Exclusive

Criminal Minds Nabs Alicia Coppola for Suspicious Season 10 Guest Role

Criminal Minds Season 10 Alicia Coppola

Looks like a former Jericho resident is going to be stirring up trouble for Hotchner and the gang.

RELATED Scoop: Jennifer Love Hewitt Joining Criminal Minds as Series Regular

Alicia Coppola — who played IRS agent-turned-blushing bride Mimi on the CBS drama — will appear on the fourth episode of Criminal Minds‘ upcoming 10th season, TVLine has learned exclusively. Coppola will play Lisa Randall, the head of a Morgellons syndrome support group who’s “willing to go as far as she can to protect group members privacy.”

(Gee, that doesn’t sound incriminating at all.)

Since Jericho ended in 2008, Coppola has appeared on countless other shows, including NCIS: Los AngelesThe Nine Lives of Chloe KingTwo and a Half Men and Teen Wolf.

As TVLine also exclusively reported, Dawson’s Creek alum Kerr Smith will guest-star on Criminal Minds‘ Oct. 1 premiere as body part-collector Frank Cowles. (Yeah, gross, I know.)

1. Linda says:

Upcoming 10th season….

2. Jennifer says:

I wished the show would have hired Alicia as Kate instead of Hewitt, that would have been SO much better, she’s such a great actress. Then if they really, really felt like they still really, really needed Hewitt on the show they could have had her on as an unsub and she could be killed off.

3. Angela says:

Hm. Considering this woman’s in a support group, and the episode is called “The Itch”, and this site said a while back the fourth episode would be Reid-centered…getting a pretty good guess of what it might be dealing with in regards to him.
    I’m intrigued, though, both for the case and for his storyline within.

• Debra says:

@Angela According to Harry Bring via twitter that episode is no longer Reid-centric.
      He did promise that Reid will still get his centric episode. Just the same though I’ll believe it when I see It. Not blaming Harry, mind you, he was just the messenger.

• Angela says:

Oh, really? I hadn’t heard that news…that’s a shame. But eh, well-still interested in the episode itself, and will look forward to one focused on him whenever it does come along.

• mairazol says:

Same here. Reid is now an outcast. Last season there was not one single centric episode for him. His main work now is to drink coffee at police stations…

• Tammy says:

I know, right. I am sick and tired of Criminal Minds’ shift from a show about a TEAM of profilers to now focusing only on JJ and Morgan and the unsub. Reid is always left behind at the police station and now so are Hotch and Rossi. I was so bored with the show last season and if it continues to be this way I might have to look for something else to watch on wednesday nights… I am not saying that CM has run its course, but in my mind I am over it if the writers can only focus on two out of seven characters. It will be sad to say goodbye

4. kam says:

She will always be Lorna (Another World) to me! Always like seeing her on TV.

5. tannerose5 says:

Alicia was also on a CSI episode where she put the livers (I think) of joggers in a blender and drank it. It was a gruesome, terrific, and she was great in the part.
    I had to look the syndrome up on Web Med and this is what I found. Morgellons is a controversial and poorly understood condition in which unusual thread-like fibers appear under the skin. The patient may feel like something is crawling, biting, or stinging all over. I guess it feels like bugs crawling under the skin. I sure hope Reid isn’t the one involved. Hasn’t the poor guy gone through enough?

6. Tran says:

Really hope Alicia Coppola may someday have her own series sometime in the near future.

• cp1945 says:

She gave a phenomenal performance as the avenging widow of a hit man on L&O: Criminal Intent. So sly and subtle until the shock ending. I’ve loved her since Another World.

7. Seer Max says:

Alicia Coppola, over the years have played all kinds of characters, depth or no depth,….she truly can give you a phenomenal performance,…some of her creepier roles , like a cannibal,…will certainly point your toes,…..out and out weird, well let’s just say she has that down to perfection.

8. phil says:

who are you?

9. Tom Slick says:

I liked her as Lt. Commander Faith Coleman on NCIS.

10. I applaud the writers/producers/actors of Criminal Minds to have the courage to bring such a controversial issue as Morgellons Disease (MD) into their show. I hope that this dramatized accounting will be a stimulus both for the show as well as in educating the public about the current scientific research on the condition. Many in the entertainment industry have historically taken on ’causes’ in an effort to share & circulate correct information and resources on difficult issues.

A Google search on Morgellons Disease will result in questionable to downright crazy information. I hope that producer, Breen Frazier, writer, Larry Teng and actress Alicia Coppola, were able to gain enough insight into the Morgellons dilemma to produce an Emmy winning episode for us all. I encourage anyone wanting to learn the most accurate and current information on MD to visit The Charles E. Holman Morgellons Disease Foundation at http://www.MorgellonsDisease.org

Gwen Simmons, RN, PHN-B
    The Charles E. Holman Morgellons Disease Foundation

11. Karen says:

I really luv Jericho ! Excellent series! I really enjoy criminal minds as well . As a person who knows far too well about morgellons I sure hope these poor suffering people are not given a bad rap. Look forward to the show!