Nashville Season 3 Premiere to Feature Two Live Cast Performances

Nashville Season 3 Premiere

ABC’s Nashville is going live for its third season premiere, but in keeping true to form, there’s a bit of a twist involved.

RELATED Nashville Books Laura Benanti for Season 3 — Will She Clash With Rayna?

Charles Esten (as Deacon) and Chris Carmack (as Will) will both perform live from the show’s Bluebird Café set, TVLine has confirmed, and their performances will be integrated into the episode.

Carmack will sing “If It’s Love” by the Striking Matches, while Esten will perform “I Know How To Love You Now,” which he penned along with Deana Carter.

Aside from those two performances, the rest of the premiere will already have been filmed.

Nashville returns for its third season on Wednesday, Sept. 24, at 10/9c.

Entertainment Tonight was the first to report the live performances.

1. rod says:

The whole cast proved they can all sing with last season`s special.
    Chris Carmack has been a real surprise in this show, great actor and great singer.
    Im always excited about live performances.

2. Bryce says:

Pretty cool! Can’t wait to see how they integrate the performances. Hopefully they add a nice touch and this can be done every so often.

3. Shira says:

That’s fantastic!!! The name of Charles Esten song is from his proposal speech so I can only assume it’s about Rayna….my heart is doing la little happy dance now :)

4. Curly says:

I agree about Chris Carmack, I had no idea he could sing so well, total surprise. I love this show so much and I’m not even a country music fan, but I am learning to enjoy it. Does anyone know if they will incorporate Hayden’s real life pregnancy into her storyline?

5. Amy H says:

What a great way to try to create a larger audience share! So happy they picked Esten to perform one of the songs. He’s one of the main reasons I watch the show.

6. Cobra says:

Charles Esten is a hell of a songwriter. I saw him at the Grand Ole Opry last year and he performed two songs that he co-wrote and he has a lot of talent. I’m really glad the showrunners are showcasing that and allowing him to perform one of his own songs.

• Sam says:

I just saw him last night and his originals were so great!! (Clare on the other hand, not so much.) I was really amazed! Can’t wait for this!

7. Claire says:

So if Deacon sings beautiful lovesongs about Rayna and she still turns him down i will have to hire someone to shoot me in the face during that premiere.

8. JAO says:

Ooh, can’t wait!

9. jasmine sorter says:

too many characters (singing) lately-cut some of them out!

10. Good answers in return of this difficulty with firm
    arguments and describing all regarding that.

11. Linda Fortenberry says:

Love this show can’t wait for new season