Twisted Cancelled by ABC Family

Twisted Cancelled

It’s the news Twisted fans have been dreading since the ABC Family drama ended its freshman season in April: TVLine has confirmed that the murder mystery will not be back for Season 2.

RELATED Twisted Reunion: Kylie Bunbury Joins Avan Jogia’s King Tut Event Series

When Twisted‘s first season — now series — finale aired in April, showrunner Chuck Pratt Jr. told TVLine that there were “more amazing stories to come” and that he was optimistic about the show’s future: “It’s totally up to ABC Family to say ‘Do a cliffhanger’ or ‘Don’t do a cliffhanger.’ Nobody told us to put on the breaks, or wrap it up, so there’s always a chance we’ll come back.”

Unfortunately, those brakes have officially been pumped.

Those looking for a Twisted fix can catch star Avan Jogia as the titular Egyptian king in Spike TV’s upcoming Tut miniseries.

Twisted fans, how do you feel about the series’ cancellations? Thoughts on the (now final) ending? Drop a comment below with your take on the news.

1. mari johnson says:

Disgusted. We enjoyed this show. What’s the story?

• JC says:

What’s the story? Ummm, the rating were absolutely terrible.

• steven decker says:

better than those stupid reality shows they keep junk like that on smh.

• Connie Hoffman says:

Well that just sux. stop with an ending like that, and don’t up on it? What about the people who actually watched it? We get left hangin like that. Why cant you just make a series to sell to those of us who did watch it. youd still make profit off it

• Val says:

I agree, I loved this show and disappointed that it was cancelled. Tired of the reality shows.

• bar says:

I think you meant you enjoyed the show. We clearly did not, it was boring and as such ratings stunk.

• Maria watts says:

If you thought it was so bored what are you doing here ? I don’t get ot people spit venom because they are unhappy in their house everyone has the right for an opinion but if your not a fan why would you even give it id you didn’t watch the first season only one chapter since it was boring I don’t think you would be incredible dumb to watch the whole season and then comment this if it was enjoyable

• Nicki says:

I bet you only watched the first episode. so shut up!

• Kayne Maxwell says:

hey Maria,, these are terrible news to us

2. Nate says:

Yawn! I’m not shocked it’s ABC Family

3. NoMorePlease says:

ABC Family REALLY needs to drop all the live action “programming” and stick to reruns of Pixar and Harry Potter movies.

4. SJ says:

Cancel Sam Robards’s show one day after his mother dies. Classy move ABC Family.

5. Annie says:

Dammit just as things were getting good! I wanted to see who got shot at the end…and if Danny and Jo would’ve ever worked out…damn.

• kate says:

honestly! that was one of the biggest abcf cliffhangers ever, and now we’ll never now. thank god for fanfiction man.

6. Annie says:

and yet the dull and never-ending series of questions that is PLL lives on…

• Patrick says:

ABCF fans are running into the same problem that SyFy fans have had for a few years. Early endings to quality shows.
      The problem that Cable is rapidly running into is simple. There is no syndication market for many of their shows. Monk did well, and psych has done OK, but that’s it. Unless a show is a killer in the ratings, kill it quick before the costs go up. Which they do every year. And that is until year 3 or 4, when the costs SKYROCKET.
      I didn’t watch the show (I am so far out of the demo for this show that I would end up on a list of some sort), but I am sorry for all the fans that lost a favorite show.

• ... says:

Prices normally don’t skyrocket until 5-6. That’s why, for example, Syfy ordered a 26-episode fifth season of Haven – they get more episodes of a successful show without the price bump that comes along with a sixth season.

• Benington says:

So true, I was just watching Covert Affairs… which I love and thinking that USA, TNT, SYFY, FX cancels all their quality shows after 5 or 6 years. Burn Notice, Leverage, are perfect examples. So sad for the viewers!

• johnhelvete says:

So you are saying that ABC Family would be better off doing 12-16 episode seasons of most of their shows like most other cable channels and turning to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon instead of syndication?

• A Name says:

Hating on PLL will be the biggest mistake you will ever make.

7. wrstlgirl says:

I was just wondering about this last night. Figured it was a long shot.

8. Not surprising and totally deserved after that absolutely awful 1B portion. It’s a shame cause this show started off strongly and the premise was intriguing but Chuck Pratt & the other showrunners ruined it.

So… at least no more #PoorJo or any of the other 123121349043 Jo-centric hashtags the show featured. Good luck to the actors on future roles.

9. Anonymouse says:

oh well here’s to hoping that there will be a tv movie finale script shown on the internet like Nine Lives of Chloe King

10. sarah j says:

Bummed but not shocked.

11. Erica says:

Thank goodness it’s officially cancelled! Now the actors can move on to much better things!

12. brian lancet says:

That stinks it was a great show

13. Brandy says:

Ugh. I’m getting so sick of investing in these ABC Family shows with no payoff!

14. Denise Rambo says:

I feel like I wasted 19 hours watching the first season. I usually never watch the first season of anything until it’s been renewed for a second season. That’ll teach me.

15. Heather says:

First Ravenwood now Twisted? Soon there won’t be any shows worthwhile to watch on Abc Family.

• teagirltalks says:

They were suppose to have the ending of Ravenswood in Pretty Little Liars but so far that hadn’t happened. Still confused. Like Caleb mentioned Ravenswood then never explains what actually happened. Twisted left a huge cliff hanger. I didn’t think the show got cancelled. Seems like a lot of good shows are getting cancelled after the first season then replaying them when other shows leave once there current season finishes till it returns again. Like Chloe king, GREEK, HUGE, now TWISTED

16. No more Abc family for me! Why get hooked on a show just for them to yank it away without even giving it a fair chance. Stop with the 3 or 4 new shows here, 3 or 4 new shows there crap and air it like a series should be aired and your ratings would improve GUARANTEED! Another stupid move by ABC Family

17. jack forcier says:

Once again, I love a show & so of course it gets cancelled. Another one leaving us on a cliffhanger just like The Lying Game. Come on ABC family get it together!!!!

18. KC says:

Not surprising.

19. L Bradford says:

I’m so tired of shows being cancelled.. This show was soo good.. I love it.. I’m soo disappointed.. O_O

20. Glen Williams says:

I liked the show, so was sorry to hear this

21. commanch says:

and they leave the inane fosters , go figure

• Brandy says:

Fosters is more “family drama”that the network goes for whereas other than PLL teen murder mystery shows don’t do well.Fosters has critical acclaim and was higher rated than Twisted.Fosters more fits the abcfamily slogan of” a new kind of family” than Twisted.Fosters grows out of its SAB leadin while Twisted very poorly in retention behind a similarly themed show which happened to be the networks highest rated show.

• Ginger says:

Exactly some people don’t understand that Twisted barely had viewers by the end. The horrible writing alone was reason enough for it to be canceled. Sans PLL all od ABC Family’s mystery shows have been bland flops.

• Audrey says:

I actually can’t stand the Fosters. It just has too much drama going on. I would rather watch a show with murder mysteries and intrigue.

22. Shontell Moman says:

I am very upset that Twisted is not coming back on! That show gave me energy for Tuesdays and gives me excitment after a long day of school! I believe Abc Family should do a special for Twisted concluding everything properly!

23. Em says:

Another show I enjoyed, that is why it was cancelled.

24. Dani says:

Bringing on Chuck Pratt as the show’s EP for 1B was the final nail in the coffin.

• Mick says:

Word. Pratt has singled handed lay destroyed every show he has been apart of. I have disliked him since what he did to AMC

25. Not watching ABC Family again. Plain and simple.

26. Cam says:

That sucks was really hoping for at least a wrap up of the series! Was anxious to know what what going to happen, at least wrap things up the worst thing is to not wrap things up!

27. Kate says:

Considering it’s a site for TV lovers, I’m always stunned by how little some commenters on this site seem to understand TV. You may have loved this show, but it didn’t perform well. Period. Being “disgusted,” swearing off the network or taking its cancellation as personal affront is, frankly, ridiculous. And expecting a network to delay business announcement because a cast member’s mother died is painfully naive. Everyone takes a chance when watching a new show. They often get cancelled. That’s how room is made for new shows to come along.

• Swearing off a tv channel that is constantly cancelling shows before giving them a fair chance is not ridiculous. Fans are what makes the show and the channels popularity. If they keep pissing off the fans of these shows eventually they will have no viewers left and then where will they be?

• Bong says:

Lol, you ignore the fact that the network put the show on the air in the first place. You could have had 0 episodes instead of a season’s worth. But obviously, some people are never satisfied. The only one you hurt by not watching a network again is YOU. Trust me, no one else will miss your whiny butt.

• Ginger says:

Um ABC Family gives these shows more of a chance then they deserve. TLG never should’ve gotten a second season and Twisted should’ve been canceled earlier. The ratings were abysmal.

• Bong says:

Clearly many of the posters here are not very bright.

• Behrooz says:

Look at the spelling of some of the posts – that tells a lot. Plus, soap opera viewers tend to be dim bulbs.

• Karen johnson says:

ummm not very bright of you to state. I am a college graduate and I watch abcf., maybe your statements should be pointed at you instead of the general public. how stupid of you.

• Karen johnson says:

o by the way, I have been watching soaps since I was 9. I am definitely not a dim bulb I graduated college with high honors, how about you?

• Fran says:

I agree. Its always the usual comments of how said network always cancels new shows and never gives them a chance, and how they are by far the worst one at doing that repeatedly. That’s true about every single network at some point in time. TV is a business. I know people get passionate about shows and I hate that its been canceled too, but its not surprising at all.

28. Jared says:

Chuck Pratt Jr. cant catch a break with ABCFamily. First The Lying Game ends on an explosive cliffhanger and now Twisted. Cant say im surprised at the outcome but it clearly shows fans of ABCFamily not to get too invested in a series because the network has repeatedly cancelled series without resolution.

29. Kayla says:

Way to go to end the show like that. you can’t end a show on a cliff hanger it was a big hit compared to most of the stupid shows that you play. Very DISGUSTED

30. Linda says:

Bring back Bunheads. ;)

It’s disappointing but not unexpected.

31. ggny says:

ABC Family is not having a good few years. So many shows canceled. So many next big thing for that network failed. I think Secret Life and PPL is the best it will get for ABC Family

32. Tran says:

At least not everybody ever watched Twisted but it didn’t have a fighting chance. I sort of like Avan Jogia when he was on Victorious over on Nickelodeon.

33. fiberlicious says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I loved that show! It was so………………………

………………………………………………………………..(say it with me, kids!) ……………………………..

TWISTED!

34. Kayla Strube says:

I watch most of the shows on ABC Family and am instantly addicted to them. Lately all the canceled shows have proved to be some of the best and yet we’re left wondering what went wrong or what happens next?! This is how I felt with The Lying Game and now again with Twisted. Not fair ABC Famm.

35. Joleen Watson says:

Twisted was one o my favorite shows on TV. It seems ABC Family always cancels the good shows. Obviously I’m not their target market or the shows that interest me would have better ratings. Maybe it’s time to look for new stations. I actually pay my cable provider more to get ABC Family. Not really worth staying a viewer through.

36. Nicole says:

Can’t stand it when they dont let a series wrap up properly. It’s bad customer service by the station. That’s why it’s better to just stream tv instead of paying for cable and then watch them all at once so you don’t get caught up I a show only to have the station let you down.

37. Not surprising because of all this time.. but it was a bad move from ABC Family. Twisted had lots of potential for a S2. They ended with a crazy cliffhanger and now the show was just cancelled…pff, enough of this craziness ABC Family! They only have PLL and that is it!!

38. Teddy says:

Ugh, i’m so angry right now. This was such a good show and you can’t just keep us hanging with this finale.

39. Norma Jean says:

I’m very disappointed, felt like we were left hanging!

40. chadcronin says:

I would have watched if it had continued. Most of the new shows lately have been below par which is sad. I am left now with only Switched at Birth, Melissa & Joey, and Baby Daddy on the network

41. anne says:

Not surprise. I kind of knew it was going to be cancelled. TLG was in the same situation. Waiting months and months to hear news. Usually if a show on ABC Family goes months without hearing any news, it is more likely cancelled.

42. Just Wondering says:

The lying game was way better and they cancelled it so no surprised this one is gone too

43. christina says:

Wow, this angers me greatly! i’m no longer going to watch a tv show abcfamily puts out from this point on.

44. Melissa says:

This is why the ratings are low nobody wants to get into a show that they r just going to take off the air, a couple people told me when Twisted started they were not even going to bother getting into another show cause they will just take it off any way. it is sad they r not going to renew it but they could have at least brought it back for a final show tying everything together, this is not the first one they did this to there was Everwood years ago and then there was Ravenwood more recently. If they keep doing this sooner or later nobody is going to watch their channel, then they won’t have to worry about ratings at all.

45. Zoey says:

NOT A WORD CAN DESCRIBE HOW PISSED I AM WITH ABC FAMILY…. IF IT WEREN’T FOR THE FOSTERS I WOULDN’T WATCH THIS WACK NETWORK AT ALL!!!

46. twoplusonemom says:

Wow, I loved that show. Maybe another network would pick it up??? Here’s hoping.

47. Tanya says:

Ahhh I’m mad, and sad. ABC has cut off a few of my favorite shows already. I just don’t understand the meaning of starting a show, leading thousands of fans on and not finishing it? I’m sorry, but I don’t think this is right. Their was a lot of loyal fans to twisted.. its pretty dumb and dissapointing. ABC step your game up.
    -sincerely a loyal fan

48. Et al says:

Never ever watch an ABC Family show until it has a second season. And even then, it will probably get cancelled down the road without a satisfying conclusion. (Greek and Secret Life being rare exceptions).

49. serena says:

Noooooo! I really liked that show and was so waiting to see what happened next with Jo finding out Charlie is her brother and that Danny finally revealed his feelings for Jo…Grrrrr First Ravenswood and now this……I am tired of ABC Family cancelling decent shows.

50. ElizabethC says:

Finally a confirmation of what fans had predicted long ago when the main mysteries were sloppily solved, a forced mediocre love triangle in which only one-half worked, the ambiguity of the male lead stripped, the unequal writing for all the leads, and the drop of rich secondary characters from the first part of the season. The change in show runners and writers was evident when the last 8 episodes felt like a completely different show than the first 11 episodes.

Even the storyline no longer supported the premise of a 16 year old male returning from Juvie to reunite with his 2 childhood best friends. Instead, it was a coming of age story for one of the female leads. No friendship was left at the end of the series. It was fractured instead.

All of this lead to the 400,000 – 500,000 drop in viewers for those last 2 episodes. This was an awful finish for what had started out so strong in the first half of the series. Shame, shame writers/producers of Twisted.

Hopefully, all the actors can move on to even better projects.

• Mimi says:

Greatly said. I agree wholeheartedly.

• Radha says:

Thank you! Finally someone addressed the REAL reason the show tanked. Most of the other people on here must have just been Jo fans. They are probably sitting there going: “Lacey who?”

Remember her? Yeah, the one that Danny was actually in love with until Season 1B. Because he got over her in a DAY. And once they forced him to turn his attention to Jo, Lacey was shoved to the backburner so hard, she may have well just been starring on a separate show.

This, from a show that was supposed to be about a potential sociopath reuniting with his two female friends. This, from a show that took away any plotline that pointed to Danny being a potential sociopath in season 1B. It’s like over the break new writers came in and just said: “Scrap everything! Lacey needs to be gone. Check. Danny didn’t spend an entire first half of the season ALL ABOUT LACEY. He now loves Jo. Even though he referred to Jo as his SISTER. Check. Oh wait. Danny’s dad is creepy and responsible for his aunt’s death. Check.”

They wrapped up everything from the first half of the season so fast when Season 1B started. Any mystery that made the show interesting was just gone. Any ambiguity about Danny’s motives were gone. The show sucked in Season 1B and only Jo fans are too blind to notice.

And personally, I wasn’t a person who hated the character of Jo at first. But when I saw that the writers were only interested in developing her–and not, oh I don’t know, Lacey or who the show was supposed to be focused on….Danny, I just stopped watching.

Twisted, you will not be missed.

• Angela Casey says:

Someone finally gets it, the show started great then they dropped everything for the “it was always Jo” crap. They bring his dad back to have him killed. Then the focus turns to Jo and her family problems. The show was unbearable to watch. Thank you Radha for what others are not willing to see.