Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Parenthood, Chicago Fire, True Blood, Glee, S.H.I.E.L.D., The Killing and More

Glee Season 6 Spoilers

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Can you give us a teaser for the sixth and final season of Parenthood? —Ben
Ausiello: Remember that pregnancy test Amber grabbed in the Season 5 finale? Well, showrunner Jason Katims remains tight-lipped about the results, but he can confirm that Matt Lauria’s Ryan will return in Episode 3. Do with that information what you will!

Question: Any scoop on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s FitzSimmons? Any updates on Fitz’s storyline in terms of his injuries? —Stacy
Ausiello: Prepare to be mildly toyed with. Exec producer Jeff Bell told Matt Mitovich that as the Sept. 23 premiere unspools, Fitz’s fate will go unaddressed “just long enough that you think, ‘Oh my God, really? Aren’t they going to…?!'” — before finally revealing the 411 on everyone’s fave techie. But the bigger question may be: How is the lad’s heart? “The beauty of what [Fitz said to Simmons trapped underwater] is it makes for lots of complicated feelings,” Bell notes. “I’d be curious to see how things will be different or the same now.”

Question: Any intel about Arlene and Keith from True Blood? They are adorable together and I can’t get enough of them. —Lily
Ausiello: Not everyone will get a happy ending on True Blood, Lily, but I think it’s safe to say that Arlene and Keith will be among the lucky few. Though we’re not going to get another pool table scene, this Sunday’s episode does show the effect Arlene’s relationship with Keith is having on her. (Spoiler Alert: She’s a very happy woman.)

Question: Anything juicy on the remaining episodes of True Blood‘s final season? —Bookworm
Ausiello: “Juicy,” eh, Bookworm? How about one of the most highly anticipated sex scenes in True Blood history finally coming to fruition? Is that “juicy” enough for ya?

Question: Is CBS’ Charmed reboot still a thing? Please say no! —Sam
Ausiello: No! It’s officially dead! Celebrate!

Question: There’s a Glee rumor going around that Rachel will return to Lima to relaunch New Directions — is it true? —Kelly
Ausiello: Actually, that rumor happens to be… true! We will, however, find out what became of the TV pilot she was developing with Bob’s Burgers‘ Kristen Schaal and Community‘s Jim Rash. We might even catch a glimpse of the final product. (I’m guessing its failure is what leads to the homecoming.)

Ask AusielloQuestion: Can you give us a hint as to what’s going to happen when Brooklyn Nine-Nine returns? —Charlotte
Ausiello:
According to B99 boss Dan Goor, Season 2 will pick up “five to six months” after the events of the freshman finale. Asked if the flash-forward is tied to a special occasion, Goor would only reveal that the premiere contains “fun, big, juicy events that justify the jump,” adding that the episode “will try to address all of the finale cliffhangers.”

Question: Got any intel on Perception‘s midseason finale? – Barb
Ausiello: Kate and Donnie’s wedding “is starting to awaken things” in Pierce, Eric McCormack says. “Something will happen at the end of the summer that will shake him up enough that he starts to speak about other things he’s been quiet about for a long time.” And after the cliffhanger finale, there’s even more good stuff coming when the season continues this winter. “We get into a whole other area that I’m excited about, where we start to explore a bit more of his relationship with Moretti and all the stuff that’s been unspoken,” the actor adds.

Question: On Chicago Fire, there were a few episodes that seemed to make a “big deal” about Casey’s concussion/memory problems.   Then… it’s not mentioned again. What happened? Did they figure it wasn’t a storyline worth pursuing? —Ed
Ausiello: Shockingly, the building explosion won’t bring those issues back to the surface — at least not in the near term. “Casey has chosen to continue on with this injury that could, down the road, rear its ugly head for sure,” says EP Matt Olmstead. “But in light of the devastation of this collapse, it puts into perspective what he has in terms of counting your blessings, essentially. It could always be worse.”

Question: Do you have anything about Burgess and Ruzek from Chicago PD? —Allyson
Ausiello: The pair will keep things hot, heavy and under wraps in Season 2. “[Burgess is thinking], ‘I don’t want word to get out [about the relationship] because that will really ruin my ability to ever get into Intelligence,'” previews executive producer Olmstead. “But a couple things happen. One is, she just really likes Ruzek, and he really likes her. So they’re trying to keep it under the radar, though I can’t say that’s completely effective because people get wind of it.”

Question: Hey, avid reader of TVline here. Got any scoop on American Horror Story: Freak Show? —Kevin
Ausiello: Ryan Murphy & Co. are doing a 180 with regard to Gabourey Sidibe’s role in the new cycle. I’m told Freak Show will find her playing a well-off, impeccably tailored Barbizon School grad who comes back to town to deal with a family matter. In related news, did you see who’s playing her mum?

Ask AusielloQuestion: Has Sleepy Hollow cast the Succubus yet? —Janet
Ausiello: They have! I can exclusively confirm that Caroline Ford (Lake Placid: The Final Chapter) has landed the guest-starring role of Lilith — AKA the Succubus. Official character description, authored by EP Mark Goffman: You may have heard lore about the biblical creature called a Succubus. And as with all creatures on Sleepy Hollow, she comes with our own twist. Ethereal and seductive, Lilith drains her victims’ life force, leaving only desiccated husks behind. She’s drawn to desire, and hidden desires burn brightest, so she will reveal many secrets in her path of exotic destruction. Things in Sleepy Hollow are about to get sexy as—you know… hell.

Question: Will Once Upon a Time fans find out to whom Hook traded his ship? —Meg
Ausiello: Not anytime soon. “It’s definitely something I myself am wondering,” says Colin O’Donoghue, three episodes into shooting Season 4. Especially given the significance of the trade, in the name of helping Emma, “I would be intrigued to see exactly what happened there,” the pirate’s portrayer adds. “The Jolly Roger was his life for 300 years!”

Question: Thank you for the awesome Killing post mortem with Veena Sud. One burning question I had — did she ever consider killing off Linden? —Jacob
Ausiello: Yes, it was considered, although Sud adds it was never “seriously” explored. “But, certainly, it was a thought over the years. My feeling was, in order for the story to end, Linden either had to continue down this dark road, or find her way out of the valley of darkness. And I felt that Linden, deserved the latter ending. I didn’t want to kill her. I love her too much. And after everything she’s been through, she deserved some peace.”

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman and Andy Swift)

1. CP says:

Highly anticipated True Blood sex scene coming to fruition? Does this mean Jason and Eric actually do it? Really what other pair would be considered highly anticipated or hasn’t already happened?

• Priscila says:

I thought the same thing LOL
      Maybe a threesome — Eric, Bill and Sookie?
      Other than that, I can’t think of anything else.

• KyD says:

Maybe present day Pam and Eric? I wish it was amnesia free Eric and Sucky Sookie, just for living vicariously purposes, but Beeelll….
      But if we take it as a highly anticipated/ongoing joke, maybe is will be Ginger and Eric. Yeah, that’s probably it— Eric is going to mercy screw Ginger.

• Fran says:

Sookie and Sam! Lol, just kidding. Yeah I’m thinking Eric and Ginger since that’s been an ongoing joke.

• Bev says:

Ginger and Eric would be absolutely hilarious to watch (I mean, does she scream even louder when she cums than she does when she’s scared?), but my “dream scene” is Eric and Pam… without a doubt…. Eric and Pam. Fingers crossed.

• noelle says:

If it is going to be eric and ginger, that “highly anticipated” comment was seriously poor wording. Hilarious and entertaining? Sure, but I don’t think many true blood fans watch every week just hoping that ginger and eric will finally do it. Highly anticipated to me would be sookie and non-amnesiac eric or maybe present day Pam and eric

• Susan says:

Can’t be Ginger and Eric because she’s Hep V positive.

• Fran says:

Is she? When did they say that? I know they had the scene where Eric says “I’m diseased” and Ginger says “so am I” but I thought that was just her saying she is figuratively, not literally.

• Carrie says:

My first thought was Eric and Jason too – but then its been all Pam and Eric lately so I guess Pam is not into ladies anymore….
      Jessica and Hoyt’s reunion?

• LaBete says:

There used to be a lot of disappointment that we didn’t get to see the Eric/Sookie shower sex scene from Book 4, so could that be it? I can’t say I’ve “highly anticipated” in any sort of good way (except train-wreck-awkward entertaining) an Eric/Ginger sex scene, but that’s probably it.

2. SANDY says:

the Killing started out to be such a good show but misshandled badly then put on somethong that no one could watch. Terrible treatmant of a good show.

3. Dani says:

The more they let lose with the Glee spoilers the more I don’t want to watch it, turns out the theme isn’t follow your dreams it’s stay in Lima and live the Lima Loser life!

• KC says:

The theme is “giving back” for Seadon 6. Rethink your comments!

• jalahyacinth says:

“Giving Back”? At the ripe old age of 20? With 1 play and a failed show under her belt?

• B says:

They’ve already said there’s going to be a time jump so she’s not going to be 20 when this happens.

• Ex Glee fan says:

Still, the show has run out of gas, good stories, and it’s promise in its yargon thru all of 5 seasons. That yargon that believe in yourself, be yourself, dreams can come true. Some don’t, but, keep trying and believing in yourself, because you’re worth it. Rachel was that 1 person to make it big. Season 5 she was written terribly. Now, we are expected to follow this premise that there has been an elapsed time since season 5 ended. Sorry, the show lost my eagerness and loyalty a long time ago. It just lost all. The air out of its sails last season. This thing about Rachel returning just doesn’t sound interesting at all.

• Actually Finn was supposed to relaunch the Glee Club, and Rachel would “come home” to him…

• murley says:

Being a teacher is being a loser? Nice.

• Anne says:

Pretty sure Rachel won’t be a teacher… unless she graduated with a teaching degree sometime between the possible failure of her TV pilot and her return to Lima. But nice try at being a condescending a$$.

4. Angela says:

Interested in how the people of Sleepy Hollow take on the Succubus! Especially considering how she’ll leave her victims behind afterward.

5. I'm FREE of Glee! says:

I was only sticking around Glee for Lea Michele but thanks to the disgusting piece of trash hooker she is shacking up with and I have lost all respect and I don’t even care to follow her anymore, add it the really lame SL’s and I’m FINALLY Free of Glee!!!!

• CK says:

Yep, get used to it. Thanks to rabid glee fans(re: the crazy ones, not the sane majority), anyone Lea Michele dates from now until she is no longer relevant is going to be attacked relentlessly online.

• Angela says:

Unless the guy’s known for being a horrible creep who’s abusive or something along that line, why exactly should you care about or get upset by who she dates?

• herman1959 says:

Yes, and the thing about hidden desires being revealed…hmmm.

• herman1959 says:

Sorry, this was supposed to be in reply to your post about Sleepy Hollow.

• Angela says:

Heh, that’s okay-easy to get mixed up here sometimes! But yes, the “hidden desires being revealed” thing, exactly! Considering the news about Abbie’s love life possibly getting some attention, and Crane and his wife trying to sort things out now that they’re reunited, and all that…throw a Succubus into that mix and things could get…crazy. To say the least.

• Dv says:

I hope to all heaven you are 13 or younger….I’ll be very sad if you are any where near adult age

6. abz says:

I’ve been one of those people who’s sticking with Glee till the end no matter what. However, I am not a fan of this plot twist. Rachel Berry is no Finn Hudson. The relaunching ND storyline would have been fine with him still being around because his character just fit so well in that world and with wanting to lead and motivate others and being a teacher. Rachel is nothing like that. I can’t picture her as a “Will-type” character at all. I find it really disappointing that they’re making her give up on her Broadway/singing dreams so easily. Plus, what does that mean for Will? I was okay with them bringing the new newbies because I knew in some way ND was going to be relaunched and they’re going to need new kids, but right now this is just not sounding good at all. Guess I’ll just have to wait and see the finished product.

• Kim says:

I could see Artie more being the Mr. Schue type. Or Sam in a weird way….Rachel can be kinda’ a jerk.

• abz says:

Oh God I hope they use VERY little of Sam this season. The character is insufferable.
        And yeah that’s my point. She’s evolved over time but the show hasn’t always been consistent with her character. I wouldn’t put it past her to create another Sunshine situation when she thinks one of the new ND members has a great voice and challenges her.

• dcl33 says:

considering that chord confirmed that he will be in every single episode… yeah we have no such luck. Its is a Blamchel show after all.

• Carrie says:

Agreed. I thought the whole “i won my lifetime dream role and now I’m throwing it away(before the season is over and I find out if I got a tony nom)” made no sense. She worshipped Barbra. She breathed Barbra. She dreamed Barbra. She gets Funny Girl and she blows it? That for me was the ultimate jump the shark in all the jumpy jump jumpiest of jumping shark moments that glee has produced to date. I get they were scrambling without Corey but tossing out the character’s core drive when it also had lost her heart and soul? Pitiful and hard to keep watching.

• Aprilcot says:

“That for me was the ultimate jump the shark in all the jumpy jump jumpiest of jumping shark moments that glee has produced to date.”

I love this comment so much and I agree 100%. Once I start a TV show I very rarely break up with it (I’m still watching Idol, for Pete’s sake), but I don’t think I’m going to be able to stomach Glee this season. It’s too far gone for me. I felt like they had started to recapture the magic with the NY stuff and now that back in Lima with a whole new crew of glee club kids? No thanks.

7. LS1 says:

Biggest thing (and i guessed that he might of done it, and so glad) that he traded his ship aka which was his home to find Emma and bring her home.
    I wonder if Blackbeard survived and he traded to him, anything to get the magic bean to get to Emma. It was the most important thing for his ship but Emma was more important. As much as i like to see the Jolly Roger again, i think we need time before we see it again.

8. Debbie says:

I really liked the killing I hated to see it go off. But I did enjoyed the way they ended the show it answer a lot of question thank you for that.

9. Stacy says:

I was also curious about Casey’s head injury on Chicago Fire. That story line did seem to end out of no where. Regardless, I’m anxious to see who survives the finales building explosion and what the repercussions are for everyone in the firehouse.

10. LK says:

The “most highly anticipated” True Blood sex scene? Which pair hasnt had sex yet?

• DarkDefender says:

Sookie and (non-amnesiac) Eric
      Sookie and Sam
      Pam and Eric (we’ve only seen them post coital)
      Eric and Ginger
      Bill and his wife in another flashback (oh hell no)
      Lettie Mae and James (eww.. Just kidding)
      Jason and well.. Who we kidding he’s slept with everyone

11. Glad Linden got her happy ending.

12. Ben says:

In reference to Gabby Sidibe, what does barbizon mean?

13. katrina says:

Pam and Eric? Or Eric and ginger?! Lol that’s my only guesses for highly anticipated.

14. Staci says:

so happy to hear that the charmed reboot is dead :) nothing good could have come of it being rebooted

15. Bwhit says:

I am glad to hear they are pursing a Ruzek/Burgess relationship on PD, I kind of enjoy that more than the Erin/Jay/Kelly triangle the writers may go with in season 2.

16. Lily says:

YEAH, thank you for answering my Arlene/Keith question, and I’m happy of the answer, these two are really just adorable and for me, their scenes were the highlight of this season (that’s how much I loved it *sigh*)

17. Lenny says:

I love Hook and his sacrifice to find Emma, the woman he loves. That ship was important to him but not more then Emma, just to see her etc. His life is Emma.
    I get a feeling it was Blackbeard IF he hadnt died.

• Marco says:

His life being Emma is just sad. No one should live only for their love interest.

• LS1 says:

Why? He has no one in his life, he’s been alone for 300 years, he sees love, and life with Emma! Anyone would if they have no family, and all alone in the world and happen to fall in love with someone after living in such darkness! Its not sad, its HOPE!

18. jrex says:

I will be a fan of Glee to the bitter end, but I do hope there is a significant time-jump before the original characters all head back home to Lima. Let them have some success and maturity to pass on to another generation of young singers.

19. Sarah says:

I’m hoping we get just as much Hook this season, as last. He’s my favorite character. The holes in the story aren’t just about his ship, but about his father (referenced to the last episode of season 2). I am hoping we get to meet his father, and that we get a lot more back story playing into more stories for present day.

20. Ana says:

Thank you very much for the Hook scoop. Love his character dearly. I truly hope that we’ll get a little more insight into his background this season, aka his parents, maybe his first stay in Neverland, where Liam was when his dad abandoned him.
    Hopefully we’ll find out more…I’d also love to know why Colin keeps stressing the temporary nature of Killian being on his best behavior. Since canon has clearly established him as being a man of honor (even if he is a pirate) with a courageous, unbending heart.
    Thanks again for the Hook scoop – plead eke it coming :)

• LS1 says:

I think he will struggle with change (and his has some of his walls as well), like most humans do and its natural. He’s lived in a certain way for 300 yrs. and he is a bad boy in a way but also a hero (which he struggles with seeing himself)
      Im not much interested in Neverland, coz we can pretty guess what he lived for and what he did, So not really much interested in that. I do want to see him being a pirate how he went about it and also his childhood.

21. Kalee says:

Highly anticipated True Blood sex scene? What’s left? Is it Sookie and Eric redux? Sookie, Bill, Eric threesome? Just Bill and Eric? It’s Bill and Eric isn’t it?

Wait, it’s probably just Eric finally letting Ginger’s dreams come true.

22. KCC says:

Excited about Daniel Pierce and Kate Moretti on Perception!! Can’t wait to see where it takes their relationship.

23. A says:

goodness, the first time in a long time there is no Arrow scoop. I’m sad but I can’t complain, you have given us so much goodness already. Is it October yet?

• You really make it seem so easy together with your presentation but
      I find this topic to be actually one thing which I feel I’d
      by no means understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.

I’m taking a look ahead on your subsequent put up,
      I will try to get the grasp of it!

• What’s up to every , as I am actually keen of reading this blog’s post to
      be updated regularly. It consists of pleasant data.

24. Christina says:

FitzSimmons scoop! Thank you Matt (and Stacy) for paying attention to them!

25. Truefan says:

Highly anticipated sex scene could be Eric and Jessica.

• Fran says:

People want that? I hadn’t heard that one before. I think its definitely Eric and Ginger. Tvguide has this same spoiler but reported that it was an unrequited love and would be a funny/wierd sex scene.

26. Tracy says:

We haven’t been watching Rachel all these years to see her end up a failure! If that is how Glee is going to write her then I won’t be watching the final season! Ryan Murphy either doesn’t know what fans want or doesn’t care but this isn’t it!

27. cynthia says:

I noticed in the promo for the second season of The Originals that they didn’t mention or show the son that came back to life along with Esther. While everyone keeps debating whether it’s Finn or Kol i think we should also be wondering if that son could be Henrik or the one who died when they lived in Europe. I know that if Henrik was brought back that it would definitely mess with Klaus’ mind giving that he was the one to witness his littlest brother die in his arms. You guys should definitely bring that up with Julie Plec and ask her.

28. Marco says:

I’m kind of curious to see what the succubus brings to SH… I hope her powers don’t work only on men, though. I don’t want a repeat of the rape apologist mess that we saw last season in ‘Yes Men’ from Agents Of SHIELD.

29. I have a question: What is so wrong in having another Charmed Reboot that was a good show and I loved it…

Also anything about Armywives starting a new Chapter I know some of us are hoping please let us know. if you hear anything about that…

30. scott21 says:

They should bring back Charmed with the original cast member!!!!!!

31. Nonnie says:

Why is Colin O’Donoghue so thin? Is he ok?

32. Adam says:

Mae Whitman was outstanding on the last season of Parenthood can’t wait till it returns

33. “I’m guessing its failure is what leads to the homecoming.” I have the opposite theory. I think that it is her success in Hollywood that allows her to return to Lima and become the New Direction’s patron, the role Rhodes played before. She’ll use her new-found fortune to pay for the revival of the glee club. Mercedes will probably help out too.