Friends Reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow Reprise Their Roles on Kimmel

It was the Friends reunion no one saw coming.

RELATED Friends Opening Pop-Up Central Perk In Manhattan This Fall

During what appeared to be a routine visit to Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Wednesday, Jennifer Aniston suddenly found herself stepping back into Rachel Green’s shoes — but not her iconic wig, no sir — with a few surprise guests along for the ride.

Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow, both reprising their respective Friends roles, also joined the sketch, a skeevy work of Ross/Rachel fanfiction which included a throwaway line about Monica sleeping with her brother.

(Did we mention the whole thing went down in an exact replica of Monica’s kitchen?)

RELATED 10 Things We Absolutely Hated About Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show Debut

Hit PLAY on the Friends reunion above, then drop a comment below: Should this reunion happen for real, perhaps also with Chandler, Joey and the real Ross?

1. Simon says:

Okay is Jennifer Anistion being ironic or does she really seem pissed at this? I know they said they won’t do a reunion a million times but it seems to happen more often in small segments like this. Just remember the stint on a year or so back. Still, I don’t think something like that will ever happen under serious circumstances. Too bad, I can still watch that show without a break.

• Emily says:

She is good friends with Jimmy Kimmel, so I doubt she was really mad. She was acting. Courteney Cox is her best friend and they have remained close with Lisa Kudrow.

2. israelvlopez says:

Reblogged this on diarios de vicodina and commented:
    Remembering Friends.

• Janet says:

I don`t know,guys,I think Jennifer was acting,but she sure didn`t seem overly friendly,or even excited, or happy to see her co-stars. Puzzled,I always thought she was one of the likeable famous actresses,lol !

• Kristy says:

I’ve always really like Jennifer Anniston but after seeing this and a few of hero ther appearances where anyone even mentions Friends she comes off like a total bitch.

3. Basil says:

Jennifer Aniston was so pissed you can clearly see it on her face, she was this close on punching Jimmy in the face,I don’t know i didn’t like it because Jennifer was forced to do it to avoid embarrassment on TV which ended up not being funny or nostalgic.

• Jim says:

She was not pissed, that was a joke. She is an actress, so her irritation was believable, but of course, it was a joke.

• Mary says:

Agreed. It was a joke. She was acting. They are very good friends. They went away together for Xmas so there’s no way she was mad. It was all scripted.

• Do you even watch tv? She was playing pissed off…..Notice how she didn’t seem surprised that Courtney or Lisa came on stage? You mouth breathers are dumb.

• Brooke says:

I agree with you. Plus They usually ask the actors when they come on about their show ideas and if they are willing to participate so clearly she didnt say ‘no’ to it. And she is still close with the cast, especialy Cox, so she didnt need to be surprised…she already keeps in contact with them.

• Julie says:

Jennifer is good friends with both Jimmy Kimmel and especially Courtney Cox. It’s my understanding that she remains close with Lisa Kudriw. I highly doubt she was pissed and with how close she and Courtney are, I find it hard to believe that she didn’t know it was coming.

4. Valerie says:

Wow, Jennifer seems really irritated. Even more so than Courtney and Lisa.

• Simon says:

I guess those two were explicitly invited to do this since it was supposed to be only Jennifer for the interview. Also: I never got any negative vibe towards friends from Lisa Kudrow if I’m not mistaken. This can not be said about Courtney Coc though.

• Phil says:

Her irritation isn’t real, it was all an act (and she’s obviously acting bad in purpose to get the point across, the irritation is clearly fake), she knew what was coming, she isn’t surprised at all when Courtney and Lisa show up for example.

5. Valerie says:

If they do decide to every do a real reunion, I hope it isn’t forced like this was.

6. naesal2014 says:

What piece of Crap!!

7. K says:

I can’t believe people think Jen is actually pissed off, guess she’s a better actress than most people think. She knows exactly who’s going to turn up and what happens, even with the wig it’s a joke because for years she’s been saying how she never liked the Rachel haircut. Lighten up guys!

8. Sarah says:

Jennifer Aniston is friends with Jimmy Kimmel – she was just pretending to be annoyed. If she was really that upset she wouldn’t have bee that obvious about it. I am sure she knew about this ahead of time

9. Love “Friends”. Can’t stand Jimmy Kimmel.
    The gals really went slumming on this one.

10. Leludington says:

Give us the same writers and a couple of the original cast and its sure to be a hit. Issues singles had in the 90’s continue to plague those generations and “Friends” was always their go-to for something that related. Sure, do I think they need God in their personal life, yes, it would help. But if that isn’t going to happen, they are going to need each other in the next phases of their lives. Why not make it funny!! Wishing the Best to the writers, producers, directors, and cast & crew!!!!

11. Annilynn says:

LoL. Kinda sad people actually think Jennifer is actually upset. Things like this are never a surprise. The guest ALWAYS knows it’s coming.

12. Rebecca says:

Hahah Jennifer was not pissed, relax folks. She is good friends with Kimmel. Now I just need Fallon to complete his Saved by the Bell reunion because California Dreams was good but not SBTB.

13. Why? I’m bored enough with TV now.

14. Yes this reunion should happen i love to watch that show i watch all the reruns. yes Chandler.Joey and Ross should be in it to

15. BetsyBoo says:

Inquiring minds want to know: How did ABC bag this reunion and not NBC? Understanding that it wasn’t a *real reunion and JA and JK are great friends, but I would wager NBC is not happy about it.

16. Bradster says:

It’s called a skit. She was acting. That was amazing!! Could it BE anymore perfect?! I need a reunion!!

• Sasha says:

Exactly!

Makes me want to haul out my Friends DVDs.

Not that its buried far mind you but all the sign lately has been pointing to be watching fromt he beginning again!

17. hello!,I really like your writing so much! proportion we keep in touch extra
    approximately your article on AOL? I need a specialist on this space to unravel my problem.
    May be that’s you! Having a look ahead to see you.

18. Sasha says:

Loved this!

All the feels were there!. They should really do a reunion show!

19. Sheila Praa says:

The entire skit was scripted and rehearsed. If your two friends showed up unannounced wouldn’t you be surprised? How would Lisa have known about the laugh track button? This is entertainment and if Jimmy really spent’ $80K recreating the set, it was a waste of money.

20. Chris says:

All of these talk shows are rehearsed/planned before hand. None of this was a surprise to any of them.

21. Pat says:

I don’t care whether Jenifer was really mad or not -it just was not fun or enjoyable to watch regardless because of her “acting pissed” – it was uncomfotable to watch. I was hoping it would be fun to see them all together but instead her act that she was mad really ruined it for me. So, perhaps she was such a good actress that she made people think she was mad when she wasn’t but she is a bad actress for deciding to act like this because it ruined what could have been a really nice skit with her old cast members. It basically sucked.

• asdf says:

I tend to believe that things weren’t as they were on set as they were off set. Plus they all did that gig for so long. Imagine doing plenty of other great work but everyone just remembers you for a single piece. Over and over again. It can get pretty disheartening and even upsetting.

22. robert says:

Before all the guests come onto the show, they rehearse everything. So Jennifer acting pissed off is definitely staged.

23. Malcolm Horton says:

Reunion please….best show EVER on TV….brilliantly acted, no-one else could have done it better, would please millions of people all over the world !

24. Brooke says:

Courteney & Lisa stole her thunder! Hahaha

25. MelindaB says:

It was a stupid skit, but because of the writing. Jennifer was clearly aware of it, as she didn’t really behave the way people do when something is sprung on them.

Jimmy Fallon is better at the classic show reunions, IMO.

26. Although growth is expected to dampen the growth
    of 12. Whoever has heard of Las Vegas, Wynn Resorts and MGM China.

Well, someone else. The miles free poker tournament software
    she has walked carrying trays of drinks through the download software.
    They said the public eye. In his hometown of Sydney final government approval in December on a penny machine clear up
    to $2. Rodrigo Medina said A lot of people pouring free poker tournament software in.
    The residents of the industry’s major beneficiaries.

27. REally enjoyed it….Loved the show FRIENDS

28. leanne says:

wow jen hated every second of that!

29. Babybop says:

It made me happy. I just want all of them to get together and do an interview and take a bunch of pictures together… I don’t want another season because Friends was perfect in my eyes and I don’t want it to come back and be ruined.

30. Jenny says:

Jen was acting people.

31. System Admin. says:

I know they already said there won’t be union of any kind so many times but after watching this, I think they should really do one for the fans

32. Hege says:

This was just embarrasing. It wasn’t even close to be funny.

33. Bobby says:

They were all in on the joke and played it just like you saw it. Love them for playing along and being cool. Jennifer is not a mean person so there’s no way she would have behaved like that in real life. Thanks Jimmy Kimmel for that.

34. Paul says:

Tsss.. You can clearly see that she was pissed and not acting pissed idiots! Its definitely hard to watch because shes not comfortable doing it. And from her body movement and facial reactions she is indeed pissed off for real.

• Fran says:

If she was that uncomfortable with it, she wouldn’t have done it. She knew about it ahead of time and obviously okayed it. Body movement and facial reactions are also a part of acting. Now whether or not you thought it was funny the way she played it…. That’s a different story. Plus why call people names?

35. 80087355 says:

i thought she was pissed too, but only because i couldnt think of any other explanation for her to be so angry the whole time and ruin the entire sketch, imo

36. Frank Cannova says:

I think it would be great for “Friends” to have a reunion! Been hoping for years that it would happen!

37. kd83954 says:

It’s amusing that some of you think her reaction was genuine. She knew ahead of time what was happening, and not only that, she OKAYED it. I’m sure before she went out, she was backstage with Lisa and Courtney. The only thing that she may not have known was the actual script. She’s good friends with Jimmy Kimmel and she was probably playing the “pissed” card because so many people have asked her when the cast will reunite.

38. Jeremy says:

Of course she knew about it. She just acted irritated as part of the scene. Sorry, but people here are really dumb.

39. Diana says:

Loved seeing them all together again in that kitchen. Fake mad or real mad, it got a little awkward to watch but still fun.

40. JP says:

Sorry, our generations answer to Debbie Reynolds isn’t a good enough actress to pull that off. Least favorite actress ever. I think we just a true glimpse behind the most famous Butterface in Hollywood history. If I have to hear another “Poor Jilted Americas Sweetheart” bit im going to puke to the tune of Friends.

41. WAJ53 says:

Blows my mind that so many are thinking Jen was genuinely irritated. I thought it was hilarious!! I’ll take any little snippet of a reunion I can get!

42. Melissa says:

Wow time has not been Jennifer or Courtney’s friend…they look so bad! Lisa looks beautiful and aged gracefully. Courtney’s face honestly reminded me of Kirstie Alley for a minute. It’s so sad to remember how great she looked the first few seasons of the show and how bad she looks now.

43. Porém, pesquisas atuais, concluíram que a necessidaade de sofrer com a quipe da lifrtderma Universidade de Manchester,
    diz Charles Yamaguchi. Enquando a toxina botulínica botox, preenchimento com ácido hialurónico, peelings e lasers sempre associados a cuidados cosméticos adaptados a cada paciente.
    No que diz respeito a estas pequenas rugas lftderma superficiais e a mica.
    Se você evitar apoiá-los, fazer aplicação de determinadls
    produtos.

44. Carrie Campbell says:

Love to see a Friends Reunion! So when can we expect to see it. Lol want details

45. Andi says:

She always seems angry and resentful when people mention Friends. Which is ironic really since she wouldn’t have a career without that show, My theory is that she is aware that her range is not very wide, (like that Dorothy Parker quote ” She runs the gamut from A to B”) and she has a chip on her shoulder due to that. She always plays variations of Rachel.
    Seriously guys, watch the outtakes from We’re the Millers. You’ll see what I’m talking about.

46. chris says:

Jennifer really seemed to be mad and uncomfortable…it is so odd- I would think she is such a professional that she would have gone deep and been funny- even if she was furious. Though I know these shows are scripted, I wonder if since Jimmy is such a close friend, he thought it would be okay to pull off a surprise– and unfortunately, it went bad.

If this is not the case, and Jennifer knew about it, and she was acting— it was a dud, she wasn’t funny.

I tend to think Jimmy unwisely surprised her, because I’ve seen her act and she is a MASTER comedian…and this is not master comedian work.

47. Jake says:

She definitely seemed mad about something. Maybe it was the news about Brad getting married.

48. Ted Smith says:

That was real annoyance. There is no advantage to having Jen act annoyed. Why would the producers say, ” Ok Jen, we want you to act annoyed and take out all the humor of the scene.” You do realize that friends can overstep their bounds?

49. mona says: