MTV's Scream Pilot Casts Its Victims

Scream MTV Pilot Cast

Scream‘s Fitzgerald, Serafini and Young

Ghostface is a getting some fresh prey.

MTV’s one-hour drama pilot based on the Scream film franchise has tapped a quintet of pretty, young faces, TVLine has learned.

RELATED MTV Renews Teen Wolf for Season 5

Willa Fitzgerald —who currently recurs as Emma on Royal Pains — will star as another Emma, a classic beauty whose popularity actually masks a natural shyness and intellectual nature. Her new life with the cool kids leaves her estranged from childhood best friend Audrey (played by Amy Forsyth, Reign), the daughter of a Lutheran pastor and an artsy loner/aspiring filmmaker.

Scream MTV Pilot Cast

Scream’s Forsyth and Karna

Also joining the pilot are John Karna (The Neighbors) as creative computer genius and Audrey’s best friend Noah, Carlson Young (Key and Peele) as bubbly, sexy popular group leader Brooke, and newcomer Amadeus Serafini as the dark, mysterious way too obvious suspect new kid Kieran.

RELATED Ken Jeong Plays Himself on MTV

The project — penned by Jay Beattie and Dan Dworkin (Criminal Minds, The Event, Revenge) and helmed by Jamie Travis (Faking It, For a Good Time, Call…) — kicks off with a YouTube video going viral, which will have adverse repercussions for Audrey and seemingly serve as the “catalyst for a murder that opens up a window to [her] town’s troubled past.”

While Beattie and Dworkin wrote the original pilot script, Jill Blotevogel (Ravenswood, Harper’s Island, Eureka) will serve as executive producer and showrunner.

1. Martin says:

Bout time hearing something about this project. Hope it doesn’t mean Carter is going bye-bye.

2. Steven says:

Seems interesting, but is it taking place in Woodsboro? Otherwise what’s the point in calling it Scream?

• I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

I imagine so, since the article says that bit about the town’s troubled history. But, Scream can take place anywhere there’s a Ghostface. The second and third movies didn’t take place in Woodsboro.

3. Arie says:

They should really get some of the directors from Teen Wolf. Some of the TW episodes have terrifying sequences that would be perfect for Scream.

4. Nikki says:

Good to see the cast is so……diverse…..

5. I can’t wait to see how original the MTV scream will be when it finally debut on MTV. Good luck to the future.

6. alistaircrane says:

It’s hard to be excited about this when these are new characters and not Sidney, Gale, Dewey, etc. But maybe this show takes place in the same universe as the movies, which opens up the possibility for an appearance from Neve Campbell as Sidney or David Arquette as Dewey or something. Teen Wolf, for example, is a hard reboot, so Michael J. Fox could never reprise his role as Scott—he’d have to play a new one. Maybe this is a good thing!

7. Lana says:

Remember when MTV used to play music videos? I miss those times…

• alistaircrane says:

Why? Why wait to watch a music video when you can watch them on Youtube or Vevo whenever you want? Get a streaming device and you can watch them on your actual tv screen.

• I must be getting old because I remember MTV play a lot of music video. I can’t wait to see how the series will be developed. I hope that it will be a winner.

8. James says:

Kinda sad because this rules out the possibility of Scream 5… And I really want Sidney to have another round against Ghostface.

• alistaircrane says:

I love Sidney but it would be extremely unrealistic for Sidney to be targeted by a serial killer for the FIFTH time. I liked the way Scream 4 wrapped up. I fear a fifth movie would end in Sidney’s death or have her be the killer—both of which would be awful choices.

• JC says:

I love the Scream series and the last installment ended in a fantastic way for Sidney, Gale and Dewey. If the studio does push through with Scream 5 it should be a new batch of characters. Leave Sidney alone :) I am looking forward to the TV series though, pls. be good!

• I must agree with James about using all new character because the viewers don’t know who will live or who will died before the end of the series. I wanted to see Scream 5. I must started to saved my money to buy Scream 1-4 on the DVD combo pack deal.

9. Behzsd says:

The GLARING lack of diversity, surprising for a youth-centric network like MTV.

10. Michael says:

ew. no. SCREAM 5. Please dont ever get to series.

11. So…are there just white kids here?