love Purcell, like Miller, but the world just mike collapse under the weight of those dreadful, utterly unflattering haircuts. Seriously. Bad. And I’m a massive fan of short, masculine hair on guys. It’s extremely unflattering on both of them (that style is rarely flattering on anyone, and wy would you do it when you have the hair not to?).

• Bwhit says:

You do realize that it is probably an old picture from their Prison Break days? They needed to look alike b/c they played brothers.

• Temperance says:

Miller still had short hair this summer, and I’ve seen nothing since PB ended quite a while ago where Purcell has changed his look either. So, it could very well be a current picture.

12. Bwhit says:

This is excellent news! I was so excited when I heard Wentworth Miller signed on but now Dominic Purcell too?!? This is a Prison Break fans dream (I want them to have at least one scene together) The Flash is going to be a must watch.

13. Joey Padron says:

Great casting news! The Flash have some great guest stars in their first season so far.

14. liz says:

oh jeez, I’m just so excited now.

15. kacey says:

Went worth Dominic and from what I recall Robert is reappearing as the clock king on the flash as well

16. All the actors from Prison Break should play rogues in Flash and Arrow, leading to a rogue-centered crossover between the two. Who should play Pied Piper and who should play Trickster?

17. Alice says:

Is there any connection production-wise for this reunion? Maybe an ex-producer of Prison Break is now apart of Arrow? Anyone know?

• RichieS says:

It would be great if after these guys are all captured by Flash they could share a cell ! And could there possibly be a villainess role for Sarah Wayne Callies?

18. LaPiquante says:

I love that The Flash loves Prison Break actors. Almost as much as Arrow loves Glee guest actors.

19. Kait says:

If i could like this a million times i would… LOVE PRISON BREAK… I’m so happpy they are all coming back together. They could make a show with all them on it again <3<3<3<3

20. its has been long time to watch presion break when that be released