Comic-Con

Mary-Louise Parker Joins The Blacklist Season 2 — What's Her Tie to Red?

The Blacklist Season 2 Casting

Job opportunities are growing like weeds for Mary-Louise Parker.

RELATED Fall Preview 2014: Your Handy Calendar of 99 Premieres

Barely a day after landing a role in the NBC miniseries The Slap, MLP has boarded the network’s buzzy sophomore drama The Blacklist in a recurring role.

RELATED NBC Execs Defend The Blacklist‘s Hiatus, Talk Constantine Recast and Hannibal Season 3

As announced at the San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, Parker will debut in the Sept. 22 season opener as Naomi Hyland, a woman keeping a secret from her husband and who is “completely tied to Reddington,” Blacklist creator Jon Bokenkamp said.

As previously reported but always worth repeating, The Blacklist will cede its Monday time slot starting Nov. 17, then return from a 10-week hiatus with a post-Super Bowl showcase, before occupying its new home: Thursdays at 9/8c.

Theories on the Naomi-Red connection? Comment at us!

1. Kate M. says:

Mommy?

2. Tim says:

I need to watch Season 1 don’t I…

• mikeyz says:

you definitely should. spader was great and there wasn’t one bad episode all season. definitely one of the better shows to come out over the past few years.

3. Ian says:

Very nice. I love Mary.

She’s such a casting for this show too. She’s got to be playing someone with real significance.

4. chaouad says:

well now i have to finish season 1.

5. Tran says:

Can’t wait for MLP’s new gig on The Blacklist when Season Two begins on Monday September 22nd. Blacklist will do just fine when the series moves to Thursdays at 9 p.m. beginning February 5th.

6. TV Gord says:

She makes me happy. Her face lights up the screen. If you have any doubts, check out “weeds flash mob” on YouTube. I would be hers if I weren’t already Tina Fey’s boyfriend. ;-)

• TV Gord says:

Ouch! My smileyface has been wrenched onto a second line.

• Ian says:

Haha, I know!

She’s so full of neurotic wit as an actress. I might die if I see her sucking down an ice coffee on The Blacklist. I’d love them wink Weeds like that.

7. arial2 says:

I love her sense of humor! If she’s allowed to use it here, she and James Spader can really play off each other and give us some laughs within the dark stories. He usually stands alone as the comic relief; I’d love to see the two of them engaged in a battle of sarcastic wit. Can’t wait to see their episodes together.

8. herman1959 says:

YES. I love her for the diplomat’s daughter(?) who had an affair, and if she is actually the mother it’s even better because Berlin will be coming for her. She’ll being having her 50th birthday in a few days, so she is old enough to play Megan Boone’s (age 31) mother. We’ve heard a lot of talk about giving people something to come back for after the break – here it is!

9. liz says:

OH THAT IS SO AWESOME! SHE’LL BE FANTASTIC!!

10. John NYC says:

Between MLP and Spader? Oh the snark potential is limitless!

• herman1959 says:

Yes! When Red starts down Memory Lane to tell one of his stories and she weighs in it has to be funny.

11. Carol says:

The Blacklist is my favorite show. It’s addicting. Weeds was another favorite in the day, so having MLP being on The Blacklist is a dream come true. So excited for the season to start, can’t wait. No opinion on where this is going until after the first episode.