Girl Meets World Renewed for Season 2

Girl Meets World Renewed Season 2

Girl Meets World has been met with very good news: Disney Channel has ordered a second season of the Boy Meets World follow-up, after just five airings.

Since its June premiere, Girl Meets World has ranked as TV’s No. 1 series among Kids 2-11, Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14.

RELATED Phineas and Ferb Will Get Lost

“The series swiftly became a favorite of kids and their parents, many of whom grew up with Boy Meets World,” Disney Channels Worldwide original programming EVP Adam Bonnett said in a statement. “We’re looking forward to watching Riley Matthews and Maya Hart make the world their own, as Cory and Topanga teach them life lessons along the way.”

Starring Rowan Blanchard, Sabrina Carpenter, Ben Savage, Danielle Fishel, August Maturo, Peyton Meyer and Corey Fogelmanis, GMW thus far has booked appearances by BMW alums William Daniels (as Mr. Feeny) and Lee Norris (who in the Aug. 15 episode will reprise his role as Minkus — aka Farkle’s dad!).

RELATED Teen Beach 2 Cast Confirmed: Look Who’s Back for the Sequel!

Production on the comedy’s sophomore run will begin in November.

VIDEO: Girl Meets World Cast Talks Surprise Returns, the New Feeny and More

1. Eric says:

Heck yes! Despite between an 19 year-old guy, I’ve been enjoying this series greatly. Whether it’s the nostalgia factor or something else entirely that’s keeping me glued to the screen, I’m happy I’ll get to continue taking this journey.

2. Skittles&Bits says:

HA! I knew Minkus and Farkle had to be related somehow! Farkle is comedic gold; the boy they have playing him is just the perfect balance between weird and quirky. Glad to hear Mr. Feeny’s going to make an appearance but I hope we can get Plays with Squirrels aka Uncle Eric to also make an appearance.

• Eric says:

Mr. Feeny has already made his appearance, in the pilot episode. He has stated that he’s open to returning for more guest spots in future seasons, but we won’t see him again during season 1.

3. Em J says:

YAY! FINALLY! We get more Feany then right? Like they said he’d be more in it if they got renewed!

4. Sarah says:

It makes me feel old, but I’m happy it got renewed.

5. Amanda says:

Hello, my name is Amanda and I’m 34 years old and I watch this show (without my kids btw)! My first thought is that there would be too much Disney and make it cheesy…well it is cheesy, but still funny! They need to use Topanga more and give that Farkle kid WHATEVER he wants because he makes the show! I want to Dawson Creek this show and say that that boy and Maya are going to get together and they bring someone else in for Riley! But then I remembered that this IS a Disney show! lol

6. Scott21 says:

yaaaay, I’m happy for it but I HATE FARKLE, he is so annoying :( but everyone else is so sweet

7. nobody special says:

everybody get ready to hate me. I love everything about this show, except the girl. she’s the one person on the whole thing who i am always thinking “i am watching her act” and it just bugs me. the rest of the show brings back all the joy of watching it with my kids, but not Riley.

• abz says:

I feel exactly the same. I’m getting used to her and the show is growing on me, but even though I feel a little bad about saying this, she’s a terrible actress and could benefit from a few more years maybe. Totally miscast in my opinion but I guess because I’m 22 and have been exposed to a lot of great acting and television over the years, the show isn’t targeted to my demographic so the younger kids are actually fine with it. I just think it’s sad when they almost perfectly cast Maya who acts so natural for her age, and Auggie who’s so cute and adorable but then they cast Riley (the titular and most important character to the show) and the actress over acts and makes me cringe sometimes while watching.

8. Laura Markl says:

I am glad as a fan of BOY MEETS WORLD I am enjoying GIRL MEETS WORLD with my kids. It is a show we do not have to worry about our kids watching and it has very good lessons for our kids.

9. Maria says:

Yea!!! My eleven-year-old daughter and I watch every new episode together. Looking forward to more.

10. Emily says:

So happy!!

11. torimelching says:

I am 31 and have really been enjoying the show. I was a huge Boy Meets World fan as well.

12. jm says:

it is funny cause when i was a kid, i just hate Corey Matthews but love the rest of the cast… i tough he was so annoying… :) it seems they got it the genes… i mean the character :D

13. Joey Padron says:

Happy show got renewed season 2. Show have been good so far. Hope to see Eric and some more cast members from Boy Meets World on next season of show.

14. Deanna Roberson says:

• Boy Meets World premiered when I was 16 years old. I am now 37 years old and I am enjoying Girl Meets world. I hope it lasts as long as the original Boy Meets World which was from 1993-2000. I would love to see Riley get older. The only thing I would change about the cast is Riley having a little sister(age 9) whom she had to share a room with and the little boy Augie still being the baby of the family.

15. Deanna Roberson says:

I have seen Girl Meets World and I think it it a cute show. I like the theme music. It sounds happy. I was always a Boy Meets World fanatic and I am looking forward to seeing season 2 of Girl Meets World. I am 37 years old and I feel like I am too old to watch the Disney channel, but a part of me doesn’t care because I like Girl Meets World. I hope it lasts as long as Boy Meets World because I would like to see Riley get older. One thing I would change about Girl Meets World is Riley having a little sister(age 9) whom she has to share a room with and Augie still being the baby of the family.