Scoop: Veronica Mars' Ryan Hansen to Romance Kate Walsh in Bad Judge

Ryan Hansen Bad Judge

Kate Walsh is getting some Dick Casablancas.

Ryan Hansen has joined the cast of Walsh’s new NBC comedy Bad Judge as a series regular, TVLine has learned.

RELATED Fall TV Preview: Photos and Video of 50+ New Shows

The Veronica Mars vet will play Gary, a psychiatrist who has an on-again, off-again relationship with Walsh’s hard-living, sexually unapologetic judge, Rebecca.

Hansen — who is set to reprise his role of Dick C in the CW’s upcoming web-based Veronica Mars spin-off — replaces Bones‘ Mather Zickel, who portrayed Gary in the pilot but left the project for creative reasons.

Bad Judge premieres Thursday, Oct. 2 on NBC.

1. Tran says:

Wasn’t he the same actor who also played Candy Andy on 2 Broke Girls?

2. Ron says:

So, he’s going from ‘Bad Teacher’ to ‘Bad Judge?’ I like Ryan, but unfortunately for him, I don’t see this show lasting any length of time either. Maybe he should stay away from “bad” occupational shows…

3. Lore says:

The judge will be a cougar, i think he is too young

• ? says:

Kate Walsh is 46, Ryan Hansen is 33. You’re right, though I have nothing against this. Hollywood does it with older men and younger women all the time so a little bit of the reverse is a nice change of pace. Plus it’s totally believable, ’cause Kate Walsh is still plenty hot.

4. Rain388 says:

I was already looking forward to this show, but now I can’t wait for it to start. I’ve loved Ryan Hansen in everything I’ve seen him in!

5. Bianca says:

Love Ryan! Hope this show lasts longer than his other gigs so far. Loved every single show he’s been on since Party Down . He was great in Bad Teacher!

6. Mandy says:

I wasn’t planning on watching this show, but I will now!

7. Jared says:

Hopefully Rob Thomas can still get Ryan to guest star on iZombie. Although I don’t really see Bad Judge sticking around until mid season.

8. HAP says:

All the negative comments about this show surprise me. There are some very successful folks behind this show. Adam McKay, Will Ferrell, Anne Heche, Jill Sobel, Kevin Messick, Liz Brixius, for instance.

That said, If Mather Zickel left this for creative reasons, you can bet it was not of his own volition. So, why identify Zickel with Bones, when he was only in 3 episodes in 2013?

9. Bec says:

I can’t wait to see this show. Always love me some Kate Walsh.