Robin Williams: 13 Things You May Not Have Known About His Life, Legacy

Robin Williams Dead Suicide

Much has been (and still is being) written about Robin Williams in the wake of his death by suspected suicide. But as the actor and comedian’s tragically truncated career is revisited, many little known facts have come to light.

RELATED Robin Williams Remembered By Pam Dawber, ‘Aladdin’ and Others

Here, TVLine relates some of the interesting illuminations that have surfaced, including the story behind Mork from Ork’s “birth,” a missed visit to Star Trek‘s Enterprise (and other roles that got away) and the high school yearbook superlative that simply did not pan out. Click here (or on the image below) to review our gallery.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: In Memoriam, Photo Gallery

1. Beckers0505@yahoo.com says:

Thank you for listing those. I enjoyed reading them.

2. Mary says:

Just watched the episode that you mentioned and now his name could be added to the list that Mork was going over at the end.

3. Angela says:

Neat list of facts. Loved the ones about the origin of Mork, the reason Mindy Kaling got her first name, and the story about his friendship with Reeve in particular. And some of those roles he didn’t get! Man. Imagine…
    I love the quote about what he hopes God would say when one gets to heaven. Sounds like a perfect greeting to me.

4. murley says:

His deal to voice the genie shows what a class act he was. The more I read the more and more I am struck by not only the talent but the person behind it and what a tremendous loss it is.

5. Aqib Saqib says:

We are saddened by the tragic death of Robin Williams, our favorite comedian and wish to create an online memorial of him so that people could pay tribute to him by giving virtual flowers and candles and donating to his favorite charity Comic Relief

GO TO- indiegogo.com/projects/contribute-to-robin-williams-online-memorial

6. Bunny says:

I am 6 months older than Robin. I suffer from depression due to similar reasons. I guess I was lucky, I went thru it in my early 50’s and survived. I understand what he did and why and am so sorry he could not find a way thru it. My condolences to all.

7. Carole says:

You will be forever, so sorely missed. You, indeed, were one in a not million, but TRILLION.
    Your comedic talent, will forever remain, in my heart. GOD BLESS you, Mr. Robin Williams.