Welcome to Sweden Renewed for Season 2 at NBC

Welcome to Sweden Series Premiere

Welcome to… Season 2.

NBC has ordered a 10-episode second season of the Greg Poehler-created comedy Welcome to Sweden.

RELATED Welcome to Sweden: Greg Poehler on Nudity, Cursing and His Big Amy Gaffe

The Thursday-night series premiered in July to 3.5 million viewers and a 0.9 rating in the demo. Since then, it has averaged 2.9 million total viewers and a 0.8.

Sweden also airs overseas, where its popularity already led to a second season. (NBC broadcasts a slightly edited version of the original.)

No premiere date has been set for NBC’s return to Sweden.

1. Drewer says:

Yay! I’m really enjoying this show in the drought of Summer TV.

2. Moment says:

I knew it, discussed it recently on a ratings thread too. The ratings warranted it, and the Poehler factor all but secured it.

3. Rod says:

Wasnt this show already renewed in Sweden?
    How can NBC order a 10-episode 2nd season then?

• Moment says:

They picked up the rights to Season 2. Saying you’ve renewed it is just a fancy way of gaining some publicity to the pickup. Other networks have done the same when picking up cheap import shows.

• Well its both stupid and misleading. You don’t get the UK announcing that they’re ordered 22 episodes of some random show when all they’re done is bought the rights to screen it. And you don’t get BBC America announcing they’ve ordered 14 episodes of Doctor Who. “Ordered” implies they have some part in the production process – which they don’t when a show has already been renewed.

4. Gary Brady says:

Good show!

5. Tran says:

That’s good news. Don’t know whether Working the Engels is going to get renewed or canceled.

• David Kahoun says:

Working the Engels has been cancelled and pulled from the schedule. I liked it better than Welcome to Sweden. I don’t know if I’ll continue to watch Sweden now. I’m a little irritated, if not a bit surprised.

6. Ram510 says:

YES!!! This is a great show. I wish it wasn’t “slightly edited”. But I’m happy NBC decided to air the second season that’s already going to air in Sweden

7. Eric says:

I love this show, and I’m so glad it received a renewal this side of the ocean.

8. Wtactualf says:

This is a delightful little comedy, so glad it got renewed. Petition for Alex Skarsgård to make a cameo :)

9. Anna says:

I love the show – it may not be as brilliant as Parks & Rec but it is almost as good in it’s gentle satire. I am so scared they will cancel it because it is not typical American humor. By the way the Swedish actress who plays Bruce’ girlfriend is so stunningly beautiful.. NBC please keep it on.

10. Rudy says:

The show was really well done. Looking forward to the second season congratulations!

11. Sherri says:

Can’t wait for the second season! When will it start airing??? Great show!!!

12. Haroldo says:

Really enjoying the show and it’s even funnier if you understand Swedish culture and some of the language. If they translated it directly it would have to air on HBO or Showtime (Swedes aren’t so hung up about cursing).