Vampire Diaries Season 6: Elena's 'Drug Problem' Revealed in New Teaser

Prepare yourselves for a very special season of The Vampire Diaries.

RELATED Vampire Diaries Season 6 Teaser: Damon Begs Elena to ‘Move On’

Fresh off the first Season 6 teaser — which finds Stefan and Damon both begging Elena to “move on” — a new extended version has hit the web, offering up new details about Elena’s impending spiral.

“Do you know Elena has some sort of witchy drug problem that allows her to hallucinate Damon?” Caroline asks Stefan.

I guess that explains how she’s able to “see” Damon in the teaser — but does that mean Luke will become her “dealer”?

It also looks like Jer-Bear is trying to find the solution to his broken heart at the bottom of a bottle. (Paging Alaric: It’s time to intervene!)

TVD fans, what are your hopes for Season 6? Watch the trailer above, then drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Jake says:

This right here is the damn problem with this damn show. To much damn attention for something that is nothing but CRAP!

• Andy Swift says:

What’s getting too much attention?

• Jake says:

This ridiculous show…come on! Really sneak peek for this and sneak peek for that…It just gets way to much media attention for a show that is mediocre at best!

• AmyP says:

Then don’t click on/watch the links…? I’ll admit I’ve started to lose interest in the show over the past few seasons but I still like to check out the previews, as do many fans. That’s the great thing about TVLine- they post about a variety of shows, so everyone’s interests are covered :)

• Jake says:

Sorry AmyP, but cannot help that for the past three days there has been an article posted for this ridiculous show. Someone clearly has an addiction with TVD!

• Fran says:

You seem to have some kind of addition yourself. You come on to every story about this show just to say how crappy you think it is. We get it, you don’t like it. Others obviously do. There’s a lot of shows I don’t like or even understand why others do- but I don’t waste time going on to every story just to say so. I focus my attention on the shows I do like. People like different things, how is this hurting you in any way?

• Ray says:

Again, then don’t click on them. There’s nothing making you do so, no matter how many articles are written on it. There could be fifty articles a day and not a single one of them would somehow magically force you to click it.

• Jennifer says:

Why I agree with Jake, there doesn’t have to be a story on “TVD” every single day…For god sake the show is not that good that it deserves attention everyday. There are plenty of great shows out there, however TVLine tends to focus on a just a select few especially TVD.

• Fran says:

They focus on the shows that get the most clicks. That’s the way it works. Not to mention that there has been virtually nothing on the show all summer long. There’s a few days of posts and people are going to complain? Honestly it makes no sense to me, sorry. I don’t like Once upon a time and there are constantly posts about it (again because they get a lot of clicks) so you know what I do? I don’t read them! Why waste time complaining about a show you don’t like?

• Nate says:

You do know this is a TELEVISION WEBSITE. Of course they are gonna talk about this show, have been for what 6 years? Get over it. Nobody told you to click on the link in the first place

2. Sibi says:

What’s wrong with julie? Drugs? Really? Another season about Delena, there’s nothing interesting anymore on this show.

• Carla Krae says:

Nothing says the whole season is about Delena, but it has to be included to follow the finale. Elena is grieving. She loves him. You don’t get over that in a day. Haven’t you ever lost someone close that you’d do nearly anything to see again?

• Kirsten says:

Pretty sure she loved Stefan too and I seem to recall her getting over him and under Damon in a day!

• Cas says:

Also pretty sure Stefan didn’t basically die! It’s completely different death versus break up. And if anyone tries to say it isn’t maybe they haven’t actually lost someone they love.

• Fran says:

I think it is different… But I think my problem is that I still don’t understand when Elena fell so madly in love with Damon. One minute she was crazy for Stefan and the next she was crazy for Damon. Its like she literally can’t live without him now. I don’t get it. I think Stefan, being his brother and all, should be more upset than anyone. But I have a feeling we’ll see everyone fawning over Elena instead. I hope I’m wrong about that.

• Dmac says:

Oh but he did, and her reaction was less than overwhelming.

• Tvds6 says:

Great reply

• Dmav says:

Sounds an awful lot like New Moon. Didn’t Bella do all this death defying things to see Edward?

3. Hello everyone, it’s my first pay a visit at this
    site, and post is truly fruitful in favor of me, keep up posting such posts.

4. David says:

Sorry, but can you please stop turning TVline into Wetpaint? You are just posting an article for the sake of posting an article.

5. Hey there are using WordPress for your site platform?
    I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and set up my own.
    Do you require any html coding knowledge to make your own blog?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

6. Dude says:

Didn’t True Blood JUST do this story with Tara and her mother?

• Pennie says:

yes, Julie is incapable of coming up with new story lines. She likes to steal from better writers and then say her show is much better and darker. She is a hack and this journalist who does all her shows articles is her friend so of course this story line is talked about like its the best thing since sliced bread.

• Guest says:

And way better, I may add. Seriously, can you stop stealing plot from everywhere else?

• Cas says:

That’s a joke. The Tara and her
        Mother storyline served no purpose in my opinion because did any of us care give two craps about her Mother? Also, I wasn’t aware you saw this season of TVD to know TB did it better.

• Guest says:

Just because Vampire Diaries gives a crap about mothers/fathers – Seriously, when was the last time we saw a parent? – doesn’t mean True Blood is that pedestrian.
          The root of Tara’s problems was the day her father left her mother, not because he was abusive, but because Lettie Mae was addicted to him like a proverbial Elena. However, the plot has nothing to do with missing lovers, but what this did to a powerful vampire that still remembered how powerless she felt as a human child
          This is indeed way better than any promo Vampire Diaries bombards the media with.

7. CBWBDK1 says:

Just what this show needed, more elena drama!!

8. Babybop says:

Oh dear… I really don’t want to give up this show (it used to be SO good), but I don’t know if I can take another season of Damon/Elena whining for an hour. Let’s just hope it’ll be better than last season.

9. KC says:

This show is so over!

10. Hodan says:

I love this new teaser. Haters are just going to hate. I on the other hand am very thankful to tvline for this this article. I can’t wait to see what happen to Damon and company after the season finale.

11. Guest says:

No disrespect to Elena and/or her “drug problem”, but one would think the second teaser would give us a hint on the actual Damon and the actual Bonnie…

12. JA says:

I really don’t get the complainey-fest on all these TVD articles. Do the Delena haters and the Elena haters and the “Julie Plec couldn’t write herself out of a paper bag” people all agree to meet up here and flood the comments with useless drivel? Seriously. The show wouldn’t still be on TV if it weren’t still raking in the viewers every episode. Obviously the writers know what keeps people watching. I’m actually excited to see where they go with this. It’s a way more interesting way for Delena to be separated for awhile than just having them fight over something and break up, or for Elena to decide she loves Stephan again. Now that would be boring.

• Guest says:

It’s not about “hate” but about marketing: first teaser you can waste on reliable trade marks the consumers are accustomed to. But the second one must set it apart from the competition: to state the value the product has that no one else does. In this case the one plot that Twillight, Teen Wolf,True Blood, etc. haven’t done before.
      This was a waste of a second teaser with the consequential loss of potential buyers/viewers.

• Fran says:

Its no more useless drivel than your post is- which is to say we all have our opinions and none of them are invalid. There are a lot of people unhappy with the direction the show has gone and how drastic the characters have changed. That’s why so many posts are stating that. And the show isn’t raking in the viewers anymore. Last season viewership dropped a lot. The writers are only listening to the twitter crowd anymore and that’s a shame. I’m glad you’re still enjoying it! But if you’re not a fan of the Damon and Elena relationship, there’s not much to like about the show anymore.

13. Seriously? This is the plot for this year? I was excited to see where they went with Bonnie and Damon being gone but this is ridiculous.

14. whydoucare says:

Everyone on this show is on drugs or has taken it up recently, it sucks no pun intended.
    Use to be somewhat entertaining and yes watched it for Nina but, fading fast.

15. salut ron says:

“wow, awesome post.Much thanks again. Awesome.”

16. Myron says:

Thanks for posting the teaser video. I can’t wait for the new season.

17. cynthia says:

And they keep on making me HATE Elena more. Move on or something seriously its annoying. Just get a grib. I am so happy its the last season bbcause it sucked from season 4 till 6.

18. JULIE take the example on teen wolf all the characters of this series are significant but on TVD we see only elena damon and stefan when matt tyler caroline bonnie enzo will have a history stop the drama elena it is good this woman breaks down inspiration
    TVD SUCKS!!!!!