Suits Renewed for Season 5

Suits Season 5

USA Network is lawyering up, ordering a fifth season of its hit legal drama Suits.

RELATED Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Season 5 will consist of 16 episodes, the cabler confirmed on Monday.

Suits continues to fire on all cylinders, delivering provocative storytelling and complex characters that viewers can’t get enough of,” said USA Network prez Chris McCumber in a statement. “With some of the best writing on television, and a brilliant ensemble cast, we anticipate a spectacular fifth season for a series that has become a marquee property for USA.”

Suits is approaching the midway point of its current fourth season; the  midseason finale is scheduled for Wednesday, August 20 at 9/8c.

1. kiks says:

This is Fantastic news!!! undoubtedly one of the best shows on USA.

2. wrstlgirl says:

Good news. Especially now that Mike and Harvey are back together. I was having a hard time enjoying the first few episodes with them on opposing sides. It just wasn’t working for me.

• Lisa @catcharmer1 says:

I actually enjoyed seeing the two of them go head to head. Harvey has “never lost a case”, and the last thing Mike wants to do is lose to Harvey. I thought it was interesting to see how they would get creative to try to win.

3. sauginres says:

As long as they don’t cancel The Mentalist and Person of Interest

4. Pat Cvitkovic says:

As far as my husband and I are concerned, SUITS is the best show on TV. We anxiously await every Wednesday.

5. Gerry Haines says:

Love Suits, even more now hat Mike and Harvey are back together fighting crime and bad guys.
    Had a tough time in the beginning, didn’t like that story line at all.

6. JudybGsul says:

Love this show & so glad it is renew. Best show on TV.

7. Dean says:

Great news now if they renew Graceland and Satisfaction I can breathe easy.

8. Terrific! Why isn’t this terrific show and cast nominated for any awards?

• Pat Cvitkovic says:

I, too, have wondered why SUITS has never been nominated for any awards. The best show on TV, followed closely by GOOD WIFE. (At least in my humble opinion!)

9. suzyku says:

Wonderful news! Love Gabriel Macht the best but this is a wonderful cast with wonderful writing and acting!

10. Maggie says:

Love the show and actors. Always keeping me guessing

11. Doris says:

Happy to know suit is renewed. One of my favorite shows on usa network!

12. Laurie Emerson says:

This made my day!! I just wish they would renew Longmire now

13. Tex Mike says:

This show wouldn’t be half as good without Louis to Litt You Up!!

14. johnhelvete says:

Good news. The show is having a great fourth season and I am a little surprised by the amount of viewers turned off by the Mike and Harvey on opposite sides at the start of the season, I actually liked that story line.

15. Joni says:

Glad to hear this news as the mid-season 4 finale approaches.

16. Leanne says:

love this show. Glad its back to the plot of working together and not going like the good wife.

17. Dani says:

Harvey Specter. I bet he closed this renewal deal.

18. Christine says:

I just hope they keep Katrina around (even if Amanda Scull now stars in 12 Monkeys) because she has turned into my favourite character this season.

19. HAP says:

The writers do a notable job of writing strong roles for the talented women in the cast. Can’t say that about many shows.

Now, if only USA would finally put Royal Pains to sleep.

20. Georgia says:

WHAT GREAT NEWS! LOVE THIS SHOW!

21. David G. Stern says:

Very glad to have Harvey and Mike on the same side again. Was a little worried where things were going. Great show for sure.

22. Diane Vandrei says:

Wonderful love the show!

23. Coal says:

Amanda Schull (Katrina) really won a lot of people over this past week, myself included. I think mainly it was good to see two characters of different sexes working together (Kat & Litt) purely on a platonic level.

• Bwhit says:

I enjoy their dynamic too. There is absolutely no romantic chemistry and that is refreshing because shows sometimes clog up story lines with the will they or won’t they angle.

24. mommaknowsbest77 says:

25. Bwhit says:

Great news! Any word on its Wednesday partner Graceland?

26. louie says:

Ok this show gets renewal but white collar gets cancelled ok what are u guys smoking

• Kris says:

I think White Collar was cancelled because the actors wanted out of the series, not because USA decided to cancel.

• JBC says:

Simply not true!! Matt Bomer wanted a full season for S6, he told a fan at one of the Space 76 events. Nobody in that cast has ever said they wanted out. Network said White Collar was too expensive. Plain and Simple. It took alot for Fox who owns the show to get 6 little episodes & Fox even offered to pay for it.

• Dean says:

Bro there is a diffrence between cancelled and ended. Cancelled is when a show ends and there are loose ends that are open. Ended is what shows like white collar and sons of anarchy whuch have final seasons.

27. Suits is great show. Could you tell me what happened to NCIS Los Angeles? It just disappeared from USA

28. Joey Padron says:

Happy show got renewed! Hope Graceland gets renewed next.

29. that’s great i love the show”.

30. David says:

Oh yeah! It seriously is the best writing around, with a un-paralleled cast.

31. Bernadette says:

Delighted to hear Suits is renewed. Love the show. It’s a keeper!

32. Babygate says:

Love, LOVE it! This is one of my favorite shows on tv. Not just in the summer. It is very, very well written. It reminds me a lot of The Good Wife. Happy to have my secret crush, Louis Litt, back on my screen. And of course, Donna!!!

33. analog says:

season 4 has been horrible so far. hoping it improves soon.

34. Elysium says:

Just got into Suits this season and I’m really enjoying it. So glad to hear it’s being renewed!

35. vp44 says:

Just want to say I love this show!!!!

36. Very good news. Love the show.

37. Elizabeth Martin– NCIS has been on at its regular Tues. slot all summer. It will move to Mon. 10 PM next month. NCIS NOLA will be on Tues @10.
    Glad Suits is renewed. Wish Gabriel Macht would get rid of those growths on his face, lol. The actor who plays Booth’s brother on Bones and was a regular on Night Shift got rid of his and looks so much better.

• Yes, NCIS Los Angeles has been on its rgular Tuesday time but I am talking about syndication on USA. It just stopped abruptly about two months ago and I just wondered why.

• Kathie says:

OOPS! Sorry, you didn’t specify USA, so I thought you meant CBS. It’s been less than two months since it hasn’t been on USA. There used to be marathons on Tuesdays, then it changed to Thurs. afternoon, after a few NCIS episodes. It’s been only 2-3 weeks since I’ve seen it during the week. I do miss it, but schedules change and it will probably be back sometime. I would be happy if USA would alternate between the NCIS shows exclusively and drop SVU.

• Thanks Kathie. It’s my favorite show. Tried to stay with NCIS but just can’t get on board with the new girl so I depend on re-runs. Now if they would just quit playing SVU 24/7 Lol

• Kathie says:

I agree about SVU. However, I don’t mind Bishop’s character on NCIS. I think her quirkiness is refreshing and fits in with Abby’s.
            I have quit watching some shows for various reasons. I quit watching CSI after William Peterson left– only an occasional rerun with the current cast. I watched SVU for a few seasons, but quit altogtether when Christopher Meloni left. I quit Criminal Minds because it got too gruesome, even for me. The Following is off my list. I tried to stick it out, but YIKES!
            There are some violent shows I do/did watch, including Revolution and Vikings.
            The difference is when favorite characters leave I take it in stride and don’t flip out like so many posters on this site have. Stuff happens and it’s not the end of the world.
            Don’t like NCIS LA moving to Mon.@10, opposite Castle. Thank goodness for ON Demand.

38. Christine Decker says:

Love Suits. Best show on USA. Glad they are renewing the show. Wish they were on all year. Can’t understand why they do not receive any awards.

39. Nichole says:

Really glad to hear of the renewal, but also really wish they would move on from the Rachael/Mike relationship drama, it’s been four seasons, am seriously over it. Actually felt like fast forwarding part of this weeks episode to move past their scene!! It’s not just me either, my mother watches Suits also and feels the same way about their story line. Would be so much more interesting if they moved on and brought in other love interests, keep things fresh. Also really hope that Louis isn’t gone for good, he steals the show so many times with his character that it just wouldn’t be the same without him!

40. Chris says:

Love, love, love this show! Please tell me Louis is not gone for good. Jessica’s character is getting a little out of control to the point I almost wouldn’t mind seeing her gone. Very Glad Harvey and Mike are back together and that Donna is getting a bit more face time.

41. arlene says:

this is great news but too bad we can only view this great show in summer months………should be a regular sitcom……..

42. Sue says:

I love this show and am glad to hear it will return for another season. I think the writing is very good, however, that having been said, I think they should clean up the gratuitous use of profanity which has is much too prevalent. They got through the first couple of seasons without someone throwing in the terms s*^! and/or Bulls*^! in every other sentence, why is it necessary now? I’m definitely no prude and I can live with profanity when it contributes to the storyline and is used for shock value. But that’s not what’s happening here. The profanity is there just to be there and it detracts from the overall intelligence of the characters.

43. Ken Brown says:

Be glad when ir come back on. It’s a geat show