Exclusive

One Life to Live's Melissa Archer Joins Days of Our Lives — Exclusive Details

Melissa Archer Days of Our Lives

One Life to Live favorite Melissa Archer is making her next stop Salem, USA, with a shiny new gig on NBC’s Days of Our Lives — and TVLine has exclusive details on her role.

Rumblings about Archer’s move to Days first surfaced in a Daytime Confidential blind item; not long after, Soap Opera Digest confirmed the casting, then another OLTL alum-turned-Days star, Kassie DePaiva, tweeted a photo of the on-set reunion ‘tween “Blair” and “Natalie”:

But nothing else has been revealed about Archer’s role. Until now. TVLine can report that the red-headed head-turner will be playing a character named Serena, and that she (of course!) has ties to someone in Salem….

We can also share that Archer will make her Days debut on Friday, Dec. 5.

In addition to her 12-year run on ABC’s OLTL and its short-lived online revival (#Jolie4Ever), Archer’s credits include the Crystal Chappell-produced web series Beacon Hill.

Is that enough to go on, Days fans/OLTL loyalists? Any early speculation about “Serena”?

1. C says:

Ew, #JolieNever. I always preferred Natalie with Cristian, with Jared, even with Cutter.

• Emily says:

SORRY, C IT IS JOLIE FOREVER, MISS THOSE TWO LIKE MAD

• Shazay says:

Maybe she’s Eve and Jacks secret daughter? They should have brought Melissa and JPL back as Cassie & Rex. Love those two as siblings!

• SMcMary says:

C I agree. I know Natalie and John were supposed to be the end all to be all but I never felt it. I loved her with Jared and was so disappointed when they killed him off. Regardless, I enjoy the actress and am happy she hooked up another gig. I may have to check out Days after a decades long reprieve :)

• mollytanner says:

Early Natalie and Christian were amazing. That whole story when Natalie was starting to be redeemed and then she got in Jenn Rappaport’s way was really great storytelling.

2. Mary says:

Would of preferred her to join General Hospital but consider what went down with Prospect and ABC I guess that couldn’t happen. I wish her luck but as much as I like her and Kassie It is not enough to get me watching sorry.

3. Tran says:

Happy to see her reunite with OLTL co-star Kassie DePaiva.

4. Hope she’s a better actress than Kassie DePaiva. She is so over the top in the part of Eve. She just doesn’t fit in well on Days at all.

• Eric7740 says:

I agree Bobbi, I am not enjoying her character of Eve at all on DAYS, I’m always fast-forwarding through her scenes.

• I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

I think she fits in perfectly! Kassie is a great actress and I’m loving Eve.

• ChrisGa says:

Love Melissa Archer and Kassie DePaiva is KILLING as Eve right now, highly entertaining, if slightly over-the-top. Days has the best beyotches in daytime(Kristen, Eve, Sami, Kate, Theresa….).

5. Jennifer says:

I’m in the #Jolie4ever camp but regardless, this is great news. Congratulations to Melissa. I hope she and Kassie get some scenes together.

6. David Freeder says:

Is this going to be Diana and John’s daughter?

• Robert says:

I do not remember John having a daughter with Diana. I was hoping she was going to turn out to be one of Maggie ‘ S daughters.

7. mdbchud says:

Kassie DePaiva is an excellent actress! She was fantastic on OLTL! Perhaps the new character is written “over the top”?

• ChicagoDan says:

It is and she is working it for all the excess. She’s nothing like Charlotte Ross’ Eve, but that’s Ok because it’s been 20 years. She’s chewing it a bit, but she adds a lot of energy to the scenes, which is much needed considering who she’s usually sharing scenes with.

8. Jodi says:

She looks like she could play Melanie.

9. Nora says:

I want to know more about Eve and Paige, Aidan and Hope on Days of our Lives.

10. mollytanner says:

Who knows? Serena could be Sarah, she just changed her name like Theresa changed hers from Jeannie, lol. I love Days’ female cast– it’s the male cast that needs some adjusting. I would make Lucas and Justin contract roles, maybe bring back Phillip Kiriakis, or cast an Alexander Kiriakis (Sonny’s older bro) to cause some trouble. I know they’re bringing a new Chad, but that character has always been … not good. I’d also beef up the teen cast, maybe age Kayla and Patch’s son, Joey. I am digging Aiden and Hope.

• ChrisGa says:

Yeah, I would agree, Days has maybe the best female cast in daytime but with a few exceptions–Eric Martsolf, Greg Vaughan, Daniel Cosgrove–a lot of the males on the show have little in the way of charisma(Galen Gering and Shawn Christian both jump to mind). I do agree that Bryan Datillo(Lucas) needs to be front and center and although I love Wally Kurth(Justin) to absolute pieces I think GH needs him more right now than Days does.

• mollytanner says:

The problem is that all the guys are too buddy buddy. Hell, even Rafe and EJ are sharing drinks together in the Brady Pub (sidebar– EJ and Rafe have always had this weird sexual tension, maybe that’s just me). I would much rather keep Rafe than Daniel. If they insist on keeping Daniel, they need to reignite the Lucas v. Daniel rivalry I think Lucas is the only one in town besides Anne to call the Dr. on his BS. I’d like to see Lucas and Eve together. I also think it was a missed opportunity to make Aiden turn out to be Eve’s ex-husband and Paige’s dad.

11. I bet she is connected to Eve!! Maybe a fellow Hooker.

12. Susan says:

Melanie?

13. lori boots says:

i loved her on OLTL and im sure she will do just fine on DOOL…..

14. instead of bringing all these new characters to the show why don’t they work at bringing Bo back ?

15. I couldn’t stand her on OLTL i just hope her new roll makes her a person i like!

16. Doris Fay says:

I would like to see Melanie back and Melissa Archer could portray her well. Loved her as Natalie until she turned on John because of Clint. Anyway just please don’t make her another evil witch there’s enough of them already.

17. Valarie says:

Gonna be Aidens ex

18. Paula Wells says:

Please…don’t let any more Days of Our Lives actress’s or actors leave the show. There are so many that I miss…and going to miss because they are leaving this year.

19. Paula Wells says:

Please…don’t let any more actress’s or actor’s leave “Days of Our Lives”. There are so many that I miss…and going to miss because they are leaving this year. If you keep replacing people…Days won’t be the same!