Twisted Reunion: Kylie Bunbury Joins Avan Jogia's King Tut Event Series

Kylie Bunbury Tut

Less than a week after ABC Family formally cancelled Twisted, two of the murder mystery’s stars are reuniting for a royal engagement.

RELATED TVLine Items: Twisted Star Avan Jogia Is Tut

Kylie Bunbury has joined the cast of Spike TV’s Tut, our sister site Deadline reports. The six-hour event series, chronicling the youngest Pharaoh ever to rule Ancient Egypt, stars Avan Jogia (one of Bunbury’s Twisted love interests) as the titular royal.

Little is known of Bunbury’s Tut character beyond her name: Suhad.

Twisted fans, are you more likely to check out Spike TV’s historical event series now that two of your favorites are attached? Drop a comment with your thoughts on Tut below.

1. Mesi says:

Uh HEL…
    I mean yes. Lol

I was watching with Avan

And am DEF watching with Kylie casted now. Like.

Im not missing a beat.

2. SunshineandLollipopsand... says:

Was going to watch with Avan already, but now…. I’M DYING!!! There’s no way I’m going to miss them both! Whoa! This was a surprise. So cool!!! Excited!!!

3. Lena says:

I’m still boycotting this project because Tut and his sister were not half Indian and Half Pakistani mixed with European. They were black African people

• Ice says:

Egyptians are not now nor have they ever been black! Take world history. Even Cleopatra was mixed Greek and Egyptian.

• annebeth66 says:

Egypt is in Africa, so those people are Africans.

• Genna says:

They’ve done DNA testing that have confirmed that ancient Egyptians are the same people that live there today- middle easterners, not blacks.

• Eriq says:

OH Gosh this is embarrassing. As an Egyptian i feel compelled to say something. The current Egyptians today are not the same as the ones thousands of years ago. The Luo civilization ruled Egypt until the Arabs invaded. AND, stating that current Egyptians are middle-eastern is flawed since several Egyptians consider themself African NOT middle-eastern. Plus the Egyptians you see in the media are only a majority of the population. Look more south in Aswan and parts of the original Luo population still exist!

• Genna says:

I’m not trying to start an argument.I’m just going by what I have read in history and science.Here is something that I read during my studies.

Egyptians of the Upper Nile were brown skinned mediterranian in appearance The lower nile dwellers were much darker and could be considered black These were the Nubians. Upper Egypt invaded the lowere reaches of the Nile and spread its empire South absorbing many of the Nubians into the court and jobs amongst the Nobility
            King Shabaka was the first Nubian Pharoh.

Ever since the time of the Hyksos invasion and the fall of the Second Kingdom, the demographic shift amongst the Egyptian population had been against the original Whites. Slowly at first, but then speeding up, non-Whites or mixed racial types began to make up more and more of that country’s population – drawn in as slaves, laborers, immigrants or invaders.

These other racial types were of two sorts: Semites (whom the Egyptians called “Sand Dwellers”) and Blacks, from region of Nubia in the far south (present day Sudan). A review of Egypt’s relations with Nubia is therefore crucial to understanding what happened to the White Egyptians, and why they vanished.

RACE WAR WITH NUBIA

Clashes between the Egyptians and the Black Nubians had long been a feature of Egyptian history, with the first campaigns against the Nubians being launched by Old Kingdom pharaohs around 2900 BC. In 2570 BC, Pharaoh Sneferu launched a concerted attack upon Nubia. Egyptian records show that 70,000 prisoners were taken, a figure that must have been a staggering amount at the time. In 1296 BC Egypt conquered Nubia and built a series of massive forts to protect Egypt’s southern borders against the Nubians, with the most famous of these being the fort at Buhen, that had walls which were 111 meters high and 4.5 meters thick.

Along the banks of the southern Nile huge stones were erected upon which, in hieroglyphics still visible today, the passage of Blacks past those points was forbidden – the first public “Whites Only” signs in history.

At the time of the Hyksos invasion of Egypt, many local Nubian kings allied themselves with the Hyksos and inflicted defeats upon the weakened Egyptians. When the Hyksos were finally driven out, the White Egyptians exacted a terrible revenge upon the Blacks, launching many campaigns of conquest and suppression against them, all the while bringing back thousands into Egypt as slaves – a racial time bomb which was eventually to destroy Egyptian civilization.

EGYPTIAN WRITINGS ABOUT BLACKS

The White Egyptians left many written references to the Black population in Nubia and in their own midst. In fact, at one point, their writings record a law that forbade Blacks from entering their country at all. Egyptians of the Upper Nile considered their people to be the Pure race

• Lena says:

The ancient Egyptians were not middle eastern and those same scientists tried to say the paints darkened with age so they could rewrite those people as caucasian when they are not.

• There aren’t any DNA test that prove that at all.

• dude says:

That argument makes no sense seeing as Egypt is still in Africa and its population is predominantly middle eastern. There is no conclusive evidence of the race of people in Ancient Egypt (it’s called the black Egyptian hypothesis for a reason). Theories have differed from Nordic to Arabic.

• Eriq says:

Hey Genna I wasn’t trying to start an argument either but the evidence you provided shows the clashes between Upper Egypt and the Nubian empire. However, if you look up Luo civilization of egypt you’ll find that these people (who happen to LOOK black) are thought to of been the original Egyptians. Arabs from the North invaded and pushed the black Egyptians south into regions of Sudan and Uganda that formed the Nubian empire.

• Lena says:

World history tends to be filled with lies especially the classes in the US. That’s why its important to do your own research. The whitewashing of historical figures has been going on for centuries.

• Please disabuse yourself of the lie that Egyptians weren’t black. The called themselves Kemet. Kemet means “. black”Look at the paintings on Tut’s tomb and tell me he’s not black. The Ptolemies, of which Cleopatra was descendant, only ruled Egypt for 300 years. Please pray tell who lead them before they were invaded? Tut predates Cleopatra and the Ptolemies by close to a thousand years.

4. Chamari says:

I was thinking about watching Tut from the beginning but now I am DEFINITELY watching it! I can’t miss a chance to see these two on screen together yet again!

5. ElizabethC says:

Yaaaaaay!!!!!!! Kylie will be an excellent addition!!!! So glad that Avan and Kylie will be on the same project together. The Twisted fans will be so happy to see them. We will definitely spread the word and bring in the traffic to the mini-series. Plus, the two get to work and learn under the wisdom/guidance of Sir Ben Kingsley!!!!! Way to go Spke TV. Bravo!

6. Daniella says:

Yay! Reunited and it feels so good. They messed up Twisted with their Poor Jo obsession.

Can’t wait to see these two back onscreen together!! Avan and Kylie!!

7. Wild child says:

Happy for Kylie and the Dacey reunion(everything tastes better without Jo) but umm why are the Egyptians aside from Kylie played by an Indian and Pakistani. Shame on Hollywood and their insistence on whitewashing everything. Yeah, I said it.

8. annebeth66 says:

Avan & Kylie together again. YYYYEEESSSS, I will be checking out “Tut!”

9. dude says:

YES! They were easily the best actors/characters on the show! Kylie is a fantastic actress, I’ll definitely check this out.

10. I am not missing this. Thank you spike. Trust me, When i read this i screamed.

11. “A few stars shone out of a black sky; a low cloud layer hovered in the west. Americans have dealt with Prisoner of War issues since the Revolutionary War. Fidel Castro also wore a black beret during his insurgency against the Batista government of Cuba.

12. My family all the time say that I am wasting my time here at web, but I know I am getting know-how all the time by reading thes pleasant posts.

13. artritis says:

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added”
    checkbox and noww each time a comment iss added I get three e-mails with the same
    comment. Is there any way you can remove me ffom that service?
    Thanks!

14. Piper says:

Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this blog.
    It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s challenging to get that “perfect balance” between superb usability and visual appearance.
    I must say that you’ve done a awesome job with this.
    In addition, the blog loads super quick
    for me on Internet explorer. Exceptional Blog!

15. Fantastic blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little
    lost on everything. Would you recommend starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for
    a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I’m completely confused ..
    Any suggestions? Bless you!

16. This paragraph is truly a fastidious one it helps new net viewers, who are wishing in favor of blogging.

17. There are many core applications which require to be downloaded
    on to your phone in order to make the profile more active.
    As for the shipping, always check the shipping services provided
    by the seller like shipping provider, shipping time
    and shipping fees. Mashable comes to make the list simply
    because they are Mashable.

18. When I started to poke holes in my mom’s inconsistent story about how I was raised as a Native-American, and I realized “oh, wait a minute, all of these things that she’s telling me are not making sense”.
    Reference: Vietnam Embassy USA: Consular Services – Please feel
    free to place a link to this article on forums or your blog.
    mainly because I’m the one that works while everyone else plays.

19. Hodan says:

OMG! This is the best news ever! I loved Lacey and Kylie. Best news!!!

20. Hodan says:

OMG! This is the best news ever! I love Lacey and Kylie. Best news!!!

21. Jake Morgan operates the popular Electronic LED Custom Display Signs
    The online auction marketplace trend continues to grow as we, as
    an internet community, thrive on the thrill which comes from easy transactions and a wealth of
    goods to browse through. In short, when a local entrepreneur, you must pay attention to your online
    presence, even if you do not sell anything online.

22. At some time or another, most Blackberry users will wonder how
    to add an icon to their homepage in order to quickly access frequently used websites in just one click.

Use this opportunity fully to personalize your listing to
    make it more relatable to your customers. Some of the ocean beaches around Bermagui offer more kiting
    options, try Hayward beach in NE and SE or Moorhead beach in
    NE.

23. Factors to be considered while submitting in online business directory:
    . Internet yellow pages can provide this source given the amount of people
    who use them to search for local businesses. The reason
    – if you use news-style advertising you will get up to 500% better response.

24. Jake Morgan operates the popular Electronic LED Custom Display Signs store where he advises small businesses owners about the advantages of custom LED display signs for business.
    Run the numbers like I have shown in this article and make your own wise decision.

Tip: It’s always recommended to delete files securely and wiping free space in
    your hard-disk, if you don’t really need them ever again.

25. siderurgia says:

Hey, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog site in Ie, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has
    some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other then that, amazing blog!

26. sikujui says:

Reblogged this on Undefined and commented:
    I am so put off by this. It’s annoying me whenever I see this news.

27. Dave says:

i just have to comment on those who have to turn this into a race issue,though I usually don’t try to get involved with this.I want to say first if u look at say like Ancient Egyptian frescoes and murals they tend to be brown or like a darker tanned people overall though there were ranges and variations from darker to lighter and not dark black.In fact u can see the difference of them from darker blacker people in their ancient art.I don’t think anyone can fit Ancient Egyptians into a nice neat category and pigeonhole them by saying they were strictly a Black African Negroid people. History and that area are more complicated then that and always have been. They were not white in the sense that most Americans would tend to think of but nor were they very like Black African Americans.I will admit they could be considered a type of POC ,which btw would also be true for the most part of the Egyptians of today to many people.Also for Black African Americans to say or imply that they have more of a claim or right to the past of Ancient Egypt I think is wrong and unfair it is Egyptian’s history and heritage,and this conspiracy stuff and political correctness is getting ridiculous.Also to imply that u can only be a true African and from Africa only if your black is not true,look at places like Morocco and Tunisia and even in ancient times they were not black African in the way we think of.Berbers who are the ancient peoples of North Africa are not considered to be really a black African people and are supposed to be related with the ancient Egyptian .Ancient Egyptians are also supposed to be distantly related to like Somalis etc and there was a difference between the ancient Egyptian and the Nubians. I will just say the lineup of the cast so far for this show is trying to have more of a ethnic look and flavor to it so far and am happy to see it and am happy that is not overly afrocentric or politically correct and would be interested in watching it.

28. Dave says:

Also in response to a comment that was made earlier even this is in a part of Africa Kemet is not necessarily referring to the skin color or complexion but to the rich black soil of the farming land that produced such bounty for Ancient Egyptians.Also look at difference of the Ancient Nubians to those of the Ancient egyptians how much darker and blacker they are compared with Ancient Egyptians.

29. Dave says:

Yes Egypt is in Africa and yes Ancient Egyptians were a people of Africa does not mean they were black in the way we think of it.

30. Another supply of a multi-room DVR is to get your old
    DVR upgraded for the newest one and save money.
    These small , medium sized food retailers may be with the assumption that CCTV systems are
    only for your bigger outlets and never for them. Cctv dvr software windows A person that’s staying
    outside of home can watch everything in house with
    all the help of this method and for personal purposes also this CCTV systems are utilized.

In short, the existence of your CCTV system is enough to produce would-be criminals reconsider causing trouble.

Further you ought to think the huge benefits and disadvantages of each
    one of them and should you feel that CCTV may be the most appropriate answer,
    you can definitely buy it.

31. Awesome blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you suggest starting with a free platform
    like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that
    I’m completely confused .. Any recommendations?

Bless you!

32. Another substitute for discovering a more cost effective Garmin GPS unit is always to check
    out your unique gives on the website. You should connect your PC in your GPS device or you can connect the two through
    Bluetooth technology.

And with the aid of Garmin GPS it is possible
    to reach your destination much faster than you’d have ever expected.

This GPS unit will ensure it is easy so that you can navigate
    both unknown roads as well as familiar roads. Garmin golf gps amazon You can get this absolute best seller GPS
    from several on the internet shop like Ebay, Walmart, Amazon, etc.

33. Ashveena says:

I want a season two of twisted

34. Marshall says:

I don’t want to see a show about a king who dies at 16. how LONG can they even keep this running they should have kept Twisted airing.

35. sakura says: