Teen Choice Awards: Nina Dobrev, Pretty Little Liars and More Winners

teen-choice-winners-featured

Vampires, werewolves and liars of various other species went head-to-head at Sunday’s Teen Choice Awards. So which shows and stars nabbed those coveted surfboards?

RELATED Teen Choice Awards: Nina Dobrev’s Dating ‘Drama,’ Tyler Posey’s Big Reunion and More Best Moments

Pretty Little Liars was the first televised winner for Choice TV Show, Drama, along with two winners from its ranks: Tyler Blackburn and Ian Harding. Read on for the rest of the evening’s victors, then drop a comment with your take on the results.

(Plus, check out gallery of TV stars on the Teen Choice red carpet.)

Choice TV Show, Drama: Pretty Little Liars

Choice TV Villain: Dylan O’Brien, Teen Wolf

Choice TV Reality Personality, Male: Adam Levine, The Voice

Choice TV Reality Personality, Female: Shakira, The Voice

Choice TV Male Scene Stealer: Tyler Hoechlin, Teen Wolf

Choice TV Female Scene Stealer: Candice Accola, The Vampire Diaries

Choice TV Female Breakout Star: Sasha Pieterse, Pretty Little Liars

Choice TV Male Breakout Star: Brett Dalton, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Choice TV Breakout Show: Faking It

Choice Summer TV Show: Wipeout

Choice Summer TV Star, Male: Tyler BlackburnPretty Little Liars

Choice Summer TV Star: Female: Ashley Benson, Pretty Little Liars

1. ruahticsn says:

I wonder why there’s no Choice TV Action this year…

2. Shaun says:

Who even watches this show?

3. Dean says:

Now we know who makes the Kardashians famous

• Jodi says:

I know right…They pretty much are dog crap stuck to the bottom of your shoe…Once there, hard to get rid of!

• Dean says:

I remember once a tv show dissed them. A girl asked what a kardashian was and someone called them blood sucking leeches. Don’t know which show but thats an accurate description.

• Jodi says:

Dean, have you seen the Absolutely Fabulous episode where they totally dissed them? Youtube it. Absolutely Fabulous Kardashian…It’s worth a laugh

4. Debbie says:

Why dont all the categories have winners???

• nicoletti345 says:

they don’t show all of the categories and their winners because of how much time they have on the air. with promotional commercials, acceptance speeches and performances, they don’t have enough time to show everything but the TCA website will most likely post all of the category winners eventually.

5. nicoletti345 says:

who won the web choice gamer award? I hope ihascupquake!

6. LaPiquante says:

Wait. Does this mean that Cosmos lost? to Kardashians? Dammit.

Whatever hope I had for the future has evaporated so fast….

• Mariya H. says:

Agreed, but if teenagers are involved then why would they EVER vote for a science show when they could vote for a show where a woman flips a table over not getting her way… and I’m a teenager and this is just pathetic…

• Dean says:

Teens know what they want no wonder the Kardashians are still on the air.

7. nicoletti345 says:

who won the web choice gamer award? and why aren’t you showing any of the web awards?

8. Abby says:

What is this Madness. Jennifer better have won. SLAY. SHE IS QUEEN. 😍💕

9. angry says:

Choice TV Female Breakout Star: Sasha Pieterse, Pretty Little Liars

seriously? sasha has been on the show for 5 years now, how is that a breakout?

• Victoria says:

Because she was never really featured like the other girls. I mean I agree cause it’s not like she’s new, but she never really was as big as say Ashely benson or Lucy hale. Even on Instagram she has the least amount of followers. She’s getting more now that Ali is back but it’s still not like her co-stars

• @angry says:

it’s cause she was never on the show in real time, it was always through flashbacks. if you watch the show you’d know that sasha is really different this season. it really seems like her first season as a series regular.

• le sigh says:

Angry- I do watch the show and I’m still surprised she won. There has been talk about SP’s acting for the past few years. So while her role has now been expanded, she’s really not a “break out star” as she’s had a job on the same show for 5 seasons.

10. AJ says:

Yay Dylan O’Brien won!

11. Steven says:

So happy about Faking It and Dylan O’Brien!

12. wordsmith says:

I love the irony that the only win for SHIELD was for the actor who was so colossally boring that they basically wrote him out of the show.

• anonymous says:

His entire character arc was what occurred. They didn’t write him out and he in no way was boring.

• wordsmith says:

I’m not saying that Grant Ward or his storyline were boring – they actually gave him some of the most in-depth and compelling stuff in the show. Brett Dalton just consistently failed to live up to the material. At least relative to the rest of the cast.

• wordsmith says:

And they may have been planning to have him turn evil all along, but I know for a fact that the writing staff were aware that he was the weak link for most of the season.

13. Kate says:

Dylan O’Brien and Tyler Hoechlin won. All is right with the world.

14. Britt says:

Nina wins EVERY year. I don’t know who watches once upon a time but the actress in Nina’s category Ginnifer Goodwin is a much better actress. And Robbie Kay was nominated for best villain. His portrayal of evil Peter Pan was PHENOMENAL. Who even votes in these things because clearly the people who did wouldn’t know talent if it hit them over the head

• meresger says:

I don’t watch Vamp Diaries, but I did watch OUAT this past season. The writing for Ginny’s character was terrible and made me embarrassed for her and “Snow White”; for some reason they turned Snow into a self-centered dimwit who existed solely to advance the plot, wear ugly clothes, and make goo-goo eyes with her off-screen hubby. I wouldn’t have wanted her to win. The writing and acting-by-proxy on that show is on par in awful with True Blood.

• Kelsi says:

I don’t watch OUAT, but I can tell you that the writing for Nina’s character this past season was atrocious. Her acting as the character was basically ‘break up with Damon, make up with Damon.’ Her character turned into a selfish, whiny, annoying brat that many viewers can’t stand. Her character had zero depth the whole season and as a result, neither did her acting. I didn’t want Nina to win. I would of been happy with Kat Graham winning, but she’s overshadowed every year because she’s not Ian or Nina.

• Tala says:

I agree.There are much better actresses than Nina.I mean she’s beautiful but there is some other actresses that who deserve the award.

15. Jj says:

What did Jake Paul win an award for?

16. Kendall says:

Yayy Nina Dobrev, Candice accola and Ian Somerhalder won for the vampire diaries!!!!! Yay so excited I voted so many times for them and I love them!!!

17. The only person on here really deserving of an award, in my opinion, is Dylan O’Brien. He blew me away when he was the Nogitsune on Teen Wolf. That kid is going places, and to be perfectly frank, he’s really too talented for Teen Wolf. If I was his agent I’d be advising him to quit the show and focus on greener pastures (movie work, meatier tv roles, etc.).

18. Rook says:

I get that people like Lucy Hale but to me and my friends we think Aria is easily the worst pretty little liar.

19. Angie says:

How did Tyler Posey lose to Tyler Blackburn…

20. Kelsi says:

I will NEVER understand how Ian Somerhalder continues to win Choice Sci-Fi actor. He’s beaten Paul Wesley in that category for how many years now? It’s ridiculous and incredulous. Paul could (and has) act(ed) circles around Ian. Paul deserves that award so much more than ‘Squint and Smirk My Way Through Every Scene’ Ian Somerhalder.

• salma says:

Paul Wesley is wayyyy too good for that show. Ian can’t even act, looks are all hes got.

• Kirsten says:

Uh duh, Ian always wins b/c “omg he is like soooo hot and his eyes are soooo pretty” and Nina and Ian always win b/c “omg delena ugh I love them soooo much and want all my relationships to be like theirs”! Really that is all it comes down to.

• HeikeL says:

Ian Somerhalder wins ,because He is the best actor along with Nina on that Show ,with His phenomenal portrayal of that complex Character. I like Paul personally but not as on Actor. He plays every character the same way, there all the same, with the same flat look on there Faces. There is never any distinguishing in His characters, like with Nina’s characters. It doesn’t matter how many characters you play ,if you cant play them all well, like Nina does, in contrast you can play one character, and play that character extremly well like Ian does. Dylan from teen wolf was also 100% better then Paul in portraying the Villain, and deserved to win .

21. John says:

Teens are idiots. Why did they get their own awards again?

22. Cat Berd says:

Cat Deeley from So You Think You Can Dance won not Shakira.

23. Irene says:

JP had a bittersweet victory cause voters forgot last TVD disastrous season and REMEMBERED THE OTHE 4 AND HALF GOOD ONES! I’ realy happy for Candice Accola, she was always underated and didn’t bother in attending the show, but she’s a queen and deserved fans acknowledgement. Looks your sweetie Paul didn’t get it… nor the Originals, so you better think twice about your bad writing, snowflakes, baby plots, and unfair treatment of TVD fans!

24. Nicky Hathaway says:

I can’t believe Emily Bett Rickards didn’t win the female breakout star award. Her character was supposed to be in one episode but her performance was so outstanding and she was so charming that she blew everybody (the fellow cast, the crew, the producers, the fans of the show AND WB brothers) away to the point to be a series regular and being actually called by many as the female lead of the show since no one can get imagine the show without her. If that doesn’t scream breakout star, I don’t know what does.

• Sasha says:

Same, mind you she’s on my instagram so I knew she wasn’t going to the awards BUT still

• Briggs says:

Arrow was completely ignored, all around. But if they don’t care if they win any awards, it’s fine by me, too. They’re winners in my mind because of the work they do to make the show great. Not because of statues or surfboards.

25. A says:

Oh absolute joy!!! Apparently someone thought it would be a great idea to bring pointy toe heels back in style. Guess what? They look disgusting!!! Gosh I was so glad when that little stupid phase maybe 8 years back went away but now..sigh well at least I can laugh at my friends who will start wearing them again. Give me wedges or straps any day..pointy toe heels mmm no thanks.

26. I.R.E. says:

Well at least, Mindy Kaling and Andy Samberg appeared in this show as guest analysts, even if they did not win at all. Andy has better talent, but Mindy is more experienced. But they have another chance next year in this type of awards ceremony.

27. LoloCurray says:

Let’s play: Spot the comments written by young teenagers!

28. Jodi says:

This show is such a joke. Not sure why Nina Dorbev won, she certainly cannot act. She is emotionless much like Kristen Stewart. Then there is her outfit..really? Her stylist should be fired..it looks like a K-Mart blue light special. Also I am sorry but Adriana Grande looked like she just got off work from the night shift at the local strip club. I do have to give props to Selena Gomez..she looked classy..Not a huge fan, but she looked great. The Pretty Little Liars, cannot stand this show..to predictable and the actresses all look like they got stuck in the headlight beams of an approaching car.

29. campnowhere says:

How disturbing that the same faces keep winning each year. America The Beautiful is America The Rigged for certain types.

30. KC says:

This show is just horrible! Same faces each year, none can act at all. I only sat through 15 mins. That’s a record for me! Also, these awards mean NOTHING!

31. Ninguém de supernatural que isso foi roubo pois votei e tava ganhando

32. Ninguém de supernatural , foi roubo pois votei e ainda tava ganhando

33. I.R.E. says:

Kardashians are this show’s letdown right now, no offense. Right now, too many teen deaths are increasing like crazy!

34. nono says:

It was a good show

35. TVDFan says:

So happy for Ian, Nina and Candice, They so deserved to win this Award., and congratulations to TVD and all cast for winning for best Show.